It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando 911 calls will be edited to remove references to "Islamic terrorism".

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Crazy folks who want Isis propaganda spred?!

Then why they heck are we covering the shooting at all? The act in itself is responsible for encouraging more isis idiots, more so than any words...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The NAZI's were famous for censorship.

FDR was famous for it.

Johnson was famous for it.

And here we are in the 21st century.

Anyone else see the pattern?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Indigo5
ISIS treasures western voices and loves to make there stupid videos with western American or British "martyrs" voice tracks with dramatic music. It helps them recruit other Western lone wolves. I see no reason for us to provide them with marketing material.

End of story...You can spin off into conspiracy, but logic and thought count as well.

Well they have the western voices of officials and the witness already mentioned. I don't see how this is substantially different.

It's a stretch.

ISIS releases "Martyr" videos regularly...Martyrs speaking their propaganda and "heroically" giving their own life to kill a ton of innocent people.

The audio of an American pledging allegiance to ISIS and citing reasons why whilst he is in the midst of killing 49 "infidels" is high value propaganda material....We shouldn't be providing them with marketing material.

And the whole...the US government killed these people nonsense...is a little sick.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My guess is he pledged allegience to Al Nusra,
or any other of McCain's and gov sponsored terror groups.

That s why they don't want us to hear it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: DBCowboy
To be frank, I would imagine that the administration would scrub the fact that the coward was a registered democrat before scrubbing ISIS-related stuff.

Maybe his wife is working for Hillary now.

Listen to you. That last sentence, really?

MAYBE the FBI are simply not going to "further proclaim this man's pledges of allegiance to terrorist groups, and further his propaganda."

Maybe??
LOL!

Why would that even matter?
After the MNAY, MANY hours of all the MSM covering that on tv non-stop for days.

His "message" if that's what it was, was talked about on 24/7 "news".
So I'd doubt the FBI saying anything would matter.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So, you're speculating that the wife now works for Hillary? And you're surprised that the FBI didn't scrub that the shooter was a registered democrat?

and your response is, I'm defending censorship?

Okay....

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312

Crazy folks who want Isis propaganda spred?!

Then why they heck are we covering the shooting at all? The act in itself is responsible for encouraging more isis idiots, more so than any words...

We can't and shouldn't restrict the media...but yes...the media feeds the beast. The Orlando shooter was a little obsessed with the reporting around San Bernardino...Copy cats are a way of life in the 24-7 news cycle.

The Cops though? They are not the media, they don't get revenues from clicks on the internet. They can hold the audio unless compelled to release it by the courts.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: DBCowboy

So, you're speculating that the wife now works for Hillary? And you're surprised that the FBI didn't scrub that the shooter was a registered democrat?

and your response is, I'm defending censorship?

Okay....

No, I just don't see why you're upset.

If they are censoring, something you support, then I am free to speculate.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What peaks my interest is how he spoke Islamic yet he was born in the US who the heck would understand him on the other side of the phone , crank call at that time of the morning from some drunk dude ?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: gladtobehere

"If you want to find out who rules over you, find out who you can't criticize."
-Internet saying

This is absolutely one of the saddest things I have ever read. It's not an anonymous internet saying if unknown attribution it's freaking Voltaire. One of the greatest philosophers in history. Not to go all old man here, but this is the exact reason people like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are not only taken seriously but are the front runners for president.

The reason the government no longer feels it needs to hide the fact that it lies to us daily, that it openly and brazenly edits the information it releases, information that might be important for changing the opinion of a nation that may or may not be at war with an insidious and dangerous ideology. It understands that we are a deeply unserious people in a very serious time.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Marid Audran

Not to go too off topic, but there is speculation as to the validity of Voltaire actually saying it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

ISIS treasures western voices and loves to make there stupid videos with western American or British "martyrs" voice tracks with dramatic music. It helps them recruit other Western lone wolves. I see no reason for us to provide them with marketing material.

End of story...You can spin off into conspiracy, but logic and thought count as well.

Well they have the western voices of officials and the witness already mentioned. I don't see how this is substantially different.

It's a stretch.

ISIS releases "Martyr" videos regularly...Martyrs speaking their propaganda and "heroically" giving their own life to kill a ton of innocent people.

The audio of an American pledging allegiance to ISIS and citing reasons why whilst he is in the midst of killing 49 "infidels" is high value propaganda material....We shouldn't be providing them with marketing material.

