It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of Potrero Ca Being Evacuated as Wildland Fire Jumps Highway and Reaches 100 Acres

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
NBC 7 San Diego

Cal Fire officials say the City of Potrero is being evacuated as the fire grows. Homes along Highway 94 between Emory Road and Plaskon Road are being evacuated. Nearby roads are closed as crews work.

Record Setting Heat for Father;s Day Weekend

“This will be the hottest two day stretch we’ve seen so far this year," NBC 7 Meteorologist Greg Bledsoe said.

The extreme drought in Southern CA and wildfires in CA are not helped by record setting temps. This has been the hottest year on record, globally.
edit on 19-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I live in California, but in the SF Bay Area, so I have never dealt with any kind of wild fires or anything along those lines, but we sure do see a lot of it as a State. Part of it always seems kind of... surreal... to hear about a whole city or town being evacuated because of a fire. I think we can all just hope that everyone makes it out alright and nobody gets hurt. I know of course that people can still lose everything even if they themselves make it out alright. It really is terrible.

join