It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump says US should consider profiling Muslims

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
So you mean to tell me that all our wealthy allied western nations can't pool our resources and militaries together to take down these enemy cells ?

All we can come up with for a solution is to "racially profile the whole lot" ??

What's wrong with this picture...

Anyone ?
Anyone ?
Bueller ?

Obama has to be challenged by Trump to even be able to grind his teeth and say "radical Islam." Today the FBI is redacting the transcript of Mateen's phone calls to separate him from the religion of peace , in my opinion. To think that we should profile some Muslims and their mosques is only sanity in a world gone mad on PC.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Actually most mass shooters are white men and of those white men, most are right wing. The frequency has been greater too so why isn't anyone calling for white men to be profiled?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: muzzleflash

Sure he'll be on TV all the time... as a caricature. Lot's of media won't mean that he'll be taken seriously.

You're forgetting one important thing.....being scrutinized by a biased media.....the real caricature is Hillary on stage in her $13,000 jacket bitchin' about income inequality and how she was broke when she left the Whitehouse.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Actually most mass shooters are white men and of those white men, most are right wing. The frequency has been greater too so why isn't anyone calling for white men to be profiled?

I'm a white man, a moderate. If that's the case, if it guarantees more safety for my family and loved ones, I'd have no problem. I'm law abiding, everything's on the up and up. Bring it on, nothing will be found as for me.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I think Chicago disagrees with you. I mean, since a mass shooting is 'more than 4' I guess it is easier to not classify the black on black violence that is destroying black communities.

Profiling is wondering why a ginger kid is in the hood at 2 AM? Think he is tutoring someone in Math? No, he is getting his fix.

If a mosque is found to have any type of tie to terror or related to members who are it should be watched. You really mean to tell me the same is not already done for Christian religious groups?

Everyone is already monitored which is what scares me the most to be honest. Who and why it is allowed to happen is still not nailed down.

This happened in another case and most people have forgotten it....the US government has lied for years.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

No offense but if the FBI TWICE investigates a Muslim person for suspected terror and just let him slip through and THEN have him buy a gun, our system is broke. Why shouldn't we expend our limited resources going after people who fit the profile of a Radical Muslim Terrorist? Every single Muslim Terrorist goes through a pattern of them becoming radicalized, why wouldn't we profile anyone who follows that pattern? Don't want to be profiled, then don't fit the pattern of a Muslim Terrorist. Not every Muslim becomes/is a Radical, however every terrorist has become radicalized.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I think Chicago disagrees with you. I mean, since a mass shooting is 'more than 4' I guess it is easier to not classify the black on black violence that is destroying black communities.

Well we are talking about mass shootings which is not only more than 3 victims but happens outside of gang violence and organized crime. They have nothing to do with money, drugs, revenge etc. Gang violence is another horror but it's off topic.

Profiling is wondering why a ginger kid is in the hood at 2 AM? Think he is tutoring someone in Math? No, he is getting his fix.

Or maybe he lives there or has friends that live there. Unless a cop sees him doing something illegal, he should be left alone.

If a mosque is found to have any type of tie to terror or related to members who are it should be watched. You really mean to tell me the same is not already done for Christian religious groups?

Yep, fanatics are watched. We're talking about something different. Do you like Stop and Frisk?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Why not bubble wrap them then? I think it's very un-American to trade freedom for security. Let's create a new government task force under the DHS umbrella, government doesn't quite have enough authority yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

No offense but if the FBI TWICE investigates a Muslim person for suspected terror and just let him slip through and THEN have him buy a gun, our system is broke. Why shouldn't we expend our limited resources going after people who fit the profile of a Radical Muslim Terrorist? Every single Muslim Terrorist goes through a pattern of them becoming radicalized, why wouldn't we profile anyone who follows that pattern? Don't want to be profiled, then don't fit the pattern of a Muslim Terrorist. Not every Muslim becomes/is a Radical, however every terrorist has become radicalized.

Trust me, you're not offending me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Trump fans will support profiling Muslims, a big reason why Trump is doing so well is because he's allowing bigots to wear their bigotry as a badge of honor.

Says the gunphobes.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
FYI since when have Trump critics not liked profiling ?

They have been doing it for over eight years with their label 'assault weapon'.

That is based off of nothing more than it's looks.

Trump has about 8 decades to get to the level of BIGOTRY of his critics.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Wow what a crock .
Most mass shooters have ALL been registered democrats pal, not that it even really matters. To you I suppose if they were left wing shooters, then they must have had a good reason to shoot people?

I haven't seen you misrepresent the facts this bad before.
edit on 20-6-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

If you really believed that absolute SNIP.

You would be nicer to me, and others.

After all 'we just so krazee'.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Donald Trump said Sunday that in the wake of the mass shooting in Orlando, it's time for the United States to start looking at racial profiling as a preventative tactic.

