It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anna Lindh and Jo Cox MP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Over the last few days this has been bugging me, I would like to point out yes its sad these two politicians died but the similarities between jo's death and Annas death are shockingly similar, leading up to a national vote involving the EU and the similar way the media used these deaths for the remain/say yes to the euro side,

Ylva Anna Maria Lindh (19 June 1957 – 11 September 2003), was a Swedish Social Democratic politician, chairman of the Social Democratic Youth League from 1984 to 1990 and a member of parliament from 1982 to 1985 and 1998 to 2003. Joining the government as minister of environment in 1994, she was elevated to minister for foreign affairs by prime minister Göran Persson in 1998 and considered his successor as party chairman and prime minister (neither of which posts had ever been held by a woman) before her assassination in September 2003. Lindh was married to Bo Holmberg, governor of Södermanland (her home constituency for over 20 years), with whom she had two sons.

On 11th September 2003 Anna was stabbed in public while shopping, this was days away from Sweden choosing to adopted the euro in a public referendum, she was the face of the yes campaign, stating facts that there would be job losses.

''Anna Lindh's smiling photograph was pasted on bus stops and telephone booths in every city and town in Sweden. While the Swedish Prime Minister Goran Persson failed to catch the public imagination, Anna Lindh seized the initiative with warnings that foreign investment would dry up and tens of thousands of jobs would be lost if the Swedes delivered a "No" vote.''

''Nicknamed the "Queen of the 'Yes' campaign", Anna Lindh was seen as the single currency's most persuasive advocate - someone who, with her undoubted charisma, might just have persuaded enough women voters to defy the opinion polls and deliver victory for the government in the referendum scheduled for next Sunday.''

When Lindh died on Thursday, Sept. 11, after more than 6 hours of surgery, Sweden’s prime minister called off campaigning for the Sunday referendum on the Euro. With the “no” vote strongly ahead of the “yes” vote there was some speculation and wishful thinking that Lindh’s murder would boost the “yes” side.

she was also a campaigner for palestine and environmental issues muched loved by the people. mijailo mijailović her murderer had past links to neo nazi as a teenager, and was all so mentally unstable.

link
link
link

Now jo cox was a campaigner for syrian refugees, she was open about wanting to remain within the EU and she was much loved by her people. Her death is just days away from the vote, the remainders have started a petition to call of the vote, her murderer is mentally unwell and had an interest in nazi items and books.

what more will our government do to secure a remain vote? they already extended the ability to register to vote for 48 hours, most who registered last second were young and more likely to vote to remain.

link
link
link

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Much as I am keen for us to unshackle ourselves from the unaccountable and criminally corrupt EU, I suspect the fix has been in from the start. Leaving would possibly cause a domino effect across Europe as dissatisfaction with the dictatorial and corrupt EU is gaining momentum across the continent each and every week. That cannot be allowed to happen - the bankers demand it and thus it will be so.

I had seen reports that some were calling for the referendum to be postponed but didn't think that would get much traction at all. Interestingly though, I saw a report this morning on Bloomberg, that the Remain campaign, in a latest poll, are 3 percentage points ahead of the Leave camp. Every other poll I have seen published over the last couple of weeks has put the Leave side 5 - 10 percentage points ahead and gaining momentum with each successive poll, so what gives? Either it's a skewed poll or they are now trying to show that the Leave camp are going to lose and dishearten people into not voting?

As I said, I think we need to go, but the ramifications across the EU, not to mention the loss of control by the US and the banking criminals would be so great that we would not be allowed to leave. Having spent years seeing rigged elections and questionable / criminal practices in play, I don't put much stock in the idea of democracy when it potentially threatens the status quo and any loss of power for the establishment crooks that like to control and rob us.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

with you all the way, thinking that the decision has already been made for us and the referendum is nothing more the a public placebo to keep us in line, giving us the choice to leave the EU is to good to be true.
yes maybe if people think their vote out don't count they will less likely to vote or even show up, just the same as the last election
edit on 19 6 2016 by VsocksV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Good work Socks.
I gotta throw my hat in with Brit guy here.
It was always gonna be a fix for the rich, those who don't actually want stupid proles to be able to derail their grand plans and so forth.

We can hope though, and keep fighting.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Thanks, I think thats the problem with us brits we just take it on the chin and move on, there won't be riots, there will just a bunch of annoyed people in the pub talking about it!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: VsocksV

Thanks, I think thats the problem with us brits we just take it on the chin and move on, there won't be riots, there will just a bunch of annoyed people in the pub talking about it!

You'd think that, but the vibe I'm getting off folks is "not this time" I wouldn't be at all surprised if this kicks off big time over the next year.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

we can only hope, because something needs to chance, even if we end up staying in the EU I really hope the remain side stick to trying to reform the EU like they are promising, but the last time David went to reform he came back with the jokers and not double aces he promised, if reform doesn't happen then ukip will be the next party in no 10

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: VsocksV

Don't hold your breath waiting for reform. If we get anything it'll be so inconsequential as to not make an iota of difference to us.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Thing is that in the UK our MPs are actually visible in the communities. My MP holds regular (weekly) surgeries where the public can talk to him. He even visits my small, rural village.

With such exposure, there is always a chance some unhinged moron will "have a go". There's no conspiracy, or plan.

What we don't want is for MPs to be invisible, or chaperoned by security.

Sad as the murder of Cox was, this type of thing is extremely rare, as are acts of violence against other public figures and celebrities.

Just like to say that contrary to some people's perception on ATS, many MPs work damned hard for their communities. Cox was not an exception.

Remember this one?
edit on 19/6/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Good points.
I think the disconnect comes from such things as people not seeing a payrise for years, then MPs getting 11%, seeing their pensions destroyed while reading about how MPs are exempt.

Those sorts of things, then, when you listen, see or read the plain lies so many spout on behalf of their chosen position, it's easy to think "go to hell".

I've never heard of one person who has turned to their MP for help saying they let them down.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I understand im not saying she did not work hard and they should go in to hiding, I am saying it's just the similarities between the two attacks are strange, especially when such an important vote just days away

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm certain Jo's shocking murder may persuade some of the 'Don't knows' to vote remain as a mark of solidarity.

Also the two murders are very similar at such a crucial time relating to the E.U.

I don't think Jo's murder should be politicised in any way, but alas some will see this as an opportunity not to be wasted.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: VsocksV

The thing is, however the vote turns out, we need to accept it and move on.

One thing I will say is, we will never get this opportunity again in our lifetimes, so we need to get out and vote, no matter how you intend to vote.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VsocksV

Criminals repeat proven methods.

top topics

join