It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO NOT RENT OR BUY 10 Cloverfield Lane

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
When i read the story of this "horror"/fantasy movie, i didn´t even download it.
It´s like with all these so called horror/fantasy movies nowadays, the kids can watch them.
They are almost all the same and boring.
edit on 20 6 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Domo1

Done, scarborough car park near the dunnies, 8pm friday

haha I live not too far from there. I'll bring the popcorn

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I thought it was a great movie. The best thing about it was that the characters were actually intelligent. I get so sick of seeing retarded characters in movies. It was really refreshing to see the protagonist actually learn and implement their knowledge throughout the film.

That aside, people shouldn't expect another Cloverfield from it, as the film was basically repurposed for the franchise and had the name smacked on the cover. However it is pretty great when considered on its own merits.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It seems you just have bad taste in movies.
The Cube is one the worst movies ever made, and there's a sequel.

Cloverfield lane was fine, not great or anything but they did a good job building suspense and tension, and John Goodman rocked.

What are you talking about, the Cube was a excellent, outstanding and ground breaking for its time, high rated movie that explores human nature and our instinctive urges for survival vs our humanitarianism. Not a new concept, I know, however this movie does it in style, with a plot so simple that it could only be the work of a conceptual genius.

And you Cloverfield lane was not fine it was great... if not spoiled, it got fantastic twist and turns that will keep you wondering, kind of like the Cube.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Ah the Rant forum - here's my Rant....let IMDB be your friend - save your $5.99

from IMDB

by kenny_pham » 4 days ago (Wed Jun 15 2016 22:17:04) Flag ▼ | Reply | IMDb member since June 2016 really slow paced movie, nothing happens, Howard was the only interesting character. And let's not talk about the ending. Michelle kills an enormous monster with a cocktail molotov. What a joke this movie was.

Re: overrated movie image for user Shuzzie53 by Shuzzie53 » 4 days ago (Wed Jun 15 2016 22:21:18) Flag ▼ | Reply | IMDb member since December 2012 Yeah, it was pretty lame.

Re: overrated movie image for user SN51431 by SN51431 » 4 days ago (Wed Jun 15 2016 22:37:04) Flag ▼ | Reply | IMDb member since September 2004 Post Edited: Wed Jun 15 2016 22:37:24 I totally agree, it was awful. I cannot understand all the great reviews and The NYTimes calling it "spectacular." It was real amateurish in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Cube
I didnt get it

For a movie that was done on a budget of $360 K (Canadia) the cube is one of my favourite SCi-Fis, excellent effects horror gore suspense.

Maybe you don't like Sci-Fi in general

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Some yeah, some nah, just didn't appeal to me

I have seen some great sci fi that others hate

Kinda the movies isn't it, different tastes

Still think the princess bride is one of my favorites movies ever, that and the magnificent 7

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
That movie was awesome. I really enjoyed it. Chill out. Lol.

Me thinks somebody is terribly ashamed that the ending "got" them. It was no insult. It tricked you though it seems. I applaud the movie for that.

Even my lady really liked it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It was the most boring movie I've sat through in a long time. I knew the premise from the beginning.

Watching it was like....like...like watching paint dry

Jas

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I saw it yesterday and London has fallen on pay per view..

Cloverfield 10 wasn't to bad...London has fallen I liked...

I was hang over so ...they both worked for me...didn't have to think to much ...just eat and watch

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I really enjoyed it. John Goodman is great in it. Some were disappointed that it was not a sequel to Cloverfield, just related to it. A third film is planned to connect the two.

It is at 7.3 on IMDB. It has twists and turns and keeps you guessing about their host until the end.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Surprised to see a fellow ATSr disapproving of this movie!

Paranoia
Zombies
Survival
DIY chemistry
Social criticism
UFOs

That movie fired on all six cylinders! What's there for an ATSr not to love????

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I liked it. Goodman was awesome.

The movie originally had nothing to do with Cloverfield or monsters. It was left on a shelf to die until Abrams found a use for it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I can't bring myself to try it simply because of the tie to "Cloverfield", which was the worst media creation of all time. That includes movies, shows, commercials, YouTube videos, etc. I still, to this day, want someone jailed for making a movie entirely based on being filmed while shaking a camera as violently as one possibly can.

Sorry you rented it. You really should steal a new copy and throw it away to make up for it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
It has 4 stars on apple Tv and 90% good rating on Rotten. BUlllllllllcrap.

I want my money back. Terrible freaking movie. I actually want my money back, $5.99 to rent this?

I gotta say that there was a certain intellectual feature to the movie that is bound to be missed by someone dumb enough to put out $6. to rent it! *__-
But it isn't the movie that you are angry about, it is yourself.
And it seems to matter that Goodman is fat.
Maybe movies should have a fat people alert?
But anyone hears John Goodman already knows he's fat.
So what?

The movie was 'different', and that, in itself, has saleability!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
LOVED it nice twist at the end!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
I liked it...
I thought John Goodman acted well...
I LIKED the ending, however implausible...

I'm with you, I was going to type near the exact same thing!

If movies/TV were not about extreme situations, why the hell would anyone watch them? That's the whole "magic" of the cinema!!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I liked it. Goodman was awesome.

The movie originally had nothing to do with Cloverfield or monsters. It was left on a shelf to die until Abrams found a use for it.

I hope they make a series of movies and then one final one to tie it all together!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
it's a good sci-fi thriller to me, way different than the 1st obviously the two complete each others

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Saw the movie in theaters when it came out. I thought it was a pretty good thriller...not know what to expect next. It was nice to see Goodman act a little crazy...better than some of the past roles he played.

I gave this movie a 7 of 10...personally I see this more as a netflix movie...so wait for it to come out for free

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join