It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump says US should consider profiling Muslims

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Why would the cable guy be taking my tv?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: UnBreakable

I thought it was pretty clear, but I will elaborate.

It seems some people here (not pointing fingers) will use another countries so called success with their governing styles as an example, but when people make an equivalent argument using other countries governing styles they scream how it would be unconstitutional while completely ignoring the fact that their argument was equally unconstitutional.

I personally believe in the constitution. All of it, not just parts.

I believe in the Constitution also . I was making the simple observation that a profiling policy has proven to be a security success.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

But he is not doing well. He has never done well in the polls against Clinton.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm confused it says right at the top of the graphic shootings in which 4 or more people were wounded or killed. Am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

It seems so at least considering the FBI has infiltrated most Mosques in the US and regularly attempts stings and occasionally foils their own plots.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TechniXcality

I would disagree.

That would introduce so many venues for rights abuse.

I always was of the mind that we need to become so damned bad, that the terrorists would sh#t themselves at the thought of attacking us.
We need to terrorize the terrorists.

We need to become the monsters that they think they are.

This has NEVER stopped warfare in all of history. It just results in escalation of force. This is how terrorists went from hijacking planes and flying them to other countries to ransom off the hostages into flying planes into buildings. But you don't want to see that because you are a hammer and the world is full of nails.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: onequestion

Do you agree we should profile all gun owners because of the actions of a few? If not, why do you support doing the same to Muslims? I mean, gun owners have killed a LOT of people over the years so we should go ahead and profile all of them including the responsible ones, right?

Because guns don't radicalize one another. They don't travel to known radicalized places, communicate with extremists and then travel home to inflict pain on others. Israel profiles heavily, as does India, New Zealand yet I there is little to no criticism directed at them.

That being said, if most terrorists in the last 10 years were 43 year old caucasian mothers who frequented the library, I would not protest to being profiled. I'd also avoid the library.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: CranialSponge

It seems so at least considering the FBI has infiltrated most Mosques in the US and regularly attempts stings and occasionally foils their own plots.

That's only half of the story. It's not just that they've "infiltrated" mosques; mosques have openly invited the relationships with law enforcement for decades. I can tell you from personal experience that my Dad (an Imam) and his associates have been in close contact with local law enforcement, State law enforcement, and the FBI for a long time. Sometimes it's been because of threats and break-ins at their mosque while other times it's been because of leads from the community members themselves.

They share information back and forth willingly because both law enforcement and the mosques want peaceful relations. It's the same with American Muslim organizations, American subsidiaries of Muslim charities, etc.

ETA: People on here always see it as a conspiracy when they hear that the FBI knew about this or that Muslim. But it's usually the opposite. Usually what happens is the FBI and the local Muslim community have been in contact for a long time and any potential "threats" are already pointed out. So law enforcement slowly gets close to the potential threat, questions and/or monitors them, and then keeps an eye on them if nothing sticks.
edit on 20-6-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The US govt is already profiling right wing Christian Republicans who are "as dangerous as ISIS". Might as well just profile everyone.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RoyBatty

Yet guns manage to be involved in more deaths and injuries than Muslims do. How do you explain that away?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TechniXcality

I would disagree.

That would introduce so many venues for rights abuse.

I always was of the mind that we need to become so damned bad, that the terrorists would sh#t themselves at the thought of attacking us.
We need to terrorize the terrorists.

We need to become the monsters that they think they are.

O.O Somehow, I'm not surprised you'd say this. Ironically, it's the same approach ISIS takes. They literally preach that they should be so ferocious and disgustingly bad to their opponents that no one will be willing to oppose them. And you want to "one up" them?

From my perspective, both "sides" are full of bloodthirsty maniacs that are just waiting for a reason to rationalize killing more innocent people. One side calls them "collateral damage" while the other calls them "enablers of our enemies". But it's the same perspective with the same results. And both "sides" are too stupid to realize that throwing gasoline on a fire will only make things worse. And that killing innocents will only create more enemies, not fewer.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yet guns manage to be involved in more deaths and injuries than Muslims do. How do you explain that away?

Please elaborate on your figures.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoyBatty

State: 17,800-Plus People Killed Globally in Terrorist Attacks in 2013

Nearly 18,000 people lost their lives in 2013 as a result of terrorist attacks, the first jump in fatalities after a steady decline over the past five years, much due to a sharp uptick in violence in Iraq, according to statistics released today by the State Department.

Statistics on Gun Deaths & Injuries

In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings. This is the equivalent of more than 85 deaths each day and more than three deaths each hour.1

73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.2

Firearms were the third-leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2010, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents.3

Also of note about those two statistics. That Muslim terrorism statistic is a global statistic and the gun statistic is JUST the United States, yet it still manages to eclipse the Muslims statistic.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: atomish
If anyone doubted this dude was a fascist tool, this should put the final nail in the coffin. It did for me.

What's next? Gonna suggest we start asking for their "papers, please"?

Disgusting.

