It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says He Doesn't Need GOP: 'I Can Win One Way or the Other'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Speaking to NBC News' Hallie Jackson in Las Vegas, Trump said, "It would be nice if the Republicans stuck together."

But a fractured party won't stop Trump from succeeding, he said, claiming: "I can win one way or the other."

For evidence, Trump pointed to the primary season.

"I obviously won the primaries without them. I'm an outsider and I won the primaries," he said. "I do believe that we can win either way. But it would be nice if we stuck together."
LINK

Trump won the Republican nomination because his shtick appealed to the demographics of the Republican party. Now, Trump has to appeal to everyone. What is he thinking saying he can win without the support of the GOP?

Clinton vs. Trump: Predicting The Electoral College

As the article linked to directly above explains, Trump needs a miracle to win the electoral college. Does anyone think that miracle can happen without the support of the GOP (outside of Trump)?
edit on 19-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I saw him on Oprah....he was young but the same enthusiasm for the country......he was so young looking, she asked about being potus......way back then.....look Out, he has Oprah.....

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Did anyone expect him to say anything different?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

How about:

"Ha Ha! Just kidding! Pysch!"

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Oprah said she's supporting Hillary just a few days back. So he doesn't even have her.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
He already got the wins. So this would destroy the system and the republicans.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Oprah said she's supporting Hillary just a few days back. So he doesn't even have her.

Well, when Trump was on Oprah (YouTube it) he absolutely praised not only Hillary, but also Bill - and the Democratic Party.

So, for anyone that's been paying attention and hasn't been conned into the FOX-news driven "Donald Trump is an outsider who is anti-establishment," it should come as no surprise.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
But he needs them to do the job.

Without the GOP support in congress he will be useless. May as well vote a cat or a rock into office.

Some times i think trump forgets the president is not a dictator.
edit on 20-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

He will be using an executive order to make himself a de facto dictator until he figures out....

....What the hell is going on....

This is the one and only time I will admit I am glad the electoral college is there.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
e]a reply to: crazyewok

He will be using an executive order to make himself a de facto dictator until he figures out....

....What the hell is going on....

This is the one and only time I will admit I am glad the electoral college is there.

I may be wrong but there are limits to EO's and they can be overturned by the supreme court?

Plus congress hold the purse strings so they could cut funding to any scheme trump trys?

top topics

join