It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM? Ford? A National boycott by Patriots

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Seems kinda silly to blame the big auto companies for the decisions they are forced to make because of the business environment they are required to compete.
Pensions,
Unions,
Insurance,
EPA,
Nafta,

They aren't 'forced' into ANYTHING. They are ALL making profits as we speak. That's statement is nothing but pure "I give up/nothing can be done' mentality and it's bullsh*t.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Seems kinda silly to blame the big auto companies for the decisions they are forced to make because of the business environment they are required to compete.
Pensions,
Unions,
Insurance,
EPA,
Na

They are ALL making profits as we speak. That's statement is nothing but pure "I give up/nothing can be done' mentality and it's bullsh*t.

Not enough profit, stake/share holders want big returns. The only number that matters is the next quarters positive growth.

edit on 18-6-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Next GM announces plans for a Cadillac assembly plant in China...obvious destination for the majority of the 'caddys'... the U.S..

Wrong. GM is building cars in China to sell in China. The automobile market in China is expanding in big ways.

This was from 2013:

SHANGHAI (Reuters) -- General Motors Co. plans to add four new plants in the next three years in China to bring its production capacity to 5 million vehicles a year, the head of GM China said at the Shanghai auto show.

Bob Socia, head of GM China, said on Saturday that the company and its joint venture partners will invest $11 billion in China by 2016, but did not break out the cost of the new plants.

The new plants will boost GM's manufacturing capacity by 30 percent and create 6,000 jobs, the company said.

GM also plans 17 new or refreshed models in China this year.

The company is adding another 400 dealers in China this year, which will bring its dealership network to 4,200 stores. By 2015, GM said it expects to have about 5,100 dealers in China.

www.autonews.com...

SHANGHAI – General Motors and its joint ventures delivered a May record 295,282 vehicles in China, up 16.9 percent on an annual basis.

Its Buick, Cadillac and Baojun brands, and SUV lineup reached all-time highs for deliveries as well in May.

“GM vehicle deliveries in China achieved robust growth in May,” said GM Executive Vice President and GM China President Matt Tsien. “While demand for our SUVs, MPVs and luxury vehicles remained strong, we also saw impressive demand for passenger car models such as the Buick Excelle GT.”

Cadillac deliveries in May rose 30 percent from a year earlier to 8,568 units. Demand for both the XTS and ATS-L luxury sedans topped 2,400 units. The XT5 luxury crossover had deliveries of 1,449 units in its first full month on the market.

Buick deliveries were up 61 percent year over year to 100,864 units. Demand for the Excelle family nearly doubled from the previous May to 47,332 units. The brand also saw growth in demand for its SUVs and MPVs to 30,954 units, which was up 24 percent from a year earlier.

media.gm.com...

edit on 6/18/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Thanks for expanding on it properly.....I'm more than a little pissed.....

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Pensions,
Unions,
Insurance,
EPA,
Nafta,

They aren't 'forced' into ANYTHING. They are ALL making profits as we speak. That's statement is nothing but pure "I give up/nothing can be done' mentality and it's bullsh*t.

You should start a company and try not making a profit. Let's see how well that works for ya.

And what about the years they lost money?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Specifically, it was announced that Cadillac was building an assembly plant in China about4-6 weeks ago.

I have less interest in what's already been done and am more concerned with further losses of jobs. The trend will continue, especially the high paying jobs such as the Union operations.

Seeing you've 'weighed in' on this. Please justify Boeing with unbelievable profits announcing, after the Chinese Premier's
visit to Seattle, building a plant in China shortly followed by an estimated 10% job cuts in Washington.

Not much chance paying for your tanker fleet when it's financed by the taxes garnered from the service industry..(Or Truckers....
)

edit on 18-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Pensions,
Unions,
Insurance,
EPA,
Nafta,

You should start a company and try not making a profit. Let's see how well that works for ya.

And what about the years they lost money?

Hmmm, must own shares.....

Sorry, I have nothing but crocodile tears for the 'big three'..

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Read the article that I added in later. They are delivering record numbers of cars in China this year. Deliveries of GM vehicles to Chinese dealerships in May were up almost 17% over last year. Cadillac deliveries were up 30% for May.

Boeing has slowly been moving jobs out of Washington because of the problems dealing with the Unions. Why do you think that the 787-10 is only being built in Charleston, which is right to work? As for moving to China, again, you really should try looking into things before you go off on your rants.

