It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fictional Book becoming reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I read a book a few years back, wish I could remember the title of it. The book was written in 1989, reason I remember, cause during the read some of the thing mentioned in the book had happened or were on the road to happening in the late 90's/millenium. The book was based on how the world was heading to a WWIII and what events were taking place prior to the war happening. Like for example:

African nations were the big rivalry, not the Middle East, Africa had become the sleeping giant that began taking over and spreading into the Middle East claiming land and rights, like Hitler did.

Japan became the sole producers of hi tech weapons and sold to the highest bidders, aligning with no one.

EU was created and began crumbling economically with constant civil wars

Russia pretty much became a wasteland, where those trying to escape the worlds conflicts headed to.

The US, Canada and Mexico became one nation, but became economically in strife, behind in technology and no longer the superpower.

China became the ultimate superpower, but had little to do with stoppign Africa.

Thats what I can remember of this book, I read it like in 2000, but its weird how this author wrote this and parts of it are happening, has happened, not by what I mentioned, just tidbits that I remember in the book.

If anyone knows of this book please let me know the name of it.

I guess the reason why I mentioned this is the way the world is starting to unfold. My wife talked to me the other night when we discussing world problems and she asked me, Do you think we should bring kids into this world? It got me thinking, we want kids, but do we want them to be worried about surviving the worlds problems and its inability to make peace?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mscbkc070904
African nations were the big rivalry, not the Middle East, Africa had become the sleeping giant that began taking over and spreading into the Middle East claiming land and rights, like Hitler did.

Japan became the sole producers of hi tech weapons and sold to the highest bidders, aligning with no one.

EU was created and began crumbling economically with constant civil wars

Russia pretty much became a wasteland, where those trying to escape the worlds conflicts headed to.

The US, Canada and Mexico became one nation, but became economically in strife, behind in technology and no longer the superpower.

China became the ultimate superpower, but had little to do with stoppign Africa.

Do you think we should bring kids into this world? It got me thinking, we want kids, but do we want them to be worried about surviving the worlds problems and its inability to make peace?

Well if it was written in 1989 it is pretty much based on history. Russia was a wasteland back then, which is why it initially fell. China was beginning to become a superpower and Japan, well you know it.

I guess the author guessed on U.S. lagging behind tech and stuff, because U.S.S.R was its biggest enemy, with them gone, they have no need for fancy nukes anymore.

I don't know how to answer your wife's question, but let me ask you this. Did people during WW2 not bring children into the world, even when they knew that someone has to die, and it is either them or the other guy. Did people during the plague, not bring children in the world, even when they knew that their child could be the next victim of the plague. I could go on and on, but you get my point. They all did, and so should you.

Maybe your child would be lot worse off than us, but do we know that for sure, nope, so why not take the chances?

Surf

join