It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM? Ford? A National boycott by Patriots

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
OK, a deep breath....calm down...take your Metformin....ok, now I'm ready...

WE, the U.S.of A., our "gov't", bail out the auto industry to the tune of 85 Billion dollars. BILLION.The net loss to U.S. taxpayers is just under 10 Billion. Granted, Ford was more astute than the rest and had slimmed down before the big crash in 2008 and didn't require a bail-out.

Fast forward to 2016 and Ford announces plans to build an assembly plant in Mexico. The obvious destination for those Mexican assembled vehicles is the U.S.A.. Next GM announces plans for a Cadillac assembly plant in China...obvious destination for the majority of the 'caddys'... the U.S..

OK. GM costs us the majority, by far, of that lost sum 9 Billion, or so, on the bail-out and blithely announces the move-they are making a tidy profit here-the move to China.

Ford? OK. no bail-out, but it's Ford! It wouldn't exist without the U.S.A.. Absolutely zero loyalty whatsoever. GM? Even worse.
GM is in the hole to us for the majority of that almost 10 Billion!! Now they take high paying jobs away from those that bailed them out??

So here's the gist of it....where's the protest? The outrage? Where is the U.A.W.? They should be screaming at ALL the politicians for the lack of action.

Other than Trump, nothing....unfreaking believable..

This rant is directed not at the politicians, not TPTB, not even the Corporations, themselves...but at us.

Do nothing and we deserve our fates. Finis. We would deserve no less. If there is no loyalty towards the U.S. from these guys, they merit no loyalty from us. Forget your love of Mustangs, or 'vettes'. The 'good old days'. They're gone, brother, long gone.

No loyalty from them? None back is the response. period. Boycott ALL GM and Ford products until the plans are rescinded. No compromise.

Add in Carrier and even Boeing to that list...That will do for starters. That'll wake 'em up. Don't fight them? Then look in the mirror and still claim your a patriot.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Manufacturing is all but done in America. We can't compete with the labor markets in countries that have no labor laws.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

God bless America.

Land of the Serfs and home of the 5 minute attention span.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So first we're supposed to be patriotic and buy American.

Now we're supposed to be patriotic and not buy American.

Who exactly are we allowed to buy and still be patriotic?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Do you think we are going to see the price difference that the labor and regulatory $ savings in the the price of the auto.

Maybe the main motivator is charge the same made in the USA price but make it with slave labor. Then we can marvel at the stock price of each respective car companies?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The same thing has happened here in Japan. Yamaha motorcycles are made now in India, Thailand, Taiwan and maybe Japan. Was at the shop yesterday, I was shocked that they are being made in India, and we are talking about the power horses too, just not them 50cc scooter.

We all know, Hillary is a "World Citizen" and I've been saying this for a long time, America will have seen its better days if once she gets into office. Hmm, "sir", are you hiring, I can flip them burgers cheaper then the employees you have working for you now.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Manufacturing is all but done in America. We can't compete with the labor markets in countries that have no labor laws.

Last time I checked, GM was making a tidy profit...as is the rest of them. Lots of ways to 'level' that playing field. The easiest and fastest is make it more expensive to move than stay. The imports we can address a bit later.

Otherwise, what do you suggest? Give up?....

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

There is no "American Corporations' left. Those days are long gone. Period. If there's any chance of even partial recovery, it will be thee and me that get it rolling...no one else.
edit on 18-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No, boycott the politicians.

They have produced the trade in exchange for bribes.
NAFTA Clinton retirement plan
TPP Obama retirement plan.

The problems are their retirement plans.
The problem is it was voyed legal to do this.
They have voted to make payoffs legal

I deal with this BS daily, and cars aren't to worst.
There is an entire facade of pretty plastic products on top of rice boxes.

We have been sold out to the mystical Chineese fake market.
America is Walmartized.

I deal with building products quite a bit. Bathroom fans, for example...Lowes...

Same brand 100% price markup in 5 years. Complete junk sheet metal, they removed the bearings, installed plastic bushings instead, and if you watch closely when switching on, the mass market junk plugs spark, causing a fire hazard.
So, get ripped off on a facade product, burn your house down, and try and recoup from China via our court system.

If that isn't enough, I have to hunt for an employee to bitch at because they have all been sent home thanks to self checkout.

Ewwwwweee, I HATE that place!

Businesses are just doing what's profitable in the current tax and regulate to death climate.

Not sure if they did the profit assumptions on a broke US.

They may wanna study that one

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

China is an emerging luxury car market (or was).
I'd bet that a lot of those Cadillacs will never leave China.

Oddly, the Chinese actually love Buicks, too.

Go figure!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

There is no "American Corporations' left. Those days are long gone. Period. If there's any chance of even partial recovery, it will be thee and me that get it rolling...no one else.

Not true, we can always just sell insurance to each other all day

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

S & F SIR disgusting behaviour by two iconic American brands

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Boots fer neck stompin'!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here's an eye opener about "American" cars.....

The 2015 American-Made Index

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Add in Carrier and even Boeing to that list...That will do for starters. That'll wake 'em up. Don't fight them? Then look in the mirror and still claim your a patriot.

Has anyone told you yet, being a real patriot in America is an act of terrorism.

Greed is what these car companies are all about, Loyalty to America, come on these people could careless about their country.

The fact is, it is all about making the share holders happy.

The USA cannot compete with the labor markets here, so they move as much industries as they can to different countries for slave labor.

That also means cheaper parts for the auto industries, and more complaint from faulty manufacturing and sloppy Assembly due to poor wages and working conditions.

I have a Dodge Grand Caravan, I already replace both window motors and still have problems with electrical parts going bad including replacing the air conditioning system, and it still doesn't work correctly. I am sick of it!

The parts for the window unit were all cheap plastic, they wear out in no time.

Yeah they make some nice looking cars however the electronic systems do not hold up very long. And this is the best the car industries can do?

edit on 18-6-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

We all know, Hillary is a "World Citizen" and I've been saying this for a long time, America will have seen its better days if once she gets into office. Hmm, "sir", are you hiring, I can flip them burgers cheaper then the employees you have working for you now.

LOL, Well said.

However it is the slave wage earners that are going to compete with the AI industries, and pretty soon we all will be without a job.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

the way labor costs are set up in the US, if all autos were manufactured here, they'd cost a million a piece and we couldn't afford that.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

This is true.

Thanks, Obama for making the U.S. non-competitive.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Seems kinda silly to blame the big auto companies for the decisions they are forced to make because of the business environment they are required to compete.
Pensions,
Unions,
Insurance,
EPA,
Nafta,

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

the way labor costs are set up in the US, if all autos were manufactured here, they'd cost a million a piece and we couldn't afford that.

Yes. I understand. All I'm saying is right now, without that leveled playing field, these guys ARE making a profit!!

They don't need to leave to survive! With even a little help from the political crowd AND our little added incentive, they'd get creative again and come up with a better widget. Hell, these guys are nothing but lazy. A kick in the rear and maybe that mental motor starts up again....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join