It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Genesis Paradox

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Eden is a myth with sexual implications and tree and fruit are metaphors.

What they had was unauthorized sexual union.

This little story placed sex under the domain of the priesthood, classic mind control.

And made women"inferior" for millennia.

Truthfully Eve is a savior because she gave Adam knowledge, always better than ignorance.

Adam had an equally created first wife, Lilith. Adam lost his memory of his divinity and ceased regarding her as an equal and she said I am out of here and became the "serpent."

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

I'm sick to death of being a plaything to something bigger than me and I'll be damned if I have to worship an entity that thought this whole FUBAR was a good idea. Hey, come down here and live 85 years in the Bronx. Then, tell me it was a good idea. Sheesh.

I can see your perspective and at one time was there myself and at times find myself there once more. The entire matter is not so easy such as the more protected ones live. Yes there is death and great suffering and there will always be this rotten way of life but who procreated this filth? Maybe a god does not exist. That's your call. If he does not exist then who do you blame for all of the filth? If a god does not exist that makes people all the more rotten. No more god to blame or play with you. Your call and your life.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

Yup seems its rare people concider the serpent the male always wrestles with is their penis... women learn that knowledge pretty quick in life... as to if the "god" commands his "serpent" or the serpent commands the "god".

Is it any wonder which one the woman chooses to either enjoy sex or propagate the species with? Could be both... but if youre still wrestling with the seprpent no eden pour vous.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Man (ADAM, SONOFMAN) used Eve (SHEVAH - BEAST) and his (SNAKE - DRAGON) ex to bypass God's command and acquire the ultimate and only vital god ingredient. Me.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: Sex changes everything

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: birdxofxprey

Did they die “in the day” that they ate of the tree? No. Did they become mortal? No, they were always mortal (even God goes on to observe that they never ate from the tree of life). So, God lied and the serpent told the truth.

I don't understand this in the way that you understand it. You say that Adam and Eve were always mortal but then explain
why did God tell Adam that he could eat of every tree except the one of knowledge of evil and good? Would not this include the tree of life? By this I am led to believe that Adam and Eve were immortal before the sin and curse of death.

Why would God say that if you eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil then you will die if they were already mortal? You see that there would not be a curse if they were already mortal and would eventually die. The curse of death came into play after the sin but before the sin there was no curse of death.

It was after the curse of death that the tree of life was taken out of the garden so that sin could not exist forever but before the curse of death there was no death.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

None of us are really mortal. We are technology which rests on our genius.

As far as I know the only MO that results in victory.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I like this thread and find it fascinating. I agree if you take it literally it doesn't make much sense. If you assume the Tree of Knowledge is an actual tree, and it grows actual fruit, that Adam and Eve were not supposed to eat... it's a weird story. Also how did the talking serpent know Eve wasn't supposed to eat it?

I for one don't believe it was an actual tree or actual fruit, but is an allegory or code for something else entirely.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I find it interesting when modern Christians say this about previous Christians. It is known that humans are VERY superstitious and at the time these stories were told (even before they were written down) humans knew very little about how the universe worked. It makes more sense that they actually believed those stories were true initially and then when science finally got around to showing how foolish those stories were, that is when people started referring to them as metaphors. After all, that is easier than admitting that science just disproved your whole religion.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Very interesting perspective. I have never seen the story analysed before like in your opening post.

Just curious: for what purpose do you believe Eve was set up or tricked by God?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: grayghost

Text Here is something I do not understand. God knows all because he created all. He made man and then woman. He did so knowing full well what would happen. He knew Eve would eat the fruit and then Adam would. Why did he create them knowing they would do this deed Did he plan things to happen this way? That would mean he made man and woman imperfect

Yes. My perspective is that the Creator did know exactly all that has and will happen but that the Creator does not control all that has and will happen. I believe the book is written and is on the book shelf (so to speak). But I also believe that every happening is not considered free will of people. Let me explain that a little more.

