It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White classmates pulled black girl by the neck with a rope, lawsuit alleges:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: intrptr

Small mindedness.

Humans forget the totality of the infinite universe is in and around us.

Petty, small minded human nature.

We've been divided against one another across many lines. This suits the powers that be, focusing unified hatred against their 'enemies'.

Haters just gonna hate.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
this is the rope swing that is suppose to be the one that was wrapped around the girls neck.
there is no way that that could have been wrapped around her neck by anyone and her not see them do it.
in fact i'm having a hard time trying to figure out how even in a accident, it being wrapped around her neck.and enough slack left for someone to be pulling on it.

from this link Family of injured Live Oak Classical School student sues school, field trip host provided by Dreamwatcher

ETA: now i can see her standing on the seat and falling and the rope wrapping around her neck.

That rope has to be at least 6' off the ground.

How the hell could that get wrapped around her neck, standing on the swing, falling off the swing or even someone wrapping it around her neck?

Did the rope break because that's the only way there would be enough slack to get wrapped around a neck.

just a guess, not much perspective in the pic.

edit on 6 21 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

in reading other articles and watching the video of her, she said there was a rope attached to that swing that they were pulling on that was the one she says the three boys wrapped around her neck that no one saw happen.

i said in later posts that the owner of the ranch probably took the other rope off because the law suit lists him saying that he knew the swing was dangerous.

as i have said time and time again, there is no proof of it being a racist attack, or even bullying. just the girl story, which she herself said she or no one else saw any one wrap the rope around her neck. with all those kids playing on the swing that she was standing right beside watching, the chaperones, no one saw anything. hard to believe, unless everyone is a racist at the school or afraid of the bully's.

edit on 21-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The behavior of the school officials did not help, whether or not it was a dreadful accident or racist intent, their actions made it seemed they were covering something up.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

and i said as much.
serious question,

do you really think that the chaperone that was the doctor that checked her out at the camp site, would risk their lively hood to cover up something like that? the doctor basically did the same as the emergency room except for the ct scan, gave her ibuprofen and peritoneum jelly, the emergency room people gave her, antibiotics ointment and ibuprofen. wouldn't you say they acted for lack of a better phrase in good faith? knowing that there would be no way to hide such a injury.

now one poster said that schools will not give meds to students unless they have parents approval, to many things could go wrong in doing that. knowing that two things come to mind.

1 there must have been a consent form signed somewhere for the trip.
2 was the doctor just a volunteer like any of the others or were they chosen just for such a chance something may happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Or..it was a group of kids with one of them having a chaperone parent and they wanted to avoid a massive lawsuit.

If somebody came forward and said they saw something and it was bullying that would be a huge problem for those kids families.

Roping someone around by their neck including the history of such actions in Waco and in the us this would be a very bad court case for those kids.

The aspects of the story that don't add up are in favor of a cover up. Not that it means it was. We don't have all the info.

So a parent chaperone dr treats those injuries in the photo and doesn't contact the parent immediately? Thats negligence right there. I have three kids and have run wrestling summer camps. If you dont contact the parents for injuries some will get very pissed. Throw in this girl was also being bullied severely a few months prior at the same school.

Then nobody saw anything? Two problems with that.

1. Somebody needs to be watching 12 year old kids granted things happen.

2. Somebody did obviously see and they are not talking because they were involved or spotted one of their own kids involved.

It could also be absolutley a freak accident or to a lesser degree a scam.

Imo the school has left themselves open to scrutiny by not calling the parent and then having to admit nobody saw anything. That either says nobody was watching the kids or somebody is lying.
edit on 21-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

again i have said as much several times that the school handled it wrong.

so are your saying that every kid or the chaperones on the trip that may have seen something family is scared of a law suit. no way. even in a town as bad as people say Waco is there are people that still do the right thing and i find it very hard to believe that the whole population of the class that was on this trip are as bad as people say.

i also find it very hard to believe that if as she says she was just standing there watching people swing that she was the only one and that no else was standing watching either, student or chaperone. and if so people look around and talk while their standing watching something. their not just gonna stand there fixated on people on a swing going back and forth.

do you have no problem with the lawyer telling the school that if they didn't give them 2.7 mill that they would go public with the suit? that doesn't sound like extortion / bribery to you?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Extortion or bribery? This is how lawsuits work. So you think this lawyer violated the bar ethics of law and used illegal means. Nope. Sounds like the lawyer is a shark and working for his client. I don't agree with it but it's very common practice.

Second you think nobody saw anything? How is that possible? This girl who was bullyied previously just made it up? She ran off when everyone else was eating lunch and gave herself a rope burn? Its possible but seems a stretch. Not unprecedented but pretty rare for that much theatrics.

That is possible but looking at the other factors it puts scrutiny on the school and the judge will ask and question these things .

If the school had called the parent than they wouldn't have as much explaining to do.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

nope i don't believe no one saw what happened. remember the girl said that not the school. they said eyewitness say that there was no bullying or racist act committed.

No one has been accused of a crime, and the school statement said all student and teacher eyewitnesses have been interviewed "and each independently established that the (racially motivated attack) accusation made by the attorney is absolutely false.R ope burn to neck of black Waco private school student ignites dispute

so in order to believe the girls story you have to believe the school and all chaperones and students are racist liars and or scared of bullys or lawsuits

correction they racist not bullying.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

No. I just have to believe only a small group of kids saw it. And they lied.

Otherwise what did the observers say they saw? They don't know what happened but it wasn't bullying?

