It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any conspiracy theorist left here?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

the problem with the notion of critical thinkers Ect we only label people who agree with us as such and the rest are idiots shills and trolls.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
No. At least, do not include me in that "we."
There are those who apply critical thinking with whom I do not agree. Not many, however. Anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yet, folks of your ilk seem to utterly DELIGHT in personally assaulting the personhood of individuals--and that quite unwarrantedly--merely because your constructions on reality are DIFFERENT.

See, this is clearly showing we're not processing information in similar ways. I have no comprehension how you could see the words of someone on this site as being capable of "assulting the personhood of individuals". To me, this indicates you hold a great deal of importance on some sort of introversion of feeling, and that this quality you find to be expressed in someone's words can also be harmed by the expression of yet anothers?

If I imagine myself to have such a mindset, the words you would see now might take on ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME, and would probably go all pink and blue as well. I think of electricuniverse here, this individual loves to freak out a lot as well.

Do you realize that's how you come off to other people here? For someone who appears to hold such a high value on the depth of their feelings, you seem to be pretty unaware of just how much projection is in your words. There was a third poster here, she did the same and it was just so freaking obvious that she was far off her rocker, and everything that was evil in this world was a disownment of her own natural instincts. Things that were outside of her control due to a lack of self-awareness she found the need to place them outside her self, and they became thought-patterns about how the world was acting.

Do you have no insight that this is occurring in you as well? No flashes on occasion that try to remind you... hey, this is all in your head here? I don't know how people speak where you are, but around here people speak their mind, and people's minds are filled with all sorts of things good and bad. If I were to be offended by someone calling my words idiotic, or foolish, or them calling me any sort of derogatory thing, I would have given up long, long ago.

Look, I get that we have different ... I'll call it anchors that guide our perceptions of reality. These are pretty well beliefs, values, and you could say core assumptions. The thing is I can see how you could see my version of reality as being off the mark, but I can also see how your reasoning doesn't come up to par. When you present your case in threads, I can clearly see where you fall off into circular thought processes and make assumptive leaps and try to hide this behind the guise of being "intuitive".

I mean, if you think you're being a mature adult by screaming at people with all caps while I'm being just another troll for calling people out, then that's your deal, and I'll just choose to do as JJJ will do with me now, I'll just ignore you. I'm not seeing much more than someone who freaks out and projects to the Nth degree from you, and yet somehow you're just not much aware of this and continue on day after day.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Most alternatives don't require conspiracy, and most conspiracy theories are the result of ignorance and poor reasoning. I think most conspiracy theories were long ago fleshed out by the majority. I'm mostly just here for the lulz, but every once in a while there's some interesting post or even thread that pops up on this site.

The government constantly comes up with its own conspiracy theories....19 men+ conspired to hijack planes on 9/11, 2 brothers conspired to bomb the Boston Marathon, etc...

Sounds like you are just selective in accepting that conspiracies actually happen. Apparently you believe that the people with the most motive, means, and opportunity to actually commit conspiratorial crimes would never-ever do such a thing: the government.

There are conspiracy laws on the books in every state and at the federal level for a reason...because conspiracies do occur.

So are you accusing the government of ignorance and poor reasoning or are you just demonstrating these qualities in yourself?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'd suggest you read the whole thread and not be so presumptive.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'd suggest you read the whole thread and not be so presumptive.

I was responding to the precise content of your comment, not the whole thread. You wrote what I quoted, so just own it. If you have something to say in reply to my response, then do so.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
(what if the world is cube shaped...) .

Well, now you've done it. You have started a new conspiracy.
edit on 18-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Oh trust me, I own those words, they are my own, but they do not warrant the line of reasoning in your reply which chooses to paint a picture of me which isn't true. If you were to actually read the thread, you might realize this, but since you would rather keep to your view of who you imagine me to be, then I don't see any reason further conversing with you. Your reasoning is not sound, it is presumptuous.

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Sounds like you are just selective in accepting that conspiracies actually happen. Apparently you believe that the people with the most motive, means, and opportunity to actually commit conspiratorial crimes would never-ever do such a thing: the government.

If you really are that lazy, I can at least pick this apart without having to open up a can of worms. My words don't match this. At all. There is no indication that I believe the government would never be behind conspiratorial crime. You might do best to take a basic logic course at your local community college.
edit on 18-6-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I cant speak for others, but I am less likely to start a thread based on a conspiracy theory than I used to be. As soon as you do there is an element here who cant seem to wait to call you a tin foil hat wearing kool aid drinking paranoid fool.

There are a good number of people here who like to rip you apart if you cant back up every single word you speak. They nitpick and straw man you until the thread gets closed. The problem is a theory is just that - theory. If you could back up every single word it would be a fact, not a theory. That idea seems lost on some people. I like to start with a "what if" and follow it through a few different directions and see where it ends up. But I don't feel very comfortable doing that here any more.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You might do best to take a basic logic course at your local community college.

I took logic in college and ended the class with a 106% thanks to extra credit opportunities.

If you had any worthy response, you would reply with it. I have other things to accomplish, this evening, that are more important than scouring the thread for whatever it is you want me to know.

edit on 18-6-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Your touching what I'm really getting at.

Think of it as art, intuitive art.

Just like in science you need to make an initial assertion in order to begin creating a theory in the first place.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I took logic in college and ended the class with a 106% thanks to extra credit opportunities.

Logically, there is no such thing as 106% of something.

edit on 6/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Well then, if you're so smart then you can start with calling out your own logical errors, which is very easy for someone with a "106%" to see. Go on now, you can do it!

I'll be waiting for you to give a logical reply back and let me know how you goofed. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

There is when extra credit is offered...'extra' referring to credit beyond 100%.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

What are you guys even fighting over?

How logical is that?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I found a conspiracy. Someone crapping on a thread. It's common but still.... Can you allow this to continue as other would like or is your ego needing stroking?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I'll be waiting for you to give a logical reply back and let me know how you goofed. Thanks.

I didn't goof and never stated nor agreed that I did. Soooo that's a pretty weak strawman logical fallacy.

edit on 18-6-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm good with that. This isn't going anywhere anyways.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

There is when extra credit is offered...'extra' referring to credit beyond 100%.

Ah.
An A++ then. Special.
Still not logical.

edit on 6/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Ah.
An A++ then.
Still not logical.

Take it up with my logic professor. I can try and dig up his contact info if you're really interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join