It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando 911 calls will be edited to remove references to "Islamic terrorism".

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Opening up the truth to the public and making Trump look right, yet again.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

It's definitely more powerful to hear a man's actual words before dying for a cause he believes in.

That's not a substantive reason to withhold public information in violation of open records law.

I question the motive of all these ATSers who want the propaganda released. It seems they're more on the side of Islamic terrorism.

I think these statements are pure BS and some kind of attempt at emotional manipulation. You've been given a good reason people want the audio released, in full: the public wants and deserves transparency in government. Therefore, you have no cause to make up a stupid reason.

Are you trying to shame people into not demanding transparency in government? If so, why?

You have no right to expect people to have trust and confidence in the government considering all the info that's come out indicating the government dropped the ball on this guy, again and again. The government is incompetent and corrupt. That's been proven with a long track record.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

If the Attorney General and everyone else has already acknowledged that he pledged allegiance to ISIS (as the AG does here)...then what is the issue with not broadcasting his nonsense?

I heard one of the girls who was hiding in the bathroom recount what he was saying on the phone...it was a laundry list of how horrible the USA is, bombing innocent civilians etc. evil USA etc...

Why share broadcast ISIS propaganda?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Not to mention they basically already said exactly what was redacted which kind of makes the whole point moot.

I think the other 911 calls as well as the OPD transcript during negotiations would provide much more information than this partial transcript does. Same with any surveillance footage. I would be shocked if night clubs like this don't have all kinds of surveillance and web cams for promotions, etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

They don't even need to distort the truth if they are simply going to hide it from sight.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Possessed and in control of the narrative

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

If they've already released the content of the calls -- whether it was a witness recounting his words or officials paraphrasing -- then there is no substantive reason to withhold the full audio.

This move to edit and only provide transcripts makes it appear that info is being hidden to protect the 'hiders,' not the public.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Interesting... Is that why the death toll miraculously went from 50 to 49?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
this is disgusting.

before we go and judge China or NK or other countries, why dont we look into our own backyards and see the very things we're so outspoken about with governments abroad.

shake my f'in head.

where are those 'Hacktivists' when you need them for real forking issues..,.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The first release is out:

FBI News release

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Indigo5

If they've already released the content of the calls -- whether it was a witness recounting his words or officials paraphrasing -- then there is no substantive reason to withhold the full audio.

No...eff that. ISIS treasures western voices and loves to make there stupid videos with western American or British "martyrs" voice tracks with dramatic music. It helps them recruit other Western lone wolves. I see no reason for us to provide them with marketing material.

End of story...You can spin off into conspiracy, but logic and thought count as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: NewzNose

Interesting... Is that why the death toll miraculously went from 50 to 49?

The news media was flip-flopping on semantics .."49 people murdered".."49 Victims"...50 was the "death toll"...but that included the shooter.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Speaking of Obama

“He doesn’t get it or he gets it better than anybody understands—it’s one or the other and either one is unacceptable,”

Donald Trump

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brainiac
a reply to: reldra

No i don't feel better, we still have Benedict Arnold as POTUS...

true

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

a reply to: spiritualzombie

Officials have already stated he pledged allegiance to ISIS, etc. I don't see how hearing it in the shooter's own words makes a substantive difference. The audio tapes should be released in full in the public's interest and in the interest of government transparency.

It's definitely more powerful to hear a man's actual words before dying for a cause he believes in.

I agree that there's an issue of government transparency... but I also understand this tactic of not releasing a dying man's final words of allegiance before becoming a martyr for ISIS. It probably makes ISIS angry too, that those words aren't released.

I question the motive of all these ATSers who want the propaganda released. It seems they're more on the side of Islamic terrorism. They say "come on, just release the audio... the part where the martyr claims allegiance to ISIS and encourages others to follow in his foot steps... come on, let people hear that part".

Sounds pretty stupid to me.

So you trust our government to just cut out his "allegiance"? You think that hearing him say that will turn a heart? Then the heart was ripe for the picking and was going to turn anyway.

You may be OK with getting your info from TPTB, I prefer to make my own decisions from the information given to me....and by that I mean ALL information.