It doesn't even have to be racism. It can be bullying and any adult who knew the mom and history knew the lawsuit of telling what happened would be devestating for the children's family and school.

Are you saying there is no way the school and parents would cover this up even of it meant being prosecuted? Maybe only the kids doing it saw it. Maybe it was just two kids.

I haven't heard a description of what happened by anybody saying it wasn't on purpose which alone is fishy. Then fine what happened? Did she walk into the rope?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

and as far as your comment about being a scam, i said as much from the get go, i also said that i think that the lawyer contacted the mother, seeing how she couldn't afford to to send her daughter to that school without the scholarship.
how can she pay a lawyer on anything other than a contingency basis.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Totally possible. The girl rubbing the rope on her neck seems a stretch to me but it is possible

Combining the injury with people who say it wasn't bullying but didn't actually see what happened, a dr who didn't notify the parent I think that just gives the lawyer a better case.

Guess we will see. If the mother put the kid up to something like that then that's child abuse.

But just because a mom wanted a better education for her kid and took out loans and a scholarship and she is poor doesn't automatically mean she is a scammer.

I agree though you need to consider all the options and listen to the evidence which I'd we are honest here we as arm chair prophets just don't have.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The girl rubbing the rope on her neck seems a stretch to me but it is possible

here is my thought on that after reading about the pull rope.

say the girl was standing with the rope on her left side, going by the wounds on her neck. then say as they were pulling the rope and as the swing raised up into the air the rope is going to raise up with the swing. if she turned and started to run some where or even started to walk to her left, while they were pulling the rope or the rope was trailing the swing which the rope could have been high enough to catch her neck. the speed and force of the boys pulling the rope or speed and force of the person on the swing could have caused the rope burn.

if you look at the wound, it runs from just the right side of her neck to the left side. i would think that if the rope was wrapped around her neck no matter what side it was wrapped from and the boys were pulling from behind that the burn would have been on both sides( all the way around her neck ) due to the force in which they would have had to use to pull down to the ground and the weight of the person on the swing pulling on the other side and the rope tightening all the way around her neck.

of course i'm no forensic expert, just know a little bit about force reactions from the schools i had to go to for work.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

And nobody saw that happen? Thats the real issue. If they saw an accident why not describe it and say I saw the accident?

The whole thing is weird.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Why did you only type "blk" instead of "black". Is that like typing G_D cause you are afraid of being struck down? Please don't tell that is some sensitivity thing, tell me it was a totally inconvenient accident.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

like you said we know nothing of what the eye witnesses said. all we have is the story from the girl and her lawyer. you would think that if her lawyers had statements from witnesses saying that it was a racist or bullying thing they would have said they have eyewitnesses. and the school not releasing names of the witnesses or the statements made, other than to say they all said it was a accident is understandable due to law suit filed and not commenting on the cases and is done on a regular basis on pending case by lawyers and their clients.

another thing that sticks out to me is that, if the past bullying was as bad as they make out and the mother had real concerns about her daughters well being why sign her up for another school year there instead of hoping that the school would do something to stop it.

what i would really like to see is the sheriffs department report when it comes out.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The school has denied the allegations, arguing that the incident was an accident. The injuries happened during the sixth-grade class’s overnight campout at the end of April when a group of students began to play with a rope swing hanging from a tree at the Germer Ranch in Blanco County.

Lol, they were just playing with a "rope swing" and it accidentally got caught "around her neck".

Sounds about as ridiculous as Black teens simply "making stupid decisions" randomly knocking out Whites and Jews all across the country a couple years back huh?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Why did you only type "blk" instead of "black". Is that like typing G_D cause you are afraid of being struck down? Please don't tell that is some sensitivity thing, tell me it was a totally inconvenient accident.

Nope that's just my style , I some times abbreviate words, sometimes not , even within the same sentence, like ppl instead of people.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

“Even if this incident was unintentional, the school’s lack of supervision to let this happen, dismissive and tone deaf response after it happened, and refusal to investigate until legally prompted to, showed an utter disregard for one of the only African American children in the school,” the suit says. “Even ignoring what or who caused this injury, the school’s failure to notify the injured child’s mother is inexcusable and reckless.”

Her injuries to not appear consistent with the claim made by the 12 year old boys that it was a mere accident, she was pushed to the ground, rope became wrapped around her neck, sorry lads, not buying it.

Agreed...But here is what shocks me...

The mom first heard about it from her daughter? When she saw the rope burns around her neck?????

Another boy in the 3rd grade made a poorly thought out threat to my daughter once..involving fire...The school immediately called us before the school day was even over and called the parents of the boy..it was resolved quickly and the boy was straightened out.

This girl had a rope wrapped around her neck? Knocked to the ground? dragged? and the rope was obviously pulled tight with significant force to leave that mark???

And the teachers and school says nothing to the parents of this girl?? No call? No explanation...just send her home hoping her parents would not get upset when they notice the rope burns around her neck and let it be??? An ACCIDENT??? WTF is wrong with these teachers???? If by some alternate reality it was an "accident" they still should have called the parents IMMEDIATELY. According to the article the mom discovered the rope burn when she picked her daughter up???

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

There is a pic here at the Waco Tribune with a pic of the swing with another long white rope attached to the seat of the swing, a little more than halfway down the page. It looks like it might be clothesline.

I don't know how to post pics... maybe you can?

Seeing this pic -- and given the amount of force from behind needed to cause that burn on her throat but not the back of her neck -- I don't see any way it could be an accident.

ETA:

I meant to post this as a reply to you also.

edit on 21-6-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join