From last year:

China’s official Xinhua news agency reported yesterday the company has signed a huge deal for 300 737s with three Chinese companies, besting the record 250-plane deal that Airbus received for its A320 last month from low-cost Indian carrier IndiGo.

All of the 737s airframes destined for China will still be built in Renton, Wash., at the plane’s main assembly facility, and then finished at the new plant.

www.forbes.com...

It's a finishing plant for Chinese owned and operated 737s. They're still building the aircraft in Washington, and moving them to China unpainted and without seats and interiors, where they're going to be completed.

“We are in important discussions with Chinese partners about our strategic partnership in China and also possible sales agreements,” Mr. Conner said. “I want to assure you that agreements we may reach with our Chinese partners will not result in layoffs or reduce employment for the 737 program in Washington state.”

A location for the planned facility has yet to be selected, but it would install seats, in-flight entertainment systems, and some galleys and lavatories, as well as the custom paint job for each airline, said the person familiar with the plans. Each jet will then be flown on production flight trials before delivery. Because it will take several years to establish, The facility will mostly handle Boeing’s new 737 Max jets, which begin delivery in 2017.

www.wsj.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The Chinese car market has obviously boomed. Their total highways are only second to the U.S. and have passed Germany.

YOU might try explaining why WE should absorb those losses in the bail-out in '08 while GM is expanding even more into China? A little assistance from the gov't and those Cadillacs could easily be sent to China in those empty cargo ships that brought all that crap to the U.S. that USED to be built here.

Those 'plants' were/are the engine
that supplied us in times of war...in case you've forgotten.

Last, but not least, seeing your globalist views, I assume you have no desire for any slowing of the job drain, never mind any substantial recovery. I cannot help but wonder where your loyalties actually are.

edit on 18-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

P.S. Your 'points' are the same ones with only slight variation since this destruction of the American economy began, I assume a little before your time.

I, for one, am tired of them. They result in nothing but the continuation of the same. it needs to end and now. I don't know if you see this-and I would be surprised if you didn't-or if you have some other agenda.

If you have a problem with me, personally, PM me and get it off your chest. If it is in general and you have a problem with my desire to see my daughter and grandchildren have the life I enjoyed then in a thriving and healthy nation...oh well. We are adversaries, then.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You know what, screw it. You just go right on ranting about US businesses doing what every other business in the world does. I'm done.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Right, keep using the same old excuses and 'reasons' and justifications and let it keep going until we are done.

I used to think largely the same as you. Fix it or lose it. It's really that simple.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So first we're supposed to be patriotic and buy American.

Now we're supposed to be patriotic and not buy American.

Who exactly are we allowed to buy and still be patriotic?

Buy American, which is, made in the USA.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
The terminology is not profit , but profit margin . The amount sold vs the profit made. They had rather sell 50 autos a year and make the same money they did the year before selling 10,000 . And it was never about "losing money" it was about the profit margin as well . The autos kept going up in price , the value kept going down , and they were selling less.

So they move the manufacturing to countries that have no labor laws , they dont have to pay but a mere "pittance" for each vehicle. The profit margin index soars , and the CEOs are as happy as can be

edit on 6/19/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Dey terk er kers!

I just bought an American car yesterday for my wife. A Honda.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Dey terk er kers!

I just bought an American car yesterday for my wife. A Honda. [/quo

In the last 3 years after a bunch of research, we bought a 2011 Hyundai eleantra and a 2009 honda CRV. Both good used cars. That are reliable and seem to be of decent quality.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
In the last 3 years after a bunch of research, we bought a 2011 Hyundai eleantra and a 2009 honda CRV. Both good used cars. That are reliable and seem to be of decent quality.

Yeah, she got a new CRV which is made in Ohio.

edit on 19-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are Subaru vehicles still made here? That is at the top of the list for our considerations for new vehicles.

As for the OP, I personally have boycotted new cars by the big three my entire life. From the moment I discovered that they make and sell the most powerful vehicles to foreign markets, and save the underpowered safety feature laden sh!t-boxes for the American consumer.

They should have died in 08.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
Are Subaru vehicles still made here?

I would think they are. All major manufactures have a presence here, it alleviates the transshipment costs.

As for the OP, I personally have boycotted new cars by the big three my entire life. From the moment I discovered that they make and sell the most powerful vehicles to foreign markets, and save the underpowered safety feature laden sh!t-boxes for the American consumer.

And how much of that is due to CAFE and other regulations vis a vis the foreign markets?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join