It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump says US should consider profiling Muslims

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Except he's not becoming irrelevant. If anything, he's becoming more and more relevant each day. Nobody can stop talking about him. Good or bad, he's certainly not irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I hesitate to mention, this being page six and all, that targeting any person, certainly Americans, based only on their religion would be illegal under the First Amendment.

I would imagine that "profiling them as terrorists" would tend to hinder the "free exercise" of their religion ... wouldn't you?

Unless Donald J. Trump is ready to go on record that he will trample the Constitution, if elected.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Why in the hell are we using Israel as an example here? They have their grubby hands in so many pockets it's sad. As if they're good guys lol.

I only used Israel as an example of a government that widely uses profiling for security purposes, and it works very very good for them to fight against internal attacks and mischief. Over here though, it is too politicized and bashed in the media, but it seems might just start being employed here by some.

The problem with that of course is the Obama regime fighting against it, while at the same time behind the scenes fighting for it, or vice versa.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Just a wee bit of "profiling" may have got this last guy. But hay when a gun shop owner calls the FBI and they don't even show.......whats ya gona do?

In Mateens case, he could've looked like anybody. Based on the FBI's previous two investigations, combined with a call to the FBI after he requested body armor and a large supply of ammunition, there absolutely should have been action taken. Most of what led to the shooting were a breakdown of systems that were already in place.

The problem is, more vague forms of profiling (racial), could never be forced on a single demographic without subjecting the rest of the population to the same. As a buffer to help reduce any human prejudice, they may use this "opportunity" to bring biometric surveillance to the streets and storefronts of America. Either way it's coming and it's an easy sell when the people are in so much fear.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I hesitate to mention, this being page six and all, that targeting any person, certainly Americans, based only on their religion would be illegal under the First Amendment.

I would imagine that "profiling them as terrorists" would tend to hinder the "free exercise" of their religion ... wouldn't you?

Unless Donald J. Trump is ready to go on record that he will trample the Constitution, if elected.

You make a point.....at what point is profiling really a hindering of a person to practice their religion? And what is their religion called for mass murder? (Questions rhetorical and for educational purposes)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

You talking bad about the government is an action that gives them enough reason to track you. What traitor has ever spoken good about their own government? So that means since you talk bad about them, they should watch out for an attack from you. The best way to do that is to track your internet and/or phone usage.

Or is it only ok when you're not the (innocent) target?

No its not you believe that your insane to track users is the dumbest thing you could do you would waist thousands of hours of man power. What you do is you look at posts. Did they say mention killing Amaricans that would be called a red flag. Did they say something along the lines if supporting a terrorist organization. If the government even attempted to investigate everyone that disagreed with it they would need a several million more people in the FBI. See what your doing is classic deflection and sadly you think its a legitimate argument against profiling. You profile actions and deeds for example type or for that matter say you want to kill Obama. I gurantee you'll get a visit from some suits who want to ask you some queations. Why is that do you think. Well it's called a red flag and you have been officially profiled as an assassin.

You do realize people like you making excuses for why we shouldn't look into possible dangers is the same reason 49 people died in Orlando don't you.

See they investigate and he would say we'll they only called because I'm Muslim. Had nothing to do with that it was his threats and the fact he was Muslim only meant he may have been radicalized. But hey throw common sense out the window and keep telling yourself evry thing will be fine.

Just remember the next time people die some common sense could have prevented it. This goes for San Bernadino as well the indications were there long before but do to people like you worried about political correctness that wasn't stopped either. First rule of any war know thy enemy. And you want to put on blinders and go what radical islamic terrorists.

So if radical Islam has declared war on the west we better start figuring out who's the good guys and who's the bad guys. And other than profiling there actions how else do you plan to stop them. Oh wait you don't you want to clean the streets of blood after they attack. Yeah that makes real sense in total seriousness you should really learn making excuses for a group only allows them to hide in plain site. The results of which are further attacks. And yes people coming from say Syria or Afghanistan we need to take a good look at.

You can call it profiling but it's a red flag find lots of red flags and we need to pass on letting them visit. After all I'm sure you have locks on your door right? Why well you want to keep people out of your house that could mean you harm or steal your stuff. If you practiced what you preach I hope you leave your door unlocked and put a sign on your front lawn saying visitors welcome. I'll bet your stuff will be gone in a couple of days.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I have a "Perfect" solution!

Ban anyone on any kind of "watch list" from buying any kind of gun (and let's add explosives, too, just to be "safe"!).

Then we put EVERYONE on a watch list!

Boom! Problem solved!

It's just "common sense"!

"Profile all Muslims"?

And how would one do that, pray tell?

By whether they have a "Muslim-sounding" name?

By having everyone declare and register their religious preference with the government?

By genetic testing?

Ooh! Do you get a "pass" if you can prove that you are LGBTQ?

I was born in SF, CA. My family has been in what would become th United States for more than 300 years, literally.

An aristocratic family, we were forced from our home country due to religious persecution, and arrived with nothing.

And yet, despite this history, if I were to choose to convert to Islam (12 years of Roman Catholic parochial education down the tubes!), which is one of my rights under the Constitution,...

I should be profiled as a "possible terrorist", and have many, if not all my rights questioned and/or curtailed?

Hell No, not while I'm still vertical and able to breath on my own!

link   
Double post.

edit on 19-6-2016 by Bhadhidar because: Duplicate post. Dang iPhone!

link   
Just looking at the arguments going on in this thread between one faction and the other ...

Is exactly why I believe Trump is going to win the election come November. 0bama was an abysmal failure as a President. Hillary was probably worse serving as his Secretary of State, with not one remarkable achievement to name.

America's tolerance of the Politically Correct is at an end. They're ready to take anyone as long as they don't reek of progressivism. ... And everything Trump is saying out loud now is apt to be put into play.

