It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal, CANADA: Let The Banning of Pit Bulls Begin!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Montreal to ban pitbulls, other dangerous breeds
www.ctvnews.ca...

MONTREAL -- Less than two weeks after a woman died following a dog attack in her backyard, Montreal's mayor has announced a plan to ban pitbulls and other breeds that are deemed to be dangerous.

"We're going to have an applied strategy, not just for one breed, but based on the level of potential danger of several types of dogs," he told a news conference on Saturday.

Dogs that already live in the city will be allowed to stay but will have to be sterilized and wear muzzles in public, Coderre said.

The ban was announced 10 days after a 55-year-old Montreal woman was found dead after being attacked by a pit bull.

The dog escaped from a nearby home before it attacked Christiane Vadnais.

Without getting into specifics, Coderre said the new rules would require dog owners to show they are capable of owning a pitbull or other dangerous breed of dog.

That may include a clause that would prevent anyone with a serious criminal record from owning one.

Coderre's announcement came days after the mayors of Quebec City and the Montreal-area city of Brossard announced they would be banning pit bulls.

Premier Philippe Couillard said this week his government will likely follow Ontario's example and adopt a provincewide ban on the breed.

Here is just a small picture of an attack victim of a radical pitbull:

I am personally glad that some provinces in Canada are stepping up to protect its society from ignorant pitbull owners. I for one stand by this and am glad governments are taking aim on this issue.

I for one would not like to be the victim of a pitbull and will stay far from those radical dogs as best I can. Furthermore, I have seen some very graphic content online with regards to such attacks and let me tell you....I nearly puked.

Terrible breed, terrible dog, bad on the dog owner to be ignorant of this. Those dogs were bread to kill...enough said.

Go Montreal!
edit on 19-6-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011
Wow. Words can not describe how much I disagree with this. Speechless. Cant add anymore than that.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As an "aggressive breed owner", with a very sweet, well trained dog, I can say this is not the answer at all.

Sure, regulate ownership and breeding, but banning a dog breed is just ridiculous. Owners are responsible for this, not the breed.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think you said at one point its is the owners fault. Pure and simple.

What did Cesar say?

He rehabilitates pets and trains their masters.

There are some sweet pit bulls out there. And some trained killers.

Both are because their owners made them in their image.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

That's your own opinion and it is your own. I respect that, but at the end of the day I am tired of hearing about vicious pit bull attacks...so out with those breeds thank you very much!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Banning irresponsible pit bull owners would make more sense.

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Terrible breed, terrible dog, bad on the dog owner to be ignorant of this. Those dogs were bread to kill...enough said.

Couldn't be more wrong, they are fantastic dogs when they are raised like any another dog.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You sir are ignorant (and harmfully so), in this context on a scale immeasurable.

Pitbulls are one of the smartest, friendliest oversized lapdogs a homeowner can, well own.

The hardest part of owning a pit bull is convincing them they're not a lapdog and my face isn't for licking.

Just because they are capable of tearing your face off doesn't make them evil. given proper incentive, I could tear ones face off too, should all me's be put down and/or barred from existence?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

If you make owning the breed criminal, then only criminals will own the breeds.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Actually they were bred as baby sitter dogs.

Your entire post is rife with ignorance about Pitbulls.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So the irresponsible pit bull owners will just acquire and abuse some other breed, because it's the owner's abuse that causes animals to act this way. You can train any dog with abuse to attack and, if it's large enough, to kill humans unpredictably.

So what breed will these dirt bags choose once their pit bulls are taken away? And how long until that breed is banned? And the next?

Dog abusers are OK with this. The attention is on the dogs instead of them.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
You sir are ignorant (and harmfully so), in this context on a scale immeasurable.

Pitbulls are one of the smartest, friendliest oversized lapdogs a homeowner can, well own.

The hardest part of owning a pit bull is convincing them they're not a lapdog and my face isn't for licking.

Just because they are capable of tearing your face off doesn't make them evil. given proper incentive, I could tear ones face off too, should all me's be put down and/or barred from existence?

out of the dozens of pit's I've personally saw come into this world and all the random encounters of pit's, only one was as nasty as you opined.

Funny thing is, the owner was a thug and fed his dog rare meat, fought it with others and treated it like a weapon. As such, when I went to "tassel" with him he made it clear "playing" means drawing blood. I looked at the owner, he smiled and it broke my heart. #ing duchse bags.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: ksiezyc

That's your own opinion and it is your own. I respect that, but at the end of the day I am tired of hearing about vicious pit bull attacks...so out with those breeds thank you very much!

Hello, I just stopped in to BAN Ali G.

He looks a little TOO much like a gangster. Gangsters scare me, I am fragile.

BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You might hear about fewer pitbull attacks if idiots didn't identify every dog with a remotely square head as a pitbull.

blog.sfgate.com...

m.huffpost.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Your ignorance of the breed is astounding.

Everyone else has pretty much said what i would say ..but seriously though, get a clue man...
Do you want to ban all guns and Muslims too?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Banning irresponsible pit bull owners would make more sense.

Just sayin'

Oh but wait, they are putting in laws that will make current pit bull owners very tough. They aren't saying much now but I am sure that the new laws will make those owners legally liable for any damage very brutal on them.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
duplicate
edit on 34pSun, 19 Jun 2016 18:31:34 -050020162016-06-19T18:31:34-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

link   
duplicate
edit on 45pSun, 19 Jun 2016 18:36:45 -050020162016-06-19T18:36:45-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

link   
We have a pit bull ban in the UK.

One thing that continues to amaze me is just how stupid people are.

Bad owners, yes, bad breeders? Yes.

A bad breed? Do me a favour.

I have had German Shepherds and I never had a second's worry about my children's safety with them EVER.

If the dog is bred well and suffers no congenital problems that cause it pain etc. and it is treated well in a secure, safe environment then it won't ever turn.

People are the problem here, not bloody dogs.

link   
We have a pit bull ban in the UK.

One thing that continues to amaze me is just how stupid people are.

Bad owners, yes, bad breeders? Yes.

A bad breed? Do me a favour.

I have had German Shepherds and I never had a second's worry about my children's safety with them EVER.

If the dog is bred well and suffers no congenital problems that cause it pain etc. and it is treated well in a secure, safe environment then it won't ever turn.

People are the problem here, not bloody dogs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join