It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brendan Cox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Brendan Cox is recognised by Devex as a top young leader.

. . . in 2012 was selected as one of the top forty young leaders in international development by Devex.
www.weforum.org...

Devex is

. . . the media platform for the global development community.
about.devex.com...

Bill and Melinda Gates paid him to say this.

Moment

Many campaigns structure themselves around a moment-based objective. Of the campaigns studied, the best examples of this were Jubilee 2000, GCCA and Make Poverty History. The theory behind moment-based campaigns is that rather than there being a consistent opportunity for change, political breakthroughs come in peaks. In addition, it reflects a belief that campaigns are most effective at mobilising people around a specific moment of drama and possibility, rather than trying to keep a constituency going in perpetuity. Even those campaigns that were not focused around a moment, such as PWYP, TAC, SDC and ICBL, worked hard to establish such moments and made them core to their campaign planning.

There is no doubt that moment-based campaigns are successful for the focus they provide. In addition to creating a crunch moment, they respond to the shifting areas of interest of the media, public and politicians, and they are more likely than an ongoing campaign to get groups to work together. But there are also real drawbacks, the most obvious of which is losing momentum when the campaign winds down.
www.bond.org.uk...

This publication is based on research either wholly or partially funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

He hasn't stopped tweeting since his wife died. The remorse is not strong in this one.

He behaved very irresponsibly the day before his wife died. Steering his family through a legitimate workers protest on the Thames in a small inflatable. It looked as if he would have welcomed the opportunity to lose his children under the bows of a protest boat. The most incriminating evidence has been removed from YouTube.

Even those campaigns that were not focused around a moment . . . worked hard to establish such moments . . . There is no doubt that moment-based campaigns are successful . . . creating a
crunch moment . . . more likely . . . to get groups to work together.

I call foul.

edit on 19 6 2016 by Kester because: quote correction

edit on 19 6 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Mmm, interesting.

I never understood why an international development worker would want to stay in the E.U? Then I found this.

europa.eu...

Then I searched for the amount of money spent by the E.U on International Development and I found this.

www.europarl.europa.eu...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I have to say when I heard about Jo's extraordinary energy I immediately thought co caine. A lot of that crowd are heavy users of the finest stuff. Nothing is ever enough for them.

The role of international aid worker is highly valued among a section of shrewd university-educated females.
It offers a particularly attractive combination of a good salary in an expanding sector, frequent foreign travel and high status among the do-gooding circles.

Tribute after tribute bore witness to Jo Cox’s uniqueness. But in reality, nothing could have been further from the truth. In fact, women like Jo Cox are ten a penny across the West these days — bland, compliant functionaries who have been marinated in political correctness and are happy to regurgitate the platitudes and attitudes of their political masters. And are well-rewarded for doing so. Elizabeth Warren (AKA Pocahontas) in the US comes to mind.

She was that toxic combination of self-rightousness and entitlement which believed itself possessed of a special moral insight into the moral shortcomings of their own people. Never slow to parade her compassion, she was also calculating enough to help more dubious causes, as when she lent her name to a government minister who was lobbying for Britain to begin bombing in Syria. Bombing and babies; it was all business for Jo Cox.

Hers was the typical smooth career path of the modern political cog. From her grammar school, where she was the Head Girl, she seamlessly moved onto an extended period at two universities before emerging as professional aid worker for Oxfam and Save the Children. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation was another fashionable international development outfit in which she managed to wangle a position as “advisor.”

She certainly travelled extensively, but to what extent did she get her hands dirty? Rather than mopping sweat-covered brows, her role as a policy consultant seemed to revolve swanning around seminars, conferences and committee rooms in Brussels and London. Networking, rather than counselling, seems the main skill in this field.

The safe Labour seat seems to have been a reward for acting as a bag-carrier for prominent political wives such as that of former Prime Minister Gordon Brown and a former Labour leader and Euro aristocrat Neil Kinnock. Her constituency seat had been represented by local White men for decades so an all-female shortlist had to be imposed on the local party to ensure an acceptable candidate could be given this plum.

It was a gilded lifestyle with a houseboat on the Thames beside Tower Bridge at which she hosted networking events for important left-wing women. There was a second house in her constituency which was a venue for a huge Solstice party each year.

The role of international aid worker is highly valued among a section of shrewd university-educated females. It offers a particularly attractive combination of a good salary in an expanding sector, frequent foreign travel and high status among the do-gooding circles.

www.theoccidentalobserver.net...

I'm convinced frequent flying is addictive. They do whatever it takes to keep it up.
edit on 19 6 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You have got to stop this agenda you are driving against this man he is a private individual whose wife has died as such this thread should be closed

Just have some respect he is grieving for his wife.

There is zero evidence that he played any part in his wife's death.
edit on 19-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You have got to stop this agenda you are driving against this man he is a private individual whose wife has died as such this thread should be closed

If he is sharing every ten minutes on Twitter, how private is he?

Edit- Also, who claims he had any part n his wife's death? It just appears he is making the most of the situation. I'm sure he will be the next candidate.

edit on 19/6/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I mean private as in he is not a public figure the way his wife was.

If he grieves by working and posting on Twitter then that is up to him it in no way suggests or proves he had anything to do with his wife's death.

This is from the same member who has also accused mr cox of sexual assault with zero evidence

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If he grieves by working and posting on Twitter then that is up to him it in no way suggests or proves he had anything to do with his wife's death.

This is from the same member who has also accused mr cox of sexual assault with zero evidence

Okay seriously you cannot compp about privacy if you are sharing every 10 minutes on Twitter. You are asking/begging to be discussed,

Personally, if it was me (thankfully it isn't) then I would want to be alone with my children and prepare them to spend the rest of their days without their Mum.
edit on 19/6/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Okay seriously you cannot Colman about privacy if you are sharing every 10 minutes on Twitter. You are asking/begging to be discussed,

Personally, if it was me (thankfully it isn't) then I would want to be alone with my children and prepare them to spend the rest of their days without their Mum.

And so would I.

But I know from personal experience that everyone deals with grieve differently.

Ask yourself this if you were grieving how would you feel if you found some random using the death of your wife as a excuse to post slanderous crap about you online for everyone to see annonomasy?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just wanted to add I checked his Twitter there are only about 8 or so tweets since his wife's death so it's not as if he is tweeting every hour

top topics

join