It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO words global trends on Google search

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I noticed a few days back, playing with Google Trend, that a search for some classic words that rely on the UFO subject tend to return the same results, i-e a global decreasing trend over the years, whatever the word is and whatever the language is :

UFO :

OVNI :

This is however less true for Alien and Flying Saucer, which seems to keep a relatively constant trend :

Flying Saucer :

Alien :

I'm not sure how to interpret these trends, if there's any interpretation to search for...

What are your take on this? Do you think that Google trend is reliable on this matter and if so what can be deduced from this?
edit on 19-6-2016 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

Check the trend for "Trump" or "Clinton" instead.

Therein lies your answer.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The first round of victims from the "no child left behind" generation all are becoming adults

mg

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I bet the downward trend is because people are becoming bored with it.

Theres too much internet. People are infatuated with it all, for a while. Like any fad they will gradually lose interest.

"Its just a ride." --Bill Hicks

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

It would be interesting to see what particular case relates to the peaks.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I bet the downward trend is because people are becoming bored with it.

Theres too much internet. People are infatuated with it all, for a while. Like any fad they will gradually lose interest.

"Its just a ride." --Bill Hicks

I agree with this, but also, people interested in topics have developed and found websites they return to regularly for the bulk of their reading on those topics. ATS, for example, on the UFO topic. In other words, we already know where to go.

Reminds me of how I started out researching "Men in Black" 5 years before the movie, probably on a 1200 baud modem. One painfully slow page load at a time, often a dud. Came across a lot of cool information. A few years later, it was all buried under Men in Black the movie. I was (still am) convinced this was evidence for the reality of our mysterious black-suited friends (whatever they may be.) The movie was made to bury the gathering steam of evidence of their existence, etc. Pretty sure this was even before the Googles. Internet research used to be fun, challenging, and slo.....[connection lost]

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Good find S&F

This is how I interpret this :

1 Google is actively phasing out alternative subjects.
2 burring them in the search results and lowering them in autocompletion e.s.
3 placing ridiculous dis and mis info higher to discredit subjects.

Reason behind this is to discredit non mainstream views.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

A few years later, it was all buried under Men in Black the movie.

Ah good old internet... Yes I think it's done on purpose
Today I tried to find Tesla. isn't that a car / a computer chip or perhaps a geek. beh google.. sometimes it doesnt even give wikipedia facts on the first page just a bunch of stealth advertizing.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Came across a lot of cool information. A few years later, it was all buried under Men in Black the movie.

Now that I get. Burying a needle under a stack of needles.

Anymore, describes the internet perfectly. That stuff is planned that way.

When we try do a search on 911 the millions of hits makes it harder for people to find relevant information. Like you said more people use the internet and places like ATS to get current information about world events, before it all gets buried.

Part of the problem is wiping the past, too. Miss the ability to save material online in places like Mega Upload. They are constantly rewriting history to reflect the victors POV.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I've thought about this way too much. The only conclusions I've been able to come to is that:
1) the MSM is intentionally not covering this topic; according to the UFO Reporting Center, there's still a boat load of sightings every month; see:
www.nuforc.org...
Thing is, the public is programmed to believe that if the MSM isn't covering the story, it doesn't exist.
2) The invention and existence of advanced CGI has made it the case that any videos and photos are dismissed as forgeries.
3) For whatever reason and by what means its true, I don't know, but the fact is that in this day in time, no one believes eyewitness accounts, even if they're corroborated by multiple witnesses.
Finally, 4), and not to be judgemental, just an observation, but the Millennials are in some ways the least imaginative people I've ever met. I don't think they were born that way, I think they've been conditioned to this mental attitude. Its as if, if its not on Facebook and its not about something they're intensely interested in, they don't look, they don't question. This may also have to do with their educational backgrounds. They aren't taught how to think, they're taught what to think and after a while.........they don't think at all, but worse, they don't question.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
edit on 19-6-2016 by TonyS because: Grammer

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"Part of the problem is wiping the past, too. Miss the ability to save material online in places like Mega Upload. They are constantly rewriting history to reflect the victors POV. "

That's a fascinating observation and I've sensed the very same thing. I don't know what it means, but I think it contributes to a weird phenomenon where it seems younger people seem to be almost like out of context. They don't have any contextual reference points to anchor them in the reality they live in, and to the observer, its as if they themselves are out of context. My co-workers and I started noticing this around about 2010 as they brought new people on board we were supposed to train. The question on everyone's lips was "where did these people come from?"

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Finally, 4), and not to be judgemental, just an observation, but the Millennials are in some ways the least imaginative people I've ever met. I don't think they were born that way, I think they've been conditioned to this mental attitude. Its as if, if its not on Facebook and its not about something they're intensely interested in, they don't look, they don't question. This may also have to do with their educational backgrounds. They aren't taught how to think, they're taught what to think and after a while.........they don't think at all, but worse, they don't question.

Sadly I find this to be accurate. They are not discerning or critical, must be the exposure to the sedating hypnotic effect of the monitor or TV.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

They are not discerning or critical, must be the exposure to the sedating hypnotic effect of the monitor or TV.

Or their phones.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Check the trend for "Trump" or "Clinton" instead.

Therein lies your answer.

Not really...but do type in "XXX" and you will see the volumous increase in that search term over the years

Interestingly enough type in "WEATHER" as it relates to global warming...and the same graph represents the warming effect as well..very interesting!

edit on 19-6-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

My co-workers and I started noticing this around about 2010 as they brought new people on board we were supposed to train. The question on everyone's lips was "where did these people come from?"

That happened where I worked, too. We were training our replacements. They laid us off and kept the trainees, then closed the division, packed it up and moved it overseas…

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
people decided to get jobs after they handed all they had to scam artists who promised them disclosure for the past 20 years.

hahahaha. i want to see the faces of those who donated/contributed to the usual suspects, Grier and his goons etc..

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Hmmm, I'm not sure the blame really lies with them; I think the blame lies in the creation of too many distractions. They can't concentrate because they're being constantly distracted by their iPhones.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Good point.

How many UFO movies/ Tv shows have come out lately?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nothing in the last 3 years?

Wouldn't that be an interesting study?

The influence of movies and television on culture through google search trends.

edit on 6/19/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join