It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando 911 calls will be edited to remove references to "Islamic terrorism".

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Do you understand the other argument which has nothing to do with PC, or dictating what the people can handle, and has everything to do with stifling his propaganda message?

Simply put...NO! Because there is no logical / sensible basis for this...AT ALL!

The deeds are done, nothing anyone says can undo them. Nothing. Why hide the truth now?

The ONLY justice now is contained in the truth. Manipulating the truth now only perpetuates more LIES!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You imply that by hearing the full message that it will show the world the vile awful truth of Islamic Terrorism. The problem is the percentage of the population it actually inspires.

As we've seen with Trump, you can give him a full un-filtered loudspeaker, and while most of the world will see a horrible racist bigoted man revealed for what he is, by his own words--- NOT everyone sees it that way. Some get inspired. You may be surprised by how this shooter's despicable words could be used to inspire and recruit others.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Simply put...NO! Because there is no logical / sensible basis for this...AT ALL!

Actually, it's all logic, where yours is pure emotion.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like a big jealous micro-management effort.

What are they so afraid of?

There are really that many sheople in this country. When the sheep are at peace, the sheep dogs are nowhere near as active. Mustn't disturb the sheople now.

At least not until TPTB have completed The Migration they've been diligently promoting/allowing.

We are surely living in interesting times.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I understand your take on it, that you don't want any valuable truth left out.

Do you understand the other argument which has nothing to do with PC, or dictating what the people can handle, and has everything to do with stifling his propaganda message?

Yes...I understand. But while my opinion may not be popular, let me run it by you. If there is some amazing level of propaganda there that would convert someone to his belief, support his group, etc...I see that as a good thing. Terrorism requires a level of stealth. You hide among the sheep and then attack when they don't expect it. You can get into places, buy things because you are not visible as a danger. Let the propaganda flow...let those who would be "converted" by it be exposed...and then kill them. I'd much rather be fighting a visible, known enemy than one that hides among the sheep.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Yes, that is not only what I'm implying, but saying directly.

I'm not going to digress into a Trump argument with you. This thread isn't about him, it is about the AG of the US publically stating the government will knowingly and intentionally manipulate information before releasing to the public.

Lastly, ISLAMIC TERRORISTS are already motivated to do whatever they're going to do. I reject any notion that redacting selected information, in any form, will further prevent the inspiration of ISLAMIC TERRORISTS or recruitment of others.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

You imply that by hearing the full message that it will show the world the vile awful truth of Islamic Terrorism. The problem is the percentage of the population it actually inspires.

As we've seen with Trump, you can give him a full un-filtered loudspeaker, and while most of the world will see a horrible racist bigoted man revealed for what he is, by his own words--- NOT everyone sees it that way. Some get inspired. You may be surprised by how this shooter's despicable words could be used to inspire and recruit others.

The truth...in my personal opinion is Obama wants to continue to try to make it look like RADICAL MUSLIMS and ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS are not our enemy. So he is lying, not calling them what they are and changing the facts so support his LOVE for them. I see no other logical reason.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I have to agree with you 100% on that.
No amount of media coverage will change those who's hearts are set on jihad.
They don't draw their inspiration from television but from religion.
Another little factlet the administration refuses to admit.
Equivalent to the Warren commission saying JFK was killed because someone was jealous of his hair.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's a bit of a shocker isn't it? The government is literally admitting that it will lie by omission to its own people.

At what point did the handholding of our governments reach such frightening proportions? When did they forget that they were elected to represent the people? At what point did they realise that they would rather hide the truth from the people than tell them the truth?

Can we really doubt now the fact that governments, as they now stand, are inherently bad for us as citizens? Of course we get the benefits of centralised government; infrastructure, jobs, health care and those things but the other things such as feeling safe, protected, morally right, proud of our heritage...those things? Out the frickin' window.

In summary what I suppose I am saying is that not only have we allowed them to run away with our honesty, our pride and our dignity but we actually voted them in to do so.

The meme has become a reality because they tell us it is so:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I'm not going to digress into a Trump argument with you. This thread isn't about him, it is about the AG of the US publically stating the government will knowingly and intentionally manipulate information before releasing to the public.

This, this a thousand times.
There are legitimate reasons for the govt to remove parts of this type of transcript.
www.foia.gov...

Exemption 1: Information that is classified to protect national security.

Exemption 2: Information related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of an agency.

Exemption 3: Information that is prohibited from disclosure by another federal law.

