It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump says US should consider profiling Muslims

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RoyBatty
I'm sorry, but last I checked, accidental or not, dying to a bullet wound is STILL a death involving a gun. You can try to spin this away all you want, but facts are facts.

Statistics are a joke, anyone who has studied them knows they are incredibly easy to manipulate.

People who say this are usually anecdote warriors who, wrongly, think that their personal experiences account for the world's experiences. This plays out with your incorrect belief that Muslim terrorism poses a significant threat to the US mainland outside of isolated, high-profile crimes.

Statistics may be manipulatable, but they are FAR more useful and telling of trends and how things work than your personal judgment. So if you are going to dismiss statistics, you better have some better statistics to replace them with (or a well reasoned takedown on why those statistics are flawed). Otherwise you are just talking out your ass.

The original point is, AS we should incorporate longer waiting periods for responsible gun ownership, so we should ALSO profile folks who have time and again been in contact with extremists, traveled to countries known to foster jihad and prevent them from hurting people within our borders. Profiling is what keeps Israel moderately safe - and they are congratulated for it fairly regularly - New Zealand uses it in their immigration policies - and they are quite socially liberal.

We aren't Israel. We aren't neighbors with the Middle East. What works for Israel doesn't mean it will work for us. Profile is something the United States pays lipservice to not standing for, but when the heat is on, cowards such as yourself jump over yourselves to throw out established rights out the window because it is too hard to think up a solution that preserves rights AND takes care of the problem.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No need to offend an entire Religion/People just because of a few fanatics! The K.I.S.S. principle applies here too..

What you do is find out WHAT or WHO the attacker found most dear in this life, and you "punish" it or them. That will send a powerful message to the next fanatic who's thinking of attacking.

You could start the ball rolling right now with the things and family of Omar Mateen. He did a careful pre-planning of asset transfer, to benefit loved-ones left behind.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If only they took the war on terror as seriously as the war on drugs...
Black men have been profiled by police for a long time now. Stop & Frisk, increased patrol, ect.
Seems to work well at keeping them locked up. But..
All this has caused irreversible damage to the relationship between police and the black community.
That is something that we would have to take into consideration before we start profiling Muslims..
Wait a minute, they already hate us and our lifestyle!
They hate that our women have equal rights, they hate that gays are allowed to live openly, they hate that we drink and listen to music, they hate that we live free here.

Anyone who gets their instructions from Islamic holy books and follows those instructions, is a threat to our way of life.
Monitor mosques, survey religious leaders. Find the threats, deal with them.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
My shortest post...read my signature.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

This is great news for the right-wing FAKE Christians. Jesus would be proud ..... or may be their beloved Satan!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: eisegesis

How does me saying that Trump is quickly becoming irrelevant make me egotistical? If he's becoming irrelevant then so is anything he says.

I don't buy into the election, but you are clearly irrational and in complete denial.

Irrelevant means losing relevance or importance, so how the hell could a guy who is going to be one of the two contenders in our upcoming election be losing relevance?

Are you insane?
He's gonna be all over tv, in the papers, and in thousands of internet articles for the next several months at the minimum.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well how about his argument then.

Blaming all Muslims for Islamic Terrorists is like Blaming all Gun owners for mas shooters.

After every mass shooting there are discussions about banning guns for everyone.

For the record, I think Islam is a terribly backwards religion and I am very pro gun. But that argument makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Sure he'll be on TV all the time... as a caricature. Lot's of media won't mean that he'll be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Lets be fair here.

If a terrorist is going to sucide bomb a plane the old white lady in the wheel chair isnt going to be the terrorist is she?

In certain situations those of a islamic back ground are going to be a higher risk.

Mass shooters come un all shapes and sizes. Not much you can do about them.

But bombers? Especially sucide bombers ? 99/100 they are of a certain type.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: muzzleflash

Sure he'll be on TV all the time... as a caricature. Lot's of media won't mean that he'll be taken seriously.

