It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels train station evacuated after 'suspect package' discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

La gare centrale de Bruxelles et le Carrefour de l'Europe, situé juste en face, ont été évacués pour des raisons de sécurité dimanche vers 12h00, a constaté l'agence Belga sur place.

Gare Centrale évacuée à Bruxelles : circulation des trains interrompue sur la liaison Nord-Midi

Just in: at 12 o clock local time the mainstation of Brussels, Belgium got evacuated.
Trains stopped. Police found 2 suspicious suitcases.

The central train station was evacuated for security reasons after a suspect package was found at the station, according to a Belgian news agency.

Police at the scene said two suspicious suitcases were recovered.

A bomb squad rushed to the scene after the alarm was raised.

www.express.co.uk...
edit on Sun Jun 19 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: added English title and source to OP to keep it in BAN

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Sorry for the french title...just applied to the rules of the breaking news forums.

Here we go with a english version

BREAKING NEWS: Brussels train station evacuated after 'suspect package' discovered

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84
If the goal of the terrorists is to scare all of us, they´ve won.

Because, if a left suitcase is the cause for shutting down everything, everytime someone forgets his suitcase or bag somewhere in a train station or an airport...

Not to forget that no bombs, no "terror stuff" was in that suitcasesin brussels today, and the train station is released to the public again.

The only question here is, who in reality is trying to scare the hell out of us?
Is it really the "IS, the "muslim" terrorists, or ist big brother? Who only has a reason to be, to save us all from terrorism, if there is terrorism, or at least if the people think there is terror everywhere and the whole time, 24/7.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

yes the terrorist are winning in scaring the public.

Problem is that the governments profit from scared people.
So, if the gov does nothing to stop terrorists they, the gov win.
If the gov does something to stop terrorists like raids and arrests, they are the heroes in the public eye, the gov wins.
If the gov secretly supports and funds the terrorist and the terrorists carry out attacks, people get scared and ask for a strong government. the gov wins.

Loose loose situation for the citizens.

They are left with votes. If people vote right wing society cries "Nazi". If people vote left wing there will be an even bigger influx of migrants and potential terrorists.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: DerBeobachter

yes the terrorist are winning in scaring the public.

Problem is that the governments profit from scared people.
So, if the gov does nothing to stop terrorists they, the gov win.
If the gov does something to stop terrorists like raids and arrests, they are the heroes in the public eye, the gov wins.
If the gov secretly supports and funds the terrorist and the terrorists carry out attacks, people get scared and ask for a strong government. the gov wins.

Loose loose situation for the citizens.

They are left with votes. If people vote right wing society cries "Nazi". If people vote left wing there will be an even bigger influx of migrants and potential terrorists.

I get that this was a false alarm. I also get that in general terms it can be argued that governments don't always do the best thing for all of the people, all of the time.

What I don't get, at all, is why you would literally want your government to fail, under all circumstances, as this post seems to suggest. I mean it seems that a government win is automatically a citizens lose. Is that always the case?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I don't want the government to fail.

I wanted to note that the government, whatever thy do will win. a win in their views, a win in staying in power and even getting more power through declaration of martial law (Fance) the patriot act (USA) and so on.

I want the governments to do their job and start protecting citizens instead of funding terrorists (like the US in Syria and elsewhere). And start to do something about the mass influx of terrorists.

I want to life in a Europe where i can go everywhere without fearing being shot at or bombed by radical extremists. and i want to be able to go out to Concerts, festivals, public screenings, record shops and so on without being harassed and robbed.

The governments of Europe completely fail to provide these safeties to the European citizens.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

I too want to live in a safe Europe. And I agree that our governments should not be funding armed insurrections in other countries, absolutely. In fact what I would really request from our governments is a general improvement in morality and good practices across the board.

I think it was this above all that made me ask the question I asked.

However, I also do believe that the governments in general are trying their best to protect the public, but unfortunately we are in the situation of needing such stringent security precisely because of the immorality of the foreign policies we have been following/promoting.

top topics

join