Source

and his comments about racial profiling

Profiling muslims has nothing to do with and is not racial profiling. You might need to learn the difference, You people just are just a tad to desperate to use the word "racist" wherever you can and considering that that religion is the one violently opposing the west (ISIS anyone? )there are a ton of good reasons to start doing this. It simply means they are being kept a close eye on.

Now in Saudi arabia however things are much much worse, go play your bleeding heart trumpet over there why dont you, see how long you will live :

en.wikipedia.org...

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is an Islamic theocratic monarchy in which Sunni Islam is the official state religion based on firm Sharia law and non-Muslims are not allowed to hold Saudi citizenship.[1] Children born to Muslim fathers are by law deemed Muslim, and conversion from Islam to another religion is considered apostasy and punishable by death. Blasphemy against Sunni Islam is also punishable by death, but the more common penalty is a long prison sentence. There have been no confirmed reports of executions for either apostasy or blasphemy in recent years.[2]

A Saudi court sentenced a Palestinian man, Ashraf Fayadh to death for apostasy on November 17, 2015, for alleged blasphemous statements during a discussion group and in a book of his poetry.[3]

Religious freedom is virtually non-existent.[4] The Government does not provide legal recognition or protection for freedom of religion, and it is severely restricted in practice. As a matter of policy, the Government guarantees and protects the right to private worship for all, including non-Muslims who gather in homes for religious practice; however, this right is not always respected in practice and is not defined in law.

The Saudi Mutaween (Arabic: مطوعين‎‎), or Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (i.e., the religious police) enforces the prohibition on the public practice of non-Muslim religions. Sharia applies to all people inside Saudi Arabia, regardless of religion.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 20 Jun 2016 19:31:46 -05001620166America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I had long hair for quite awhile. I was stopped all the time and my car rolled since I looked like a metalhead that was smoking pot. I used to have friends on the Southside of St Pete and got pulled over all the time(at least a dozen) ....for being white. I was taking someone home from work.

I could care less. Nothing to hide. I even carried a weapon and had to empty it on the trunk more than once.

Why will the mosques NOT turn in their own? Because of the culture I would believe. I mean, if there are 6 mosques in town you are going to tell me know one knows where the those who follow strict Islamic law hang out? Of course they do and it is the mosque not visited by what I call PT Muslims. A PT Christian goes to church when Grandma stops by. PT Muslims put away the liquor when family visits.

To look the other way is wrong. I am not afraid of Muslims but I do not like the ideology. I can feel that way just like a Muslim can not like me because of his ideology. Issue is, in modern times, non-soldiers are not attacking Islam but they are attacking us within our borders. There is a problem and it needs to be solved.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
eventually we will have NO choice,disgusting as the whole idea sounds.
Better than CAMPS which some would have.
More attacks will happen and so will this.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: dreamingawake

While I agree with your sentiment, the map is very off however(as an example for what you're saying).

For example;

Interesting the map you show is incorrect for North Central Idaho in 2015, the shooter of three people was not white but adopted by white parents.

I know the print is small on that map, but I think you need to look closer because the map says nothing about the persons skin pigmentation.

I wasn't saying it had to do with skin nor did the map, but rather the member was using it as an example about white perps. Thought I had clarified it with:
"the map is very off however(as an example for what you're saying). " IE How they were using it as an example.
Ps. the map is still off however in other aspects.
edit on 20-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Profile everyone...if you have nothing to hide then what's the problem?

I really don't get the issue with profiling. As long as it doesn't go to the extreme of "because we are profiling you we WILL find something" then profile away!

I have a family, and if profiled would probably be pretty boring other than gun/knife collection. Outside of that I work more than I should and may even drink more than the norm. Who cares?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

"Well I think profiling]/b] is something that we're going to have to start thinking about as a country," the presumptive GOP nominee said in a phone interview with CBS' "Face the Nation. "Other countries do it, you look at Israel and you look at others, they do it and they do it successfully. And I hate the concept of profiling but we have to start using common sense and we have to use our heads."

He continually pokes the bear until the public can no longer tolerate him and his comments about racial profiling are sure to send any ethic supporter he has left over to camp Hillary who embraces the demographic. Question is, how can you make profiling only Muslims legal without subjecting the rest of America to the same?

Not sure of you did it deliberately, or if the media led you subconsciously to connect two VASTLY different things,

But PROFILING and "RACIAL profiling" are two VERY different things.

PROFILING is what every top-notch law enforcement and security agency in the world uses to develop a likely picture of a suspect, or potential aggressor/offender.

Oh and Islam is a religion, nor a race. I know Muslims of many different races.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Where the hell have you been?

I miss your threads.

We all profile to an extent, but the law will use it to their advantage. As I pointed out here, they can gather your identity from a stingray device in order to run your name, creating a database of addresses tied to outstanding warrants. Maps can be generated and areas targeted, increasing the chances of being illegally pulled over, searched and detained.

Excessive profiling will not be tolerated by a large portion of the population. There's nothing you or I can do about that. The seed has been sown and there is no trust between certain "factions." Come November, there will be violence in the streets.

Now go make threads!

edit on 21-6-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join