God does intervene in affairs that are not considered the test of a free will. That is why an evil act is allowed before God acts upon that act of man. Now that does not mean that God micro manages mankind. God can prevent a happening with another happening as well as allow a happening with another happening without voiding the will of peoples minds. In other words He will not violate His edict of free will.

God created people through love. He knows full well that most of what we procreate will not love Him and yet all must be tried with death. The few that are tested and love the Creator with all of their mind will be His family. Unfortunately the vast majority of the procreation will not qualify for His family. The entire qualifications are given to all of us to either believe or disbelieve. That is up to each and everyone.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

A 3 way ending in pregancy with a jealous 3rd wheel... cause he didnt get the girl in the end... or did he when he came back and raped one for a so called son...

Kinda sick if you ask me... and yes I know no one did... thats why children should be protected they cant give consent to such monsters in peoples pants.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Yes. And Cain is satans offspring and Abel belongs to Adam. Follow the lineage and then you will see why Noah built the ark. His line is the only one not contaminated with satans seed. The flood was to rid the world of it. Nephillium.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Put it in this perspective. Knowledge is power, often kept secret.

You can not eat from the tree of knowledge AND the tree of life. This is a way for the Priests to say that knowledge leads to evil and death, but if you refrain you can have eternal life. Everyone says that Jews only believed in a gloomy state of darkness after death (Sheol) regardless of good or evil . I seriously doubt that this was what they believed because a few people were taken bodily to heaven, there was a heaven.

Paul even uses situational ethics by saying" knowledge puffs up" which is honestly one of the stupidest things ever said, so he follows it up immediately with "but love..."

As if knowledge and love can't coexist in a person he is promoting stupidity as a virtue and if you look into what knowledge he is actually referring to it is knowledge of Jesus when he was alive and the Apostles are "puffed up" from having "knowledge of Jesus."

Wives he instructs to learn only from their husbands so they can be kept submissive and uneducated. And to keep silent at gatherings of the church.

I can see why a sociopath like Constantine would want these epistles of Paul. They read like a Nazi manifesto. And Paul was a former Nazi like oppressor of people for the Herodians. How many people did he murder and imprison for being pacifists before deciding to have a "vision" of the crucified, resurrected and ascended Messiah?

Would anyone have forgiven Himmler if he converted to Judaism after a psychotic break? Saul is portrayed as a rabid wolf and even a bully and instigator. Even after his alleged conversion. He is violent and aggressive, has no love for anyone, and is a constant traitor. He claims he was a Pharisee but then turns on Judaism period. Then he turns on James and Peter and starts a religion based off the death of Christ.

Instead of the Life and teachings of the Messiah he makes up his as he goes borrowing language learned from the Nazarenes he bastardized the Movement.

Handed over to Rome the Nazarenes whose righteous leaders were martyred for the most part, while no credible story exists about Paul's death he probably survived to old age in comfort in Rome as a reward for his betraying... everyone .

He is the greatest villain in history, a real Antichrist.

Sorry for the tangent I got carried away.

edit on 20-6-2016 by KingPhilipsiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Did they die “in the day” that they ate of the tree? No. Did they become mortal? No, they were always mortal (even God goes on to observe that they never ate from the tree of life). So, God lied and the serpent told the truth.

I don't understand this in the way that you understand it. You say that Adam and Eve were always mortal but then explain
why did God tell Adam that he could eat of every tree except the one of knowledge of evil and good? Would not this include the tree of life? By this I am led to believe that Adam and Eve were immortal before the sin and curse of death.

Why would God say that if you eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil then you will die if they were already mortal? You see that there would not be a curse if they were already mortal and would eventually die. The curse of death came into play after the sin but before the sin there was no curse of death.

It was after the curse of death that the tree of life was taken out of the garden so that sin could not exist forever but before the curse of death there was no death.