It's kind of interesting really. His campaign started out as an utter joke, then he shocked the world by taking over the GOP by stealing its voter base so he was taken seriously, and now that the extremist parts of the election are dying down he gets exposed for what he is and his campaign is spiraling back down into joke status.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

That really depends actually. While I was in Iraq they told me that all the best and willing suicide bombers already succeeded and were dead. Thus the terrorists were kidnapping people's families and forcing a remaining member to blow themselves up to save their lives. That was in 2005. You can bet this practice hasn't ended either.

It really isn't so cut and dry simple.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Trump must know nothing about the process of coming into this country in the first place.

Yeah, he knows nothing.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
If only they took the war on terror as seriously as the war on drugs...
Black men have been profiled by police for a long time now. Stop & Frisk, increased patrol, ect.
Seems to work well at keeping them locked up. But..
All this has caused irreversible damage to the relationship between police and the black community.
That is something that we would have to take into consideration before we start profiling Muslims..
Wait a minute, they already hate us and our lifestyle!
They hate that our women have equal rights, they hate that gays are allowed to live openly, they hate that we drink and listen to music, they hate that we live free here.

Anyone who gets their instructions from Islamic holy books and follows those instructions, is a threat to our way of life.
Monitor mosques, survey religious leaders. Find the threats, deal with them.

LOL They don't hate us. You must be a very scared American. You probably don't even know any Muslims. They hate the war. Not Americans. But if you continue with your bigotry, I'm sure they will end up hating you. But never ALL AMERICANS.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That really depends actually. While I was in Iraq they told me that all the best and willing suicide bombers already succeeded and were dead. Thus the terrorists were kidnapping people's families and forcing a remaining member to blow themselves up to save their lives. That was in 2005. You can bet this practice hasn't ended either.

It really isn't so cut and dry simple.

Over there yeah.

But in the west that hasnt happend.

Fact is police and security at airports, train stations and other favorite bombing sites have a set amount of resources.

Better they use those resources to the best effect rather than waste a good chunk on being PC.

Its not fair but life is not fair.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In the past, the terrorist was easy to profile. Now, they are clean shaven. They wear nice clothes. They drive nice cars. They go top strip clubs and they drink alcohol. All the times looking at those around them that they will kill.

This guy. He cased the place and set this up for months. That way, when the time came, he was a familiar face. Psychological. That is how screwed up this is. The last 2 shootings in the US that were tied directly to terror were instances where they killed people they knew. To me, this shows how calculating and cold blooded they are.

Profiling means what mosque do they attend? Who's YouTube videos do they watch? Where do they hang out? It is all analytics that the current administration has and is suppressing. But why?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I find it entertaining to watch a bunch of people try and rationalize their backwards mentality here.

On one hand you have Muslims a minority group.
On the other you have gays another minority group.
Those are the only two groups involved in this incident.
But liberals must place all minority groups on this equal pedestal of acceptance and understanding.
Until it all falls apart when one protected group attacks another protected group. Then it's time to deflect and blame a whole other sub-group.

Oh he was Muslim?
Those damn gun owners!

Oh he may have been in the closet?
Those damn conservatives!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

You are naive if you think liberals are distilling this issue down so simply. You do know that life isn't a set of dualistic choices, right?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Over there yeah.

But in the west that hasnt happend.

Yet.

Fact is police and security at airports, train stations and other favorite bombing sites have a set amount of resources.

Better they use those resources to the best effect rather than waste a good chunk on being PC.

Its not fair but life is not fair.

Can you show me the evidence that warrants such activities and show that muslim terrorism (or any terrorism for that matter) poses a threat to your or my home country? Because I've yet to see it. I just see anecdotes and people denying the fact that a dining room table is statistically more dangerous than terrorism is.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He could turn it around again I suppose... it just doesn't seem likely.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

This is a big part of the problem. The people that should be on lists an can buy guns...are removed from lists and go ahead and buy guns.

There are Americans with no history of anything nefarious, and some have been children under 10 or just have a similar name to someone who should be on a list, and sometimes...just becaause they campaigned for Ron Paul...that try to get removed and it takes YEARS.

I think until the no fly list and the terrorist watch list is adequately maintaned, they should not be used for anything.

We never agree. On this I am absolutely astonished, our views align!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join