It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient artifacts found in Saudi Arabia desert

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Saudi are well known Wahabbists, one of the things wahabbists like doing is destroying old artifacts.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Dr UAE

I once knew a Saudi dude and he told there are a lot of ancient ruins in Saudi Arabia but for some reason the Saudi authorities kept those areas off limits.

If you are going to do archaeological research the official way, you have to draw a map of the excavation, log where each artifact was located, its orientation, whether it was intact or not. Imagine if people had been playing a board game when they had to leave suddenly. The positions of those artifacts might have some significance. Enough to write a research paper.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

This is a presentation by the personal physician for the prince of Saudi Arabia and who had access to see ancient ruins and artifacts. I bet there are discoveries to be made that can rewrite human history.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere

It would not be of Jewish origin. Ancient Jews did not make statues, idols, or relief likenesses of people.

What? The golden calf during exile. Let alone, the ark, the tabernacle, the candlesticks, etc., etc.

Quite definitely made alters to sacrifice upon, had the weirdest rituals, all in God's name…

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Why explore and gain a better understanding of their own history when they can simply fence them off and make it a no go zone?

With no history they can make up anything they like, as they go.

Solves the riddle of cultural history being destroyed in Syria, or any other subjugated country and peoples throughout history.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
so we have both Jewish and Christian artifacts, found in Saudi Arabia, ...dont look now but we might have found ourselves a rich muslim, Christian, jew. ....or is it a christian/muslim jew. *shrugs*

seeing how he buried his wealth in his backyard...almost certainly a jew. eh?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: SLAYER69

Why explore and gain a better understanding of their own history when they can simply fence them off and make it a no go zone?

With no history they can make up anything they like, as they go.

Solves the riddle of cultural history being destroyed in Syria, or any other subjugated country and peoples throughout history.

Syria has the oldest populated city in history....their cultural history can never be destroyed, even if their artifacts are. promise.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
so we have both Jewish and Christian artifacts, found in Saudi Arabia, ...dont look now but we might have found ourselves a rich muslim, Christian, jew. ....or is it a christian/muslim jew. *shrugs*

Actually, all we have is a tweet in Arabic and a paper with some stuff on it. They could have been purchased in the souk a week ago... or lost in the sand a long time ago. They might even be fakes.

There's no way of telling from a tweet and a photo (well... possibly an art historian could make a call or an archaeologist who worked in the area. We have no way of knowing, though.)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

New generations will never know that part of their history. The same was done to Native Americans. They were removed as children from their reservation, their hair cut, made to wear white mans clothes and go to white mans schools. They were forced to learn the English language and punished harshly if they were caught speaking their native tongue.

Even thrusting needles into their tongues if they were.

link

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

you are absolutely right , there are no confirmations until now as to if these artifacts are real or faked , it was a tweet but hopefully we will find a confirmation in the near future , but if i couldn't find one then i will personally ask the mods to move the thread to the hoax bin.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

It would not be of Jewish origin. Ancient Jews did not make statues, idols, or relief likenesses of people.

actually this one made me think that its Jewish

If Sitchen was still around, he'd write a book about planets and aliens after he "deciphered" the meaning from that picture. He was brilliant like that. = P

I love this sort of thing though, thanks for posting OP.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: Byrd

you are absolutely right , there are no confirmations until now as to if these artifacts are real or faked , it was a tweet but hopefully we will find a confirmation in the near future , but if i couldn't find one then i will personally ask the mods to move the thread to the hoax bin.

I don't think they'll take them to anyone to have them tested -- it's likely to do nothing but bring them trouble. They might sell them to someone or dispose of them in another way.

They're not very useful artifacts -- the find is similar to "granddad found this in Mongolia somewhere" donations that are given to museums. Without provenance and good information (site, soil profile, other artifacts, assemblage,etc) there's not much to go on. One of those found in situ, however, would have been a real archaeological prize.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

They made golden calfs to worship even after mighty things like the parting of the Red Sea saved them from Egyptian soldiers as they fled.

Jewelry. Displaying pride and wealth in trinkets to be worn on your eyes and fingers starts with the first three letters Jew.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Definitely looks like a minora.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It's possible that this cache was originally brought back to the UAE after someone conducted some buying/trading/pillaging. No one knows for sure yet. Also, take into account that many "finds" have been fabricated for individual profit. I do hope this is the real deal though. Good story,OP.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
a reply to: fleabit

Definitely looks like a minora.

Nah.
A Menorah has candle eight holders, and usually a 9th central candle holder for the candle you use to light the other eight.

Harte

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i think Marduk mentioned it....but i agree that its likely related to zoroaster

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Looks like there is a menorah in the upper left hand corner of the gold tablet that has a man carved on it. Could be a carving of Moses. But it definitely looks like these are jewish artifacts.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Love these kinds of finds, great post.

This is really the type of things that keep me coming back here.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Actually that's exactly what it is. A menorah, a rendering of the one that was in the temple. It had seven lights. You are referring to a "Hanukiah", which is Hanuka menorah used to celebrate the 8 day festival of Hanukah. a reply to: Harte

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join