Exemption 4: Trade secrets or commercial or financial information that is confidential or privileged.

Exemption 5: Privileged communications within or between agencies, including:

Deliberative Process Privilege
Attorney-Work Product Privilege
Attorney-Client Privilege
Exemption 6: Information that, if disclosed, would invade another individual's personal privacy.

Exemption 7: Information compiled for law enforcement purposes that:

7(A). Could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings
7(B). Would deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication
7(C). Could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy
7(D). Could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of a confidential source
7(E). Would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions
7(F). Could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety of any individual
Exemption 8: Information that concerns the supervision of financial institutions.

Exemption 9: Geological information on wells

During the interview Lynch mentioned none of these. She does not get to make up the laws as she goes!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
From an administration that gave us the gem ISIS is "not Islamic, nor a state" and therefore refers to them as Daesh so as not to mention Islam.

From an administration that has on multiple occasion used "workplace violence" to describe killings (even beheading) in which the killers were Muslims and shouted Alluhah Akbar while killing Americans.

From an administration that mentions the Crusades after every Muslim terrorist attack.

Why would the administration editing out the mention of Islam from a terrorist attack in America be a surprise?

I would be more surprised if the didn't come up with a new term for the shooter "white-Afghani" so as to fit their current agenda.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

100%! But there is a way to have both. Extremely limited federal government and stronger state governments. But the federal government is at war with the states and the people. They want full control of everything and to get that, they are willing to take every right from the people, all the power from our local, state government and wipe their collective ass with the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

GUN CONTROL! GUN CONTROL!!! GUN CONTROL...don't forget GUN CONTROL!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think this move is a sign that the United States has officially turned over the keys to the asylum to the inmates. Common sense had been completely abandoned.

The rest of the planet must be doubled over in laughter and astonishment at the stupidity of our "leaders" and the apathy of our citizens.

I am embarrassed to be an American. Our flag no longer represents respectability, courage, and the moral high ground. It is the coward's white flag of safe spaces, trigger warnings, and heavily censored speech.

The FF's are spinning in their graves. We destroyed what they gave us.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think the "legitimate reason" she is calling into action is either "We don't want you to know" or "It makes Muslim terrorists look like...ummm...terrorists".

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Lastly, ISLAMIC TERRORISTS are already motivated to do whatever they're going to do. I reject any notion that redacting selected information, in any form, will further prevent the inspiration of ISLAMIC TERRORISTS or recruitment of others.

I'm not digressing, I'm using it as an example. A lot of people see Trump as promoting racism and bigotry. The establishment thought Trump would bury himself. Just give him a loudspeaker and he'll reveal himself-- while most of the world sees an obvious awful guy--- many have been sucked into his dialogue and are actually inspired.

Why would you want to give this terrorist exactly what he would want? His final words and allegiance broadcast to the world? You're so blind with this emotional need to scream at Radical Islam, that you're ignoring strategy and reason.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Yes...I understand. But while my opinion may not be popular, let me run it by you. If there is some amazing level of propaganda there that would convert someone to his belief, support his group, etc...I see that as a good thing. Terrorism requires a level of stealth. You hide among the sheep and then attack when they don't expect it. You can get into places, buy things because you are not visible as a danger. Let the propaganda flow...let those who would be "converted" by it be exposed...and then kill them. I'd much rather be fighting a visible, known enemy than one that hides among the sheep.

I don't think allowing terrorist propaganda to flow will in ANY WAY expose terrorists, or make their attacks any less 'stealthy'. Free flowing propaganda will not give you the war you prefer. It only makes the mess bigger, by infecting more minds-- many of them non-violent, increasing the fog from which a violent extremist can emerge.

edit on 20-6-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Why would you want to give this terrorist exactly what he would want? His final words and allegiance broadcast to the world?

Why would you want this to be deleted? What was said, do you know? Were names named? Were plans revealed? Was it simply Allahu Akbar and off we go?

You don't know and more importantly, you don't want to know. Why would you not want to know?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think that is actual the transcript-

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think the "legitimate reason" she is calling into action is either "We don't want you to know" or "It makes Muslim terrorists look like...ummm...terrorists".

There is a very clear agenda.

The Obama Administration is protecting Muslim extremists under the guise of religious freedom.

Only a blind man would fail to see that this administration is Muslim-inspired.

The Obama Administration is not protecting us from our enemies, which makes it an enemy to the American people.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join