Better to have people in this country produce papers, like passports, drivers licenses, etc, than have them wander around undocumented doing whatever they want below the radar. What kind of person would want that?!? Oh, wait...(insert descriptive terminology here) hillary followers...

You will be hard pressed to find any supportive statements from me of Hillary or any Democrat or Republican that was fielded this cycle. Nice try though.

If you intend to get on an airplane today you have to show "your papers, please". Surely, you knew that? So, does that make obama a fsacist tool too?

I think Obama is a fascist tool as well, yes, but I don't see what that has to do with the topic at hand. Admittedly, I votes for him in 2008 but I will never forgive myself for that. ^_~

I have no problem with people having to identify themselves before boarding a plane or before voting or when being pulled over for traffic violations, etc.

Where I DO have a problem is when authorities are allowed to just randomly stop people they deem may be a threat based on the way they look and demand that they prove they aren't a terrorist or some such crud.

You shouldn't assume so much, friend.
edit on 6/20/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/20/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

He probably means like this:
12,784 gun related injuries in the US so far in 2016.
6,242 gun related killings in the US so far in 2016.

These stats from this site, which collects info from 1,500 sources and updates its stats daily. It even has an interactive map for US shootings in the last 72 hours.
www.gunviolencearchive.org...

Compare that with the 50-ish Americans killed in all of 2016 by a Muslim terrorist, all happening in the recent Orlando attack. So you have 6,242 vs 50 (49 if you don't include the shooter, and possibly less if some of the victims were shot by law enforcement during the shootout).

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thanks for that. It's damn near impossible to get the perspective of a Muslim in America in the media, usually just a tiny anecdote. That needs to change.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: onequestion
Why would we do that?

There is only a group of terrorist hidding behind the guise of Islam and using it as a recruitment and tool and methodology to setup "mosques" in the US taking advantage of our religious freedom and freedom of speech and setting up terrorist networks and cells to find disenfranchised youth.

No that's not happening.

Let's deny reality more since that's a common theme.

As soon as you can find these dangerous mosques and cells, show us. It appears to have been, since 911, disenfranchised youth, not whole groups, that spent too much time on the internet. That would be the same with white supremecists and a lot of other extremist groups.

You prove it. You have the burdon of proof as you posit this to be true.

We would have more proof, if the Obama administration did not shut down DHS investigations of mosques, claiming it was Islamophobic.

And then, these mosques that had been investigated produced terrorists who killed Americans, because the investigations were blocked.

We would have the proof, if the investigators were permitted to do their job.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6/20/16 by BlueAjah because: fix quote

edit on 6/20/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/20/16 by BlueAjah because: added link

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: DBCowboy

Okay, so you don't want profiling from Trump.

You don't want profiling from government lists.

You don't want to ban firearms.

What's your big solution?

Well for starters...

How about the FBI/CIA/MI6 and every other useless alphabet agency rally together worldwide and actually do their goddamn jobs by way of hunting down these cells and taking them all out...

Or is that expecting too much from our tax donations ?

These agencies try. But the Obama administration blocks investigations that target mosques or Muslims.
So, how can they do their job?
hmm
Oh wait, I know! By "profiling"! If you know that terrorists are being generated at mosques and within the Muslim community, or might be an immigrant from a country that generates terrorists, maybe that would be the first place to look.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thanks for that. It's damn near impossible to get the perspective of a Muslim in America in the media, usually just a tiny anecdote. That needs to change.

Thanks. And no problem. I usually ignore these threads because it usually feels like talking to a wall lol. Well, plus I'm actually reeeeally impatient and hate repeating myself. I keep having to remind myself that patience is a virtue.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoyBatty

State: 17,800-Plus People Killed Globally in Terrorist Attacks in 2013

Nearly 18,000 people lost their lives in 2013 as a result of terrorist attacks, the first jump in fatalities after a steady decline over the past five years, much due to a sharp uptick in violence in Iraq, according to statistics released today by the State Department.

Statistics on Gun Deaths & Injuries

In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings. This is the equivalent of more than 85 deaths each day and more than three deaths each hour.1

73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.2

Firearms were the third-leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2010, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents.3

Also of note about those two statistics. That Muslim terrorism statistic is a global statistic and the gun statistic is JUST the United States, yet it still manages to eclipse the Muslims statistic.

Right. I asked you this question so you would illustrate the point for me. If you are going to use accidental deaths in your statistics, which amalgamates suicides (lion's share of many of these statistics) and law enforcement deaths, they can hardly be used as counterparts to terrorist Islamists. Statistics are a joke, anyone who has studied them knows they are incredibly easy to manipulate.

The original point is, AS we should incorporate longer waiting periods for responsible gun ownership, so we should ALSO profile folks who have time and again been in contact with extremists, traveled to countries known to foster jihad and prevent them from hurting people within our borders. Profiling is what keeps Israel moderately safe - and they are congratulated for it fairly regularly - New Zealand uses it in their immigration policies - and they are quite socially liberal.

My comment about the library stands.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join