It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to Reschedule Cannabis to Schedule 2 on August 1st

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

This is great news as FDA law prohibits any studies being done on schedule 1 drugs. America has been stuck in a catch 22 for a long time concerning FDA approved studies concerning marijuana.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thank God the people have been pushing for this! But why now?

Because corporations/government have finally hashed out some ground rules on how to profit from it:
Microsoft Gets into the Weed Business

Whatevs. Still a step in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: lightedhype

lightedhype:
Then again, does that not mean Insurance will have to cover it now?

windword:
Probably not, lol. But, it will go into studies and clinical trials! That's good news!

My insurance won't even cover a chiropractor (I'm 9 months pregnant and been paying $50 per week out of pocket for MONTHS already because my pelvis keeps popping out of place). But they'll pay for opioids all day long.

edit on 20-6-2016 by ladyvalkyrie because: formatting quote

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
DEA to Reschedule Cannabis to Schedule 2 on August 1st

We're almost there people.

en.wikipedia.org...

Soma is only a puff away.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Lots of lobbies holding it back... schedule 2 makes no sense except to keep legal and illegal RICO on it in various states for whatever reason... oh yeah the racket in that RICO nevermind.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I always tell people to be careful what you ask for....

Legalize it, and tax it... states could require an annual license in order to carry it/grow it.

Medical marijuana is a whole different animal....Monsanto is trying to develop a strain that can be screened by police to verify it is medical.

Right now where I live, it is a misdemeanor and illegal.

Make it medical and you are looking at a charge of having a prescription drug without a prescription.

edit on R142016-06-20T20:14:25-05:00k146Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R142016-06-20T20:14:44-05:00k146Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Part of that racket I mentioned...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Pdavis

Na, man. States are protected by the Tenth Amendment. They can pretty much do as they wish unless their action is victimizing one or more different classes of individuals. The Feds tripped when states started doing the MMJ thing and how did that end? See what I mean?
This is a long overdue outcome.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yes, go to a Dispensary and find a strain that is a heavy indica. Sounds like you freak on sativas which happens. You aren't alone. Also, take one hit. Just one. In about 15 minutes it will take effect and it should be a chill experience. From your description, you're too baked for your experience level. I don't know how old you are but I'm 43 and the weed we had when I was 18 wasn't the diggity dazzle they have now. Around 10% thc back then. Dank is any where from 18-26% now. It's a totally new and potent animal but you'll find your way.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Everyone in California knows that since it is "medical use only" it is basically "100% legal" because pretty much anyone get a prescription for it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Sometimes smoking can amplify side effects from other medications and also other medications can change the feeling or buzz you get.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I feel that this may be a set up. There is evidence that cannabis can cause psychosis in some people, this evidence might be able to be used to judge fitness to own a gun. I think that it is only around fifteen percent of people that it can effect, but you do know our government will twist things like that out of proportion.

Very True.

I have to wonder, you may be right. This might be a great big set up against American gun owner. Further down the road there will be a False Flag event, by some alleged marijuana user. The next new laws against gun ownership will be, if you have a prescription for the use of marijuana, you will not be allowed to own or purchase any guns period.

I imagine there are millions of Americans that smoke pot or use medical marijuana.

This will be more chipping away at the second amendment until they figure out how to remove all guns period.

The fact is they can pass all the anti-gun laws they want, BUT the government will have to go door to door and remove them.

And I do not see that working out to well.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
so read this at work couldnt post my thought till now and this change is great now real research can be performed yet from the article they stated about others states will now have to bend well i disagree if utah(where i am) doesnt want in this well no matter how big a fan i am of this change(huge fan)I dont support the fact that yet more federal regulation on the states if utah has to bend then why didnt colorado bend when the feds said hey u cant sell that recreationally if it is good for goose good for gander i suppose so no matter how much i support this change wont support the desicion to force upon states without state approval which comes from voters so in Utah if u read this please let our politicians know as a STATE we want this and if the voters say no well that is their right

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Will this open up the list of "diseases/disabilities" that can be treated with Cannabis?

There are so many things that can be treated, but only a handful are allowed.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Good god man. Something we agree on. Good to know!!!

LOLOL

I don't know why that struck me so funny. We must disagree a lot. Much more than I'm aware of anyway.

But ya see that's just one more reason to smoke right there. Because it brings people together who may not otherwise.

It's like a secret society but without being secret and everyone is invited to join. Puff Puff Pass My Bud Brother!!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

i dont understand your post but soma is awesome.
just saying

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join