There isn't anything in the text to suggest that Adam and Eve were immortal at any time. And, clearly, God is trying to prevent this when they are expelled from the garden . God does not say "you will become mortal in the day that you eat it." Rather, God says "you will die in that day ," that's pretty specific. And, one would think, the only way they could die in that day is if they were mortal. [if they were immortal, then this threat wouldn't have made much sense, because immortals can't die...] Also, in God's litany of "curses," mortality is not mentioned.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
Yes. And Cain is satans offspring and Abel belongs to Adam. Follow the lineage and then you will see why Noah built the ark. His line is the only one not contaminated with satans seed. The flood was to rid the world of it. Nephillium.

Let me just say that Satan was not even in the garden of Eden and did not have sex with Eve.

If you knew Judaism you would know better, the serpent is not and has absolutely nothing to do with Satan.

Ha-Satan is Hebrew for "The Adversary" and satan means "adversary." In regular conversation.

It is not a name, more like a title. You know the Serpent was dealt with and defeated.

Yet he sits in on the Heavenly council and performs tasks for Yah? He doesn't go from intelligent Serpent to a dumb crawling serpent then back up to Heaven to work for Yahweh as prosecuting angel.

Everything evil doesn't come from Satan.

Yahweh is the cause of good and evil. Satan is his most important angel because he knows how to bring out the bad in you but with God's consent he tempts the weak and the strong, everybody.

"Be Wise as Serpents, innocent as doves."

Credit where it's due though, you are spot on about the Flood. It is usually spelled Nephilim. For some reason nephillium is a word in my computer though. Hmm.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: birdxofxprey
Meaningful coincidence:

Immediately after hitting the button on my previous comment I stepped outside.
There's a small tree by my back door.
In the tree was a snake, looking right at me.
First one I've seen in a couple years.
Hmmm...

Satans watching you!!! Youre playing into his hands!!! run away run away!

Actually you should had just said Hi satan. stop trying to influence my writing and leave.

Also There was no deception on them dying if they ate the fruit. If they were we would not die today of old age or at all. Think of God as a scientist. the organisms he created were in effect perfect(except for being to curious) and the fruit of the tree of knowledge was able to rewrite dna and or change it and activate peices of it.

Or just being in the garden stops the aging process somehow and being tossed out the aging kicked back in.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: KingPhilipsiX

Ok. Then explain the two seperate bloodlines from the same mother Eve. Who screwed with her to get her pregnant with cain? Cains bloodline eventually begat the Muslim bloodline supossedly. ANd the next son after abel started the bloodline for Eventually jesus.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So if you want to command your children not to cross the street in traffic when they are 2 or 3 years old and they ask you why; even if you told them they might not understand unless they knew what good and evil was.

For them to understand your command they would have to have matured enough to understand the logic behind the command and that is only when they know what good and evil is.

So the analogy is that God couldn’t explain the reason for the prohibition other than the fact that Adam wasn’t mature enough to eat of that tree.

Its like puberty…go ahead and try to explain that to a pre pubescent child what puberty is

Your right though God is the sneaky guy behind the fall of man

The key is that its a mystery

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So this command was just for the fact that Adam wasn't prepared for this Tree at that time and place

These trees were actually states of consciousness not literally a tree with fruit.

Also the fall was predicted by God in the sense that one can predict what will happen if one starts shooting heroin.

That can literally tear apart your facilities of perception and that is what essentially is the Fall of Man
edit on 20-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

They all came from Adam and Eve.

If you are looking for an excuse to associate Islam with the seed of Cain or Satan I am stunned.

Cain's line was destroyed. Noah, Shem, Ham and Japheth plus their wives were from Seth.
And the only flood survivors.

Arabs are Ishmael's tribes, 12 in number in the Bible.

Which makes them Semitic, descended from Abraham and Shem, Noah. Just like the true Israelites.

While 85% of "Jews" today are not even Semitic at all, Ashkenazim are European racially, Caucasus area.

I would say that you are not very good with genealogy, Biblically speaking but only as constructive criticism, not to be rude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join