It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to Reschedule Cannabis to Schedule 2 on August 1st

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
That and I decided to give it a go one more time and it still freaks me out.

That can't be so. All the naysayers claim it will cause even the most upstanding model citizen to become a slovenly debased maniac and be the downfall of society.

I fear the devils lettuce has causes you become a extreme liar !!!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Just reading comments here and elsewhere my worst fears are confirmed.

All the stoners and users (for whatever purpose) are expressing happiness over this which means everyone is ready to roll over and accept this as done.

Reclassifying to schedule II is the absolute worst outcome for us.

I use for pain relief (lots of back surgeries) AND recreation. What schedule II will mean is the DEA is about to hand over a billions a year industry to big pharma, kill all local, private dispenseries, preempt all states where recreational is legal thereby taking away these states massive source of income, shut down all recreational use, put enforcement of illegal possession back on the radar for local law enforcement since it will STILL be illegal to own or grow and turn pot into a boxed, regulated, cookie cutter drug prescription you have to go to CVS or Walgreens for.

This is terrible.

The DEA still has roughly two weeks till their own deadline of announcing before the second half of 2016 so I'm praying that this one anonymous DEA agent was sent out as a test balloon to see what public reaction is. From what I'm seeing they probably like the reaction and will go with it.

Meanwhile alcohol and tobacco are unregulated and deadly.

Compared to cigarettes and booze only complete declassification is acceptable, because once this happens all the steam will come out of the decriminilization movement and we'll be stuck with this for decades more. Or forever.
edit on 19-6-2016 by Pdavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There is one reason Cannabis isn't at the same level of legality as alcohol, and one reason only: How do big corporations profit off a plant that people can grow in their own yards fairly easily?
Answer: They can't, so the Government bans it.

Well, I lied, there are a few other reasons, but that's the big one.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It's a step in the right direction, a baby step, but a step none the less.

Now if they would just open the list of problems allowed to be treated by it up, at least where I live...
Here in IA it's still pretty difficult to get it even for the major diseases and such that it's allowed to be prescribed for.

Schedule 2 pfft, I have never in my life known anyone that has ever had a dependence on marijuana, ever.
And I know a LOT of "consumers" .

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You might try a different strain.

These folks at most retail shops will be able to advise.

Not all plants produce the same type of high.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: darkbake

Hemp fabric industry will explode.

-Hemp oil.
-Hemp methanol.
-Hemp biodiesel.
-Hemp fabrics.
-Hemp paper.
-Hemp derived plastics.
-Hemp as a depollutant(it's an effective plant to leech pollutants out of soil)

www.leafscience.com...

We can trade it internationally and increase the GDP.

Just keep your hemp pollen away from my marijuana plants and we'll all be happy.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
now they can release all the people doing life in prison now for growing a plant

a plant that naturally grows out of the ground with no human aid on its own

but if a human plants the plant they have to go sit in a cell for years.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

DEA to Reschedule Cannabis to Schedule 2 on August 1st

Should be scheduled in the cooler by the beer and wine after all the side effects are roughly the same.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
awesome.
a few weeks ago i woke up to read that the gov of my state(ohio) just signed medical mj into law. goes into effect in sept i think.
so far just edibles, tinctures, concentrates, etc. no flowers.
super awesome.
cant wait.
this is fab news too.

i think we are living inside a movement

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yay, it may no longer be scheduled as having no medical uses. Now they want to schedule it the same as heroin!

Boo, it's still illegal and scheduled.
edit on 19-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Seriously. Need more rec states asap. Too many damn people coming here for no other reason lol. We dont have the infrastructure yet!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Weed these days is simply super strong. I advise simply only loading a single puff in a bowl at a time and never doing more than that at once lol. I used to do it all the time. Had a huge tolerance. Nowdays i feel the same as you on more than a few hits.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I hope this is true. But if it is, one downside is medical prices are about to explode.

Goodbye 12$ eighths.

Then again, does that not mean Insurance will have to cover it now? I am not sure i believe this yet..

This will actually be terrible for anybody not living in a recreational state.
edit on 19-6-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Then again, does that not mean Insurance will have to cover it now?

Probably not, lol. But, it will go into studies and clinical trials! That's good news!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Try using a vaporizer it's a different high, not as intense and less paranoia. Also try getting weed that has a good amount of cbd in it, that helps to balance the thc and not make you as paranoid as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm curious if this opens the doors for medical dispensary's to have access to banks, in the same way as any other business does?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Shouldn't be surprised,

They've been saying for a long time now, marijuana would eventually be legalized. A slight caveat, gun confiscations.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Id say you need to smoke the trim off the buds for awhile before going mad dog on the buds.......usually sativa will inuce paranoia and speed up the heart a little in some people,indica is the opposite,but most strains have been dutchified to the point where you wont find a true sativa or indica.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Well, it shouldn't even be a 2. But it's a step in the right direction anyway so I suppose we shouldn't complain.

Good god man. Something we agree on. Good to know!!!

And no, it shouldn't even be scheduled. It should be sold just like tobacco and alcohol. And researched just like any other medicinal plant. But then again, Monsanto will own the rights to the plant here if they already don't.
edit on 20-6-2016 by rollanotherone because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I feel that this may be a set up. There is evidence that cannabis can cause psychosis in some people, this evidence might be able to be used to judge fitness to own a gun. I think that it is only around fifteen percent of people that it can effect, but you do know our government will twist things like that out of proportion.

On the flip side, Muslims are not allowed to use Marijuana so if you have a prescription it means you won't be on the terrorist list.

Decisions, decisions, I suppose that you can go to a shrink and get them to say you do not have psychosis, but are they going to put their license on the line?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join