It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: All Six Major GOP Convention Sponsors DROP OUT In Protest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
BREAKING: All Six Major GOP Convention Sponsors DROP OUT In Protest

Many of the major companies that helped fund the 2012 GOP National Convention have declined to sponsor the 2016 event in Cleveland this year.

None of the companies listed above have publicly stated whether or not their decision has to do with Donald Trump’s presumptive status as the party’s presidential nominee. Many have declined to help fund the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia as well, perhaps in an attempt to not make their decisions seem too partisan. Corporations often sponsor party conventions simply to promote their brands rather than make explicit partisan endorsements.

The enormous controversy emerging over Trump’s likely nomination in July does, however, provide a clear risk for many companies, who fear that their association with Trump will be potentially harmful to their brand. A growing amount of pressure has been applied by a variety of activists, who insist that funding the event implies complicity between the brand and Trump’s many racist statements against Latinos and Muslims throughout his campaign.

Well it just is getting worse for this guy. So hated that companies do not want to be associated with him but then again who can blame them. It is going to be so embarrassing for the GOP this November when they are humiliated on the national stage by getting their butts whooped by a woman they hate.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
LOL at this, and any other Trump or Clinton threads anymore.

Who cares, really?

About either of them.

People are actually choosing a side behind a so-called criminal and a so-called racist?

Where's the uproar about getting people we can vote for.

But nope, more of the same.

NEITHER will do anything good for the average person.
Why choose between measles and chicken pox?

Everyone should just stop reporting anything to do with those two tools.

+38 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Way to 'Correct the Record' new guy.

Thanks for sharing another anti-Trump hack job. No one here will be impressed.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Apple just pulled it's sponsorship as well. How long will Google, Microsoft, and Facebook last? If they pull out; it's over. Thanks Donald!

www.politico.com...

Corporations spend billions to establish a favorable impression of their brand. Why would they want to be associated with a
melting down cluster****.

The question is....will the Republicans throw Trump under the bus to save face and still be a viable political party...barely?

edit on 18-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
this seems relevant

Many have declined to help fund the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia as well, perhaps in an attempt to not make their decisions seem too partisan. Corporations often sponsor party conventions simply to promote their brands rather than make explicit partisan endorsements.

+42 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well if I cared what you thought, I would be posting pro republican, hate or sexist threads that seem to get the most stars and flags.

I don't, so I will continue to post my opinion and there is not a darn thing you can do about it, you could ignore but something tells me that you can't and that it vexes you to think that someone has the nerve to speak against your beliefs or candidate.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"The question is....will the Republicans throw Trump under the bus to save face and still be a viable political party...barely? "

Oooh I could play that game too, replace Republicans and Trump, with Democrats and HIllary.

NEITHER candidate should be running.
One is a perpetual middle school kid and the other a lying possible criminal.

So just stop.
Ok cool.

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Cept if you weren't new you would know he's not a trump supporter, awkward.
edit on 18-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
a reply to: olaru12

"The question is....will the Republicans throw Trump under the bus to save face and still be a viable political party...barely? "

Oooh I could play that game too, replace Republicans and Trump, with Democrats and HIllary.

NEITHER candidate should be running.
One is a perpetual middle school kid and the other a lying possible criminal.

So just stop.
Ok cool.

Stop what? You a mod now?

Except the democrats aren't in meltdown mode over Clinton.

I'm not a Clinton supporter. I favor Gov. Gary J. But i despise and loathe Donald Trump and his little hands and I will celebrate when he goes down just like I predicted almost a year ago. I'm not some PC, SJW and I call it like I see it. You got a problem with that?
edit on 18-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 18-6-2016 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

link   
Nobody wants to be linked to the violent protesting and mass police actions.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Apple just pulled it's sponsorship as well. How long will Google, Microsoft, and Facebook last? If they pull out; it's over. Thanks Donald!

www.politico.com...

Corporations spend billions to establish a favorable impression of their brand. Why would they want to be associated with a
melting down

The question is....will the Republicans throw Trump under the bus to save face and still be a viable political party...barely?

Maybe another possibility. The big corps. are picking up there game and going home. If they can't have the candidate that they want, then the hell with. I can't imagine they are happy with the bring American jobs home campaign promise (future lie). After all this may cut into profits and returns for shareholders.

+31 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
And yet another sign that Trump is not owned by the corporations, unlike politicians.
Go Trump!!
edit on 6/18/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Nobody wants to be linked to the violent protesting and mass police actions.

It funny, BLM never loses funding.

ETA: Link

edit on 18-6-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
And yet another sign that Trump is not owned by the corporations, unlike politicians.
Go Trump!!

Worth at least 1,000,000 votes !!!

Things keep happening that will mobilize Republican voters this November.

+31 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Don’t worry Trump will get the Klan, the Nazis, and the Aryan Brotherhood to finance the GOP convention

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Don’t worry Trump will get the Klan, the Nazis, and the Aryan Brotherhood to finance the GOP convention

A mean and viscous stereotype !!!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Go Trump!!

You could be right. It should show up in the polls soon....to keep Donald from going down the crapper.

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Go Trump!!

You don’t like Trump. Why are you pretending you do

Oh I get it you just hate the democrats so much

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What difference at this point does it make ?

Actually I kinda like Gary Johnson, but he is a little to Liberal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join