But you go ahead and get in line. The government LOVES people like you. Here you are telling US that we are wrong because we want to hear the truth. You just buy it all hook line and sinker......shame on you.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Officials have already stated he pledged allegiance to ISIS, etc. I don't see how hearing it in the shooter's own words makes a substantive difference. The audio tapes should be released in full in the public's interest and in the interest of government transparency.

I agree that there's an issue of government transparency... but I also understand this tactic of not releasing a dying man's final words of allegiance before becoming a martyr for ISIS. It probably makes ISIS angry too, that those words aren't released.

I question the motive of all these ATSers who want the propaganda released. It seems they're more on the side of Islamic terrorism. They say "come on, just release the audio... the part where the martyr claims allegiance to ISIS and encourages others to follow in his foot steps... come on, let people hear that part".

Sounds pretty stupid to me.

So you trust our government to just cut out his "allegiance"? You think that hearing him say that will turn a heart? Then the heart was ripe for the picking and was going to turn anyway.

You may be OK with getting your info from TPTB, I prefer to make my own decisions from the information given to me....and by that I mean ALL information.

But you go ahead and get in line. The government LOVES people like you. Here you are telling US that we are wrong because we want to hear the truth. You just buy it all hook line and sinker......shame on you.

After reading this thread, there are clearly two camps here. One which is distrustful if the government and feels they will remove more than they say they will or that their motives are impure.

The other camp just assumes the government is telling the truth and without any good reason to believe that.

And insinuating that people who want more transparency are just on the side of promoting terrorism. That is disingenuous and insulting.

I agree that there can be problems when giving a spotlight to these murderers but it is not the government's position to tell us what info we can and cannot handle. Most transparent admin in history my left nut.

They have given me no reason to believe they won't edit the transcript more heavily to promote some agenda.
edit on 6/20/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There is no reason, none whatsoever to edited, unless there are things are would be present that would hinder an existing investigation. I could understand that. It is, as if, the US government is creating these 'attacks' and then defining them so historically they will not look like terror attacks. The excuse they use is what Indigo said...

Hopper, however, defended the deletions. "[Mateen] does not represent the religion of Islam, but a perverted view," Hopper said, later adding: "Part of the redacting is meant to not give credence to individuals who have done terrorist attacks in the past. We're not gonna propagate their violent rhetoric."

This is bs. To not give credence. We already know who he pledges to. We know he is Islamic. He is a representation but they are using this to further separate bad from good for appearances.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Let's say:

A man kills a woman and calls 911 and says "I killed this woman because I support the Men's 123 organization"
Then the reason gets leaked what's going to happen?
The public will want an investigation into that organization.

A man kills a bunch of people calls 911 and says"I killed these people because I support the 12345 Organization. "
Again the reason gets leaked and people demand an investigation into the organization...

Now remove the quotes about the Organizations and all of a sudden there is no Group to blame only the man himself..

Same here remove his pledge to ISIS and all of a sudden there is no group to blame just the man...

Some might argue then, over timetime, it will be easier to spin this as closeted gay man shoots up club.. Without these quotes heard coming from his mouth it becomes easier to deny that he said them; even with witnesses, after all they were in shock right?

Now if we heard these men in their own words pledging their allegiances to these groups you know what might happen?

We become extra ticked and start aggressively demanding something be done about these groups...

And we can't have that can we?

So, I would argue anyone who doesn't want the full statements released is trying to protect certain groups from questions, scrutiny, and being held accountable...

link   
a reply to: Martin75

I do not blindly trust the government. The fact that I'm even on ATS should tell you I question a lot. I have a solid history on ATS questioning the government.

All I'm saying is, I understand the strategy in denying these killers a loudspeaker for their propaganda.

And when it comes to full audio, audio can be manipulated. Full audio can actually be edited audio. In the same way that an actual birth certificate can be a photoshopped forgery. So, save your full audio. You're not going to get "The CIA made me do it"-- and I see no reason to let the terrorist spew his propaganda.

What are you hoping to get with full audio? What is it that the general public is not getting now, that would be benefitted with full audio?

edit on 20-6-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
The first release is out:

FBI News release

All the hyperbole for THAT ?

LOL

Talk about being PC Neutral.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join