It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another DDoS attack?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Goof.
I was talking about the avatar.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: scubagravy

Goof.
I was talking about the avatar.

Duh, thats why i wrote ' good one '

The pacific was on your 'twenty'

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: Phage

lol good one,The air is very fresh in the pacific one suspects, kinda cheating while most are choking on city fumes.

Hahaha, you and phage just had me laughing at 230am lol

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yeah, Phage just cracked me up too.

fresh air, quick wit........ Maybe i need to move location

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
ATS is extremely slow for me. I hope it isn't just me? Anyone else experiencing this?

I think a hacker is in our midst. Someone or something recently removed the punctuation ( "!!") from the title of a thread I started more than a month ago. The exclamation marks show at the top of page one, once you click on the thread's title in the listing of all ATS threads. But they've been removed from the title, in the listing of all ATS threads.

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Weird! Who knows what else has been altered in this forum by the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

This is one of my first ATS threads I commented on, and honestly I don't know what I would do without direct access to the," defenders of the earth" and growing up doesn't seem like it's any fun either

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
What's up with the Ebola spammer, is this some kind of bot? Why is it attacking?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think I caused this problem. I had received a message by a moderator with a God complex saying I violated some code of conduct on here. SInce I post pretty civilized stuff I was curious WTF I did. When I responded and asked for a specific reason the ATS servers went to # and in 40 minutes of trying I was unable to send a reply to the private message.

I will now begin to post various off-topic items containing George Carlin's 7 words as well as vague references to my conservative political leanings and slowly working up to the fact I am a middle-aged conservative white patriotic veteran to see at which point I get another message and the removal of some sort of points. I was told I had 1000 points taken in the message, but I was unable to determine if these points came from my last game of solitaire, my 401k, my IRA, or my PayPal account.
Why is it so hard to say what a violation actually was? And why does the ATS server choke when I ask for more info.

Sorry guys. My fault.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ArJunaBug

I think I caused this problem.

I don't.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Who on Earth hates ATS so much to cause this, and why?

Dumb script kiddies with no life.

a reply to: SkepticOverlord

It kills me to see ATS in such a dire financial state. I know that ATS isn't alone. Forums are dying all over and being replaced by the mindless "content" of websites like Facebook. The devolution of society, as I see it.

In any case, would bringing back a gear store help with income streams? Or perhaps, a greater focus on monetizing video content? You're the marketing guru. Is there anything you've been brainstorming?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
What can the ATS members do to help keep ATS above water? I have donated, I pay more for this site then paid ones because I WANT it to survive!!!! Is there anything else we can do?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
Just how much are the bots eating into the site?

How many Hillary supporters are there here, that may just be a good estimate ....

You son't understand the meaning of bot in this context.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
What's up with the Ebola spammer, is this some kind of bot? Why is it attacking?

The Ebola spammer is coming for you, personally. To scare you. Tech....ebolaandzikaand an earthquake are coming for you now..bwahahaha.

That one I think is a real person trying desperately to get hits to his various similarly named sites that all ask for money.

edit on 20-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Everytime ATS is down, it makes me realise how important the site is for me.
So big props for the founders and MODs of ATS.

I would also provide financial aid, if it can be done completely anonymous (and if i would not be completetly broke..)

And on the conspiracy side, off course i wonder if the DDOS attack has anything to do with the fact, that the Orlando Story gets uncovered piece by piece by fellow members.

So another shoutout for all the members!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

I bet yall click on skip this ad on youtube videos of your subscribed members too.

What “skip this ad”? I have no idea what you mean.

How did the conversation go from DDoS attacks to site revenue? Either it was an attack or something broke, I guess.

Sorry guys, but I won’t be allowing third-parties to do business with my personally-identifiable information, which by the way includes my IP Address. ScoreCardResearch and AddThis, as examples, are blocked on my system and they won’t be released on any individual website. Many, many users will be routinely blocking advertisers of this nature and I honestly believe that the only way to combat this, or rather to change the attitude of ad blockers, is to use advertisements located on your own server and with no disclosure of user’s information. You have to keep things within perspective. The only other option is to go for subscription but I for one have no doubt that it would result in elitism on these boards - in fact, you could easily end up making less due to hoards of people leaving the site for good. This isn’t only about advertising, it is about mass extraction of user information and browsing habits and we, the users, have the right to choose our own methods of blocking them from our systems. End of the day, ad blocking will not kill this site - draconian measure to enforce ads will.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: TechniXcality
We can't lose ATS that's not an option, that's all I have to say.

I'm with you Tech!

I totally agree....I can't help with the brainstorming,I just have basic computer knowledge, but I thank the ones who do...please find a solution so we don't lose our home, our little community here

thank you

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
NO...

ATS will not go away or disappear. There are frankly TO MANY people here.

Dante's Crystal Ball:

If ANYTHING a wealthy investor or OTHER media company will BUY out ATS, and transfer OWNERSHIP. There might be a shake up...some things may change...but accounts and existing topics would remain.

I have been through and SEEN many forums do this. When the current owner cannot make it financially viable, they SELL and let someone else give it a try.

I doubt ATS is running in the negative...but it may be sucking up to much TIME with barley any PROFIT to make ATS seem "worthwhile" as an investment for the owners.

No. We will remain in some form or another. There is value here that can be sold to someone. It happens all the TIME...venture capitalists, media conglomerates, subsidiaries...tech startups...

Nah...ATS will just change hands or get a cash infusion from a new investor before closing its doors for good...we might already be on display for potential buyers to BUY...who knows...?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So, what's happening? Are we still on life support? I wonder what's happening behind the scenes and what is being planned? They must be pretty busy right now trying to brain storm.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Please save ATS...You created a bunch of addicts! Lol

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Yeah...something's screwy.

NSA computers intercepting all Internet traffic, looking for clues to the next terror event, and slowing down all the page loads especially from sites like abovetopsecret.com, as they try to monitor what everybody is reading and posting.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join