And the whole...the US government killed these people nonsense...is a little sick.

I do get this point, honestly. But if you accept that your government can censor whatever they deem problematic for them, then you really should just give them absolute control over everything.

Allow them to self sustain by censorship and social moulding. No oversight, no responsibility and no questions asked. They know best and off to work.

I don't know about that to be honest with you.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

What peaks my interest is how he spoke Islamic yet he was born in the US who the heck would understand him on the other side of the phone

The NSA.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

It's a stretch.

I do get this point, honestly. But if you accept that your government can censor whatever they deem problematic for them, then you really should just give them absolute control over everything.

Problematic?...Hmmm...is the US Gov "Censoring" for not broadcasting live video every time ISIS executes someone? Are they censoring for not sharing ISIS propaganda videos on WH dot gov? WTF...really...Have you ever seen one of the ISIS Martyr video? With the soon to be dead Martyr listing grievances against the USA or the West before murdering people or blowing themselves up? No...we should NOT be providing ISIS with marketing material...The shooter called 911 exactly because he wanted his words recorded and broadcast after he was gone...eff him...I gotta exit this thread now...it's creeping into sicko territory.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

OM: Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of God [ in Arabic ]

I don't know a single Christian that talks like that. Let alone speaks it in arabic.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The U.S. government has murdered countless innocent people, including children. They are, indeed, sick. And, IMO, they demonstrated far more compelling motive, over the last week, for orchestrating this shooting than "two men kissing" or Islamic martyrdom. God knows they aren't going to open themselves up to any investigation despite demonstrating compelling motive.

And, now, what they have released is purely U.S. government propaganda since they not only edited it but changed his words.

I am not swayed by the argument that the People should be deprived of transparency for the sake of preventing ISIS from spreading propaganda. They're going to spread it, regardless. It will be effective, regardless.

It's just not a substantive argument.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The fact that you see that point is a really good thing.

I respect your position on anti-censorship and government transparency. I share that view, as do probably most people here. I'm also open to a reasonable argument-- and as much as I question the government, I do see the strategy in not allowing a terrorist to posthumously spread his propaganda. Just as I understand the tactic to not say Islamic Terrorists. By marginalizing these violent groups, and separating them from Islam, we remain true to our Muslim allies and we help spread the idea that this violence IS NOT Islam.

What I see here is a rejection of this strategy-- which is fine-- but rather than call it something nefarious, why can't it simply be a strategy people disagree with? If it's a strategy people disagree with we can debate the pros and cons of that strategy vs other strategies.

Trump's strategy seems to be racial profiling, ban Muslims, hold all American Muslims accountable for the actions of an individual crazy person; and point the finger at Islam. Seems like a flawed strategy to me. Seems like a good way to alienate allies, and create new enemies (which Trump is truly gifted at).

Point being--- this is a national security strategy.

edit on 20-6-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Marid Audran

Not to go too off topic, but there is speculation as to the validity of Voltaire actually saying it.

Way OT, but it is commonly assumed (aside from a stupid mediate or whatever it was that tried to make it a stupid right wing thing) that it's a paraphrase of "it's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." Which is freaking Voltaire, 1752, Le Siecle de Louis XIV. It is a good anti State quote so had to be smeared and the best way to do that is to tie to to right wing douchebags.

Which to get back on topic is that the government doesn't even have to bother with hiding because we'll cover for them, left or right because we are so entrenched in our ideological tribes that our lad or lady must be protected and theirs must be destroyed regardless of truth because their brand of evil is worse than ours which is for the greater good.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Providing ISIS with marketing material...seriously?

How about you go to the Middle East, see the ruins of the region, from both western and Russian interference and then tell me that a freakin' redacted martyr tape is relevant in the face of all that.

I took you for someone with actual reasoning skills, I was wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

What peaks my interest is how he spoke Islamic yet he was born in the US who the heck would understand him on the other side of the phone , crank call at that time of the morning from some drunk dude ?

(A) His father was/is a devout Muslim and politically engaged in Afghanistan. He likely spoke Arabic at home. My neighbors kids are all born here, but speak fluent polish/Russian with their parents who immigrated.

(B) He spoke in both English and Arabic on the 911 call because he knew it was being recorded and wanted his "speech" to be broadcast after he was dead with both an American and ISIS audience.

Strangely...folks on this thread are advocating for his final wishes here.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join