It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump says US should consider profiling Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Donald Trump said Sunday that in the wake of the mass shooting in Orlando, it's time for the United States to start looking at racial profiling as a preventative tactic.

Source

Grab some popcorn, it’s about to get interesting. On one hand, there is a problem that many are refusing to acknowledge. On the other, Trump may not be the best man for the job. He knows what he wants and isn't afraid to say it, but does the rest of America want the same? Just be prepared to get what you bargained for come November.

"Well I think profiling is something that we're going to have to start thinking about as a country," the presumptive GOP nominee said in a phone interview with CBS' "Face the Nation. "Other countries do it, you look at Israel and you look at others, they do it and they do it successfully. And I hate the concept of profiling but we have to start using common sense and we have to use our heads."

He’s already doubled down on his temporary ban on Muslims entering the US and I’m now beginning to wonder if there is a deeper mechanic at play. Depending on your perception, Obama and Hillary appear to be Muslim sympathizers. Trump, who claims to love everybody, does not hide his distaste for Islam.

He continually pokes the bear until the public can no longer tolerate him and his comments about racial profiling are sure to send any ethic supporter he has left over to camp Hillary who embraces the demographic. Question is, how can you make profiling only Muslims legal without subjecting the rest of America to the same?

Asked about GOP leaders' criticism of him in recent days, especially over his renewed focus on the Muslim ban, Trump said those Republicans should stop "talking so much" and just "do their job." The issue is compounded, he added, when the media focuses more on his detractors in the GOP than his supporters.

Trump is continuing to work with the NRA in developing a policy designed to prevent people on the no-fly list from being able to purchase a gun. The question more libertarian proponents have had are how exactly do Americans find themselves on this list and once on it, will there also be a process to remove your name. The potential of never being able to own a gun is real unless the policy can define otherwise.

"We understand there are problems with that because some people are on the terror watch list that shouldn't be on," he said. "So I'm working with the NRA, we're discussing it and again the NRA has the best interests of our country, it just has the absolute best interests of our country."

Trump sure knows how to stir the pot and part of me wishes he could make all his dreams come true without alienating the public. The chance of Trump tossing the election to Hillary is always in the back of my mind, but I’m starting to believe that the man is just that incendiary. We have a temporary ban, profiling and punishment for those who see something and don’t say something. What can go wrong?

edit on 19-6-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hitler profiled Jews, we all know how that ended up.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Trump is quickly becoming irrelevant.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Trump fans will support profiling Muslims, a big reason why Trump is doing so well is because he's allowing bigots to wear their bigotry as a badge of honor.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Well, the orange bully already said he wants all Muslims in a data base so I would assume profiling was already apart of his plan.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Did so well*

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Donald Trump said Sunday that in the wake of the mass shooting in Orlando, it's time for the United States to start looking at racial profiling as a preventative tactic.

Source

Grab some popcorn, it’s about to get interesting. On one hand, there is a problem that many are refusing to acknowledge. On the other, Trump may not be the best man for the job. He knows what he wants and isn't afraid to say it, but does the rest of America want the same? Just be prepared to get what you bargained for come November.

"Well I think profiling is something that we're going to have to start thinking about as a country," the presumptive GOP nominee said in a phone interview with CBS' "Face the Nation. "Other countries do it, you look at Israel and you look at others, they do it and they do it successfully. And I hate the concept of profiling but we have to start using common sense and we have to use our heads."

He’s already doubled down on his temporary ban on Muslims entering the US and I’m now beginning to wonder if there is a deeper mechanic at play. Depending on your perception, Obama and Hillary appear to be Muslim sympathizers. Trump, who claims to love everybody, does not hide his distaste for Islam which often times becomes convoluted with his supposed love for Muslims.

Asked about GOP leaders' criticism of him in recent days, especially over his renewed focus on the Muslim ban, Trump said those Republicans should stop "talking so much" and just "do their job." The issue is compounded, he added, when the media focuses more on his detractors in the GOP than his supporters.

Trump is continuing to work with the NRA in developing a policy designed to prevent people on the no-fly list from being able to purchase a gun. The question more libertarian proponents have had are how exactly do Americans find themselves on this list and once on it, will there also be a process to remove your name. The potential of never being able to own a gun is real unless the policy can define otherwise.

"We understand there are problems with that because some people are on the terror watch list that shouldn't be on," he said. "So I'm working with the NRA, we're discussing it and again the NRA has the best interests of our country, it just has the absolute best interests of our country."

Trump sure knows how to stir the pot and part of me wishes he could make all his dreams come true without alienating the public. The chance of Trump tossing the election to Hillary is always in the back of my mind, but I’m starting to believe that the man is just that incendiary. We have a temporary ban, profiling and punishment for those who see something and don’t say something. What can go wrong?

Let's see, Omar Mateen was on and off FBI watch lists 4 times , on and off no fly list , went to a gun shop to buy body armor and FFL owner called FBI.....naaahhhh we don't need to profile.......

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
ITT: Liberals want to look for Islamic terrorists anywhere except Islamic places of influence

You don't find a shark by looking in a tree

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: muse7

Did so well*

True...his favorability numbers are in a nosedive except among......bigots!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

First they put all Musims in a data base and I did nothing...
edit on 19-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Why would racial profiling be required for profiling Muslims? Islam is a religion. Only a racist would confuse the two.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Obama and hillary have been doing a good job in killing muslims, but that dosent fit ones agenda i guess.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Your post bothers me for a couple of reasons (not that you care).

Like Trump, it seems egotistically driven and lacks substance.

And all the lemmings follow in tow.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Kali74

Your post bothers me for a couple of reasons (not that you care).

Like Trump, it seems egotistically driven and lacks substance.

And all the lemmings follow in tow.

. Trump fan im guessing, enjoy is rise and fall, just like trump your thin skinned.
edit on 19-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So we have Trump's solution to profile Muslims.

And we have everyone else's solutions of denying due process and banning firearms.

Heh.

I'm open to hearing more solutions.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

How does me saying that Trump is quickly becoming irrelevant make me egotistical? If he's becoming irrelevant then so is anything he says.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

Source

He’s already doubled down on his temporary ban on Muslims entering the US and I’m now beginning to wonder if there is a deeper mechanic at play. Depending on your perception, Obama and Hillary appear to be Muslim sympathizers. Trump, who claims to love everybody, does not hide his distaste for Islam which often times becomes convoluted with his supposed love for Muslims.

Let's see, Omar Mateen was on and off FBI watch lists 4 times , on and off no fly list , went to a gun shop to buy body armor and FFL owner called FBI.....naaahhhh we don't need to profile.......

This is a big part of the problem. The people that should be on lists an can buy guns...are removed from lists and go ahead and buy guns.

There are Americans with no history of anything nefarious, and some have been children under 10 or just have a similar name to someone who should be on a list, and sometimes...just becaause they campaigned for Ron Paul...that try to get removed and it takes YEARS.

I think until the no fly list and the terrorist watch list is adequately maintaned, they should not be used for anything.

edit on 19-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DBCowboy

*throws 2nd flag on the field* Penalty, 10 yards, 2nd down.
edit on 19-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
hahahahahahaha

This is the response from the lefts attempt to ban guns and deny due process.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join