You reap what you sow, folks ... you reap what you sow.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

How about we figure out how he plans on profiling Muslims before we go all gung ho in supporting him. The word profiling could mean any number of methods in the context of his quote.

Why don't we monitor NRA events and profile all gun owners since there have been a lot of mass shootings lately? I mean, it's only fair.

Why single out Muslims when violence spans all races and cultures?
edit on 6/19/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It appears that the DoHLS, press outlets, higher education and wherever information is decimated.....that large scale and allowable profiling of a demographic, very large and of one race has been going on for years now. Their certain tendencies and beliefs are well stereotyped and attacked. They, the powers, are already doing it race based religious profiling.

Another note, we have had very little to none of the religious/political violence that has been part of Europe's history say in regards to Catholic/Protestant wars and unpleasantness. We also have other non-European religions here that have practiced and presented no problem in civil violence. But now all that has changed, certainly a fool could see that with the introduction of mass influx of race/religion of another sort.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Why don't we monitor NRA events and profile all gun owners since there have been a lot of mass shootings lately? I mean, it's only fair.

They did a good deal of that in the 80s and 90s. In fact they had undercover in the Militia movements during the Obama administration.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

You make a point.....at what point is profiling really a hindering of a person to practice their religion? And what is their religion called for mass murder? (Questions rhetorical and for educational purposes)

Does the First Amendment say what it says, or not?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

And it didn't stop a single mass shooting from happening. Imagine that.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Just looking at the arguments going on in this thread between one faction and the other ...

Is exactly why I believe Trump is going to win the election come November. 0bama was an abysmal failure as a President. Hillary was probably worse serving as his Secretary of State, with not one remarkable achievement to name.

America's tolerance of the Politically Correct is at an end. They're ready to take anyone as long as they don't reek of progressivism. ... And everything Trump is saying out loud now is apt to be put into play.

You reap what you sow, folks ... you reap what you sow.

Had to give you a star you hit the nail on the head. My party has been taken over by progressives. And the one candidate that showed any common sense couldn't hold up to Hillary. She has the support of the media being progressives and they have taken over leadership in the party.

Bernie never stood a chance and these so called democrats gave the election to the Republicans on a silver platter. Because I have never voted republican in my life but at this point my party is dead and progressives have given away the kingdom.

So more than likely I'll help put trump in office if only to stop the madness and keep Hillary out of the oval office. She is the most dangerous candidate in amarican history. She can be bought with donations to her slush fund. She lies to people like trying to claim she's for supporting blacks. Yet her and her husband was out stumping to pass a crime bill that devasted the black community and who's effects are now coming to fruition. And let's not get started on how her forign policy has turned the middle east into an unstable cess pool of violence.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Duplicate post
edit on 6/19/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

link   

How about we figure out how he plans on profiling Muslims before we go all gung ho in supporting him. The word profiling could mean any number of methods in the context of his quote.

Why single out Muslims when violence spans all races and cultures?

You don't think other terrorist groups get profiled? Only they don't have the magic bullet like our shooterms in Orlando they can't claim racial profiling and have the investigation ended. Even you mist admit with what we heard in Dan Bernadino and now orlando red flags were everywhere being muslim was only one of them. But it was the one that allowed them to continue there hate to the point people died.

link   
Except that of course, here in the real world, Donald J. Trump becomes more unpopular by the day, in every poll. RCP - Trump Favorable/Unfavorable

And Clinton is leading him by an average of 6 points, again, in every poll. RCP - Trump v. Clinton General

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Except that of course, here in the real world, Donald J. Trump becomes more unpopular by the day, in every poll. RCP - Trump Favorable/Unfavorable

And Clinton is leading him by an average of 6 points, again, in every poll. RCP - Trump v. Clinton General

I always laugh when I hear this your not thinking. Trump has gotten nothin but negative preSS for months. And he's 6 percent above Hillary. And they haven't even started the negative ads against her yet. Expect a massive flip when they start running ads showing her calling black youths thugs. Or the donations from countries to the clinon foundation and how it effected her decisions in office. And sadly appears to have been bought and paid for by forign governments. Including helping approve the Russians buying up large tracts of land including uranium mines.Or Benghazi and the decisions she made such as waive security requirements for our embassy. Then continued to ignore security warnings. And we didn't even discuss having out ambassador set up arms deals with terrorist groups one of which turned on him.

Then there is security breaches with her emails and there appears to have been hacked by China because she chose to ignore her security briefings because it didn't apply to her. And we haven't even discussed her middle east policies of setting g up long time allies like in Egypt and helping overthrow them turning countries into chaos. So far ever forign policy decision she made as Secretary of state is backfiring we have refugees fleeing in the millions because if the policy of syria arming Isis either on purpose or through stupidity yet to be determined.

By the time they are done you'll just wish my boy Bernie had won instead of letting progressive cronies like madeline and Hillary hi jack the party. Van you tell I'm still upset about Bernie

edit on 6/19/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I'm not sure what polls you're reading, but the one's I linked, which agregate about 50 or so, show Trump BEHIND Clinton.

Yeah, I've heard for 3 years now that Clinton was going to be charged on Benghazi ... and she was found completely blameless by eight different REPUBLICAN attempts to do anything to smear her.

I've heard for over a year that she would be charged over the email server "next week" ... and yet, still nothing.

In short, I've been hearing garbage about HIllary Clinton most of my adult life, and none of it has ever proven to be anything more than right-wing propaganda.

Now, I'll say again. I don't like Hillary Clinton. But, let's face it, two almost three decades of clap-trap and she's never been convicted or even charged with one single thing.

Remember what happened to Bill Clinton's popularity when it became utterly obvious that the Republicans were more interested in attacking him than working for the country? It SKYROCKETED.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join