It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“The Flying Saucer Conspiracy” and the Black Knight Satellite: Cold War Spy-Fi?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Like the supposed communications from the moon concerning aliens during Apollo, it starts off with a fiction, gets repeated often enough and begins to take on the guise of fact.

I think that story, too, started with a genuine 'comment' during the moon walk that was imaginatively misinterpreted, see www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Two things come to mind.

1) A lot of these folks like Keyhoe can't possibly be held to any sort of accountability for "blame".

Not like Doty, for instance.

No, that's what we do: we are story-making machines. It is the mandate of our biology. I don't blame Keyhoe. He was doin' his damned job.

2) Doesn't this thread belong in the (ineptly) renamed forum Dissecting Disinformation? It's an awesome breakdown and I think that forum is a step up from A&U.

I mean, I don't know what the OP thinks and I would defer to them, but that's what I think.

edit on 20-6-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Yes, this probably belongs in the "Dissecting Disinformation" Forum, but this Forum will attract the target audience.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Thank you for posting.

I hope we never give up searching for our extraterrestrial origins, but don’t think someone will give you evidence, it’s too early for that.

From evawaseerst www.evawaseerst.be...

The Black Night is a so called satellite that follows a polar orbit. His existence is being disputed for a long time by the authorities (and others).

However, we think the Black Night can be one of more satellites that are remnants from our creators and that just like so many structures on Earth, the moon and maybe on Mars could contain secret knowledge.

The satellite ends like all discussions about our possible alien creators, in a yes/no game. Consequence is that words like pseudoscience and conspiracy theory resurface quickly. And everybody who discusses our alien origins knows what using this words means to the credibility of the item.

The Black Night on Wikipedia (to get the link: go to the site).
The Black Night on Youtube.

We won’t go deep into the subject because there are so many other indications, that we must keep our eye on the big picture.

Just some reservations:

- first of all the name of the satellite: as if he was doomed to end in a commercial spot of the Pepsi company. So he could be made ridiculous. Just don’t let mislead you.
- why authorities who have all the means to prove the nature of the black knight are not giving us a credible explanation?
- some claim that Tesla was the first who discovered the satellite. And although Tesla believed in extra terrestrial intelligent beings, the discovery of the satellite by him cannot be proven.
- in the 50’s several sources mention the satellite (see link to the first page of the site below).
- the satellite would orbit first one of the poles and by its return it would orbit the other pole. Strange because in the 50’s no human satellite seemed to be able doing that. (Today they can do it anyway.)
- it must been said authorities were once proud to announce that the black knight was a piece of the Discoverer rocket. (Something that simply not could have been the case – see also the link that follows.)

We won’t keep on arguing because we can’t prove anything. Of course not. Because again you must see the big picture to see that all the indications about our extra terrestrial origins are covered up. And please don’t tell us that this is not possible. Because it is possible.

For those who want to know more we give you a link to one of the best conspiracy websites in the world .

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
We won’t keep on arguing because we can’t prove anything.

You can't prove anything maybe because that attitude confirms the folksy wisdom of Will Rogers:

"It ain't what you don't know what makes you look foolish, it's what you DO know what ain't so."

This applies to ALL of us.

But if we are dedicated to building a fact-based foundation for wonderful speculation, THIS IS THE PLACE TO FIND HELP.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

I don't think you understand what's meant by "polar orbit".

Another bit of trivia is that just before Kehoe's book came out in 1955, another book hit the stores that year. Aimed at late teens, it is a near perfect predecessor of the "black knight" tale.

I think Kehoe used some phrasing and description from that, and kiddies read it the same year that they read Kehoe's book, and it sort of melded together in their memories as the years went by.

The result being that "Secret of the Marauder Satellite" ended up being recalled as a topic in Kehoe's 'nonfiction' book. And a legend was born.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It's almost like Mandela Effect, as I understand it...?

(ducks for cover)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

It even had covered up dead Russian astronauts in, mysteriously killed by the Marauder Satellite. The Rooskies thought it was just technical failure.

And thus another tale began.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

It even had covered up dead Russian astronauts in, mysteriously killed by the Marauder Satellite. The Rooskies thought it was just technical failure.

I don't remember that one but I went around all summer of '56 with this in my dungarees hip pocket...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

edit on 22-6-2016 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Bedlam

I don't remember that one but I went around all summer of '56 with this in my dungarees hip pocket...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

I think Keyhoe got some of it from SOTMS, if not, they share an amazing similarity.

Plus, you got dying Russians in secret manned orbital shots calling back in reporting their power is all gone, they are freezing, no air, this is the end comrade...arrgh.

Much like the rumors of THAT.

Oberg, ya oughta get a copy of it, you can come by one for less than $5 hardback plus shipping. You have:

- A simulated Heinlein Juvenile
- Dead Rooskie Legend Source
- a black satellite that has reactionless thrusters
- that can change orbits so you never see it in the same place twice
- amorphous shape
- is occasionally in a polar orbit
- has stealth
- follows manned spacecraft, occasionally causing them to fail by sucking the power out of them, but often just follows them
- was left by the "ancients" to "keep us in our place"

I don't recall it having Tesla in but it might.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam I know good advice when I see it, Amazon here I come.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I think it's even got the trope where the brave teen does a mental calculation, does one long suit OMS burn, and just. barely. makes it. to the station based on eyeballing the moving pinpoint of light that is the station after the marauder sucks the life from his shuttle.

I'll say it's been 25 years since I read it, so I may be misremembering, but I THINK that's in there too.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join