It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump says US should consider profiling Muslims

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Where the hell have you been?

I miss your threads.

Excessive profiling will not be tolerated by a large portion of the population. There's nothing you or I can do about that. The seed has been sown and there is no trust between certain "factions." Come November, there will be violence in the streets.

We all profile to an extent, but the law will use it to their advantage. As I pointed out here, they can gather your identity from a stingray device in order to run your name, creating a database of addresses tied to outstanding warrants. Maps can be generated and areas targeted, increasing the chances of being illegally pulled over, searched and detained.

Now go make threads!

Ha! Busy busy busy, oh and in the Dominican Republic a bit. Have a new store opening in Atlanta and not much time to do what I love here.

Anywho....I'll be back full force soon....

Oddly enough I had a fantastic conversation with an executive chef in DR about Wilhelm Reich and Orgone energy....very refreshing to meet people who research.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: muzzleflash

Sure he'll be on TV all the time... as a caricature. Lot's of media won't mean that he'll be taken seriously.

Irrelevant and not taken seriously are two different things, so you're deflecting.

Also I must say, as someone who fights against Trump so vehemently and consistently on a day to day basis, you appear to be taking him extremely seriously.

You're in denial.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Actually most mass shooters are white men and of those white men, most are right wing. The frequency has been greater too so why isn't anyone calling for white men to be profiled?

If you actually read carefully what I wrote i said that and that there was not such you can do about them.

It was sucide bombers I was refering too.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's probably easier to just turn on the same type of immigration moratorium that President Obama did back in 2011.
With Obama it was Iraqis, but this sets a precedence for stopping immigration from Countries that support or harbor the crazies.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: crazyewok

Actually most mass shooters are white men and of those white men, most are right wing. The frequency has been greater too so why isn't anyone calling for white men to be profiled?

If you actually read carefully what I wrote i said that and that there was not such you can do about them.

It was sucide bombers I was refering too.

How many suicide bombings have there been in America? Now compare that nonexistent number to the number and demographics of mass shootings in America. Profiling Muslims won't change anything.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Why not?

Not just the Muslims, everybody wants to be a citizen.
- Ties to druglords? No entry
- Ties to Muslim extrimiest? No entry
- Ties to weapons traffickers? No entry.
- Ties to mob organizations? No entry.

We have this idea that "profiling" is such a evil bad thing.
thing is we use it every day. All of us.

Police use it to catch murders, serial killers and robbers.
Each and every one of you (me included) use it all the time when we date.
- You look at a persons dress.
- You look at the physical appearance.
- You watch how they react to outside influances.
- You watch how they react to internal issues.
- You check out how they smell. (Don't tell me you don't do this
)
- You watch how they react to your presence.
- You see how other people react to them.
- You ask your friends what they think of them.

Congratulations!!! YOU just profiled someone. Yes you may not use every one of those and may even have others. BUT if you say you have NEVER done any of those things YOU ARE LYING. (Or you live in a cave in Outer Mongolia and only interact thought WIFI.)

Just as we did above you can statistical build a picture of a terrorist.
- Just as a straight woman is a subset of women. A radical Muslim is a subset of Muslims.
- IE if I want to date a "straight" woman, I must first look at women as a whole.
- IE to find an "radical" Muslim, I must look for Muslim.
From there it just keeps getting more complicated, but still doable. You have to keep building the included items and working with them. BUT you also must keep in mind that no single criteria MUST dominate you view. Back to the dating. If I had set the critera that I would ONLY date red heads, I would have never meet my wife.

Profiling is a very useful tool as long as you manage it properly. You need a wide area of data sets and CAN"T focus on any one of thes sets. Even if you have someone that matches all you data sets, you still have to be careful, because there maybe a set you never accounted for. (Ever meet the "perfect" person, just to find out your completely incompatiable?)

SO see WE ALL use profiling and can use it responsablly if we want to.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

How many planes have been flown into skyscrapers and killed thousands in England? And profiling Muslims as possible terrorists will definitely do something positive. It will help keep Islamic terrorists further way from us and therefore, will keep us safer. And you know what...any peaceful Muslim would not only agree with that but would embrace and support that. If I had a pitbull and knew that some people didn't like them because they were bitten before...I would keep my dog away out of respect for their history. Why wouldn't peaceful Muslims do the same???

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join