It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Heaven were drunk when they made this..."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
"With One Breath a Hurricane, and with One Step, an Earthquake"-Superman

You see this little Angel called the Chrub, with those big sweet little innocent eyes...

Well there is a lion, behind that innocent, lying portrayal it giving, it supposed to look more like that.

Horrifying ain't it? Now, the main aim of what I'm trying to point out in the thread ain't so much a historical lesson and/or a so called evolution as to how an ancient mythological beast of destruction became much less threatening where it could be Cupid. I'm more or less interested in the Mythical Beasts symbolism due to what an oddity it could be if it were really, and prove how Drunk God was when he made this type of Beast or Angel called the "Cherubim". It literally more screwed up then the Platypus or and egg laying mammal like the Echinda. Now the Cherubims which are proclaimed Hebrew Creature, but are actually Babylonian-Sumerian(They all sound the same), or maybe even much older, and the only difference it has to the popular griffin is it two additional features, the face of a bull and the face of a man.

Like seriously, I think the Christians and Muslums would want to kill it for being so F'd up, while the Jews would be too scared of it, while the Christians and Muslums got killed by it for trying. I mean like wow it defies my logic, also, I'm not going to bring in any religious texts like Ezekiels Vision since this aim of mine isn't about prophecies.
For the main aim of my thread, it is picking out and on these four Characteristics that are given onto this mess with wings, and the more messed up thing I'm going to associate with it, that will probably make it all over the place, but these supposed physical traits that describe will make more sense symbolically, if one can use the imagination a bit. And what picture am I trying to build with these four tribal characteristics, well its this.

That right, I'm trying to connect the dots to the possibility of an Ancient UFO, however, I'm going to use a Modern Jet to try to connect it with the animal traits of the beast.

Sorry if the pic is too big...Now why I'm using the traits of the Cherubim, is that it kind of does match the traits of a Jet, due to how it can fit if one use their imagination. The Vertical wings at the rear, can resemble traits of a Bull Horns, meaning it having the face of one, while the Engines and their exhaust could be symbolic with the face of the Lion, due to the roar that more louder then Ozzy Osborne, while at the same time, the sound from the engine or a sonic boom could be associated with a making a thunderous, earth shaking Bull Charge, where a Lion roars saying it King. The aerodynamics features like the nose could be its beak, while the wings are just...Wings. Symbolism of wings would indicate the meaning of flight, and it being symbolized with an Eagle, one of the more revered Birds of Prey would symbolize it air superiority.

I wonder how well it can stack to a burning face with eyes for wings?

As for the face of a Man, the only thing I could think about, is that it symbolizes Intelligence or maybe the trait of it having a character of sorts, which could work hand an hand with intelligence, and the only thing humans could symbolize it with, was with something that was human .

Now everyone know that there has to be someone controlling a flying manned or unmanned object in today's world of technology, but how prudent or pronounced this trait of intelligence goes, well, lets leave that to the imagination and legend.

The Gods were crazy.

edit on 18-6-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think it is cherub

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Yea I totally believe half the stuff referenced was technology that the primitives just did not have the words to describe. So they personified them and created metaphors, and the smart rulers over time who knew exactly what they were just kept changing the story and words in translation to suit their policies or desires of the time.

I can totally see how this is a possibility.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Great post. I've done some leisurely exploration into theories such as yours, and I always find them entertaining. A lot of history is based on interpretation that has been, well, misinterpreted. On a final note, maybe throw some verses from scripture as references up there for the good people. Anyways, thanks for the good read.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The Lamassu/Sphinx/Cherubim where (are) the ultimate in defence weaponry. Their appearance is exactly as described and they do their job perfectly.
Their designer, drunk was not...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wow I'm surprised it even got this much attention and kind remarks.

The reason why I tried to present the mythical/biblical creature is that not much is really given about it, which kind of make it a mysterious critter for me. Although it being biblical and supposedly powerful, I'm kind of leaning to believing, it more rather beast like, and possibly feared as one, then a mystical creature that is revered or even described as well, like the Seraphim.

Although there are no hints to it being a mechanical it in any way, it general physical trait is just really, really odd, even to that of the Seraphim whose description is a face with wings, or a wheel within a wheel, and tons of eyes.
It given the traits of two Apex predators, and it being part Bull in a China shop, with cunning similar to a human, she's definitely a predator.

Too bad I cant find the scene where the Scimtar opens it wings.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So what's up with the goat man? The Pan or Bahomet? What's his story? Real historical accounts by very "trustworthy" ancient thinkers, leaders and military had given accounts.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I don't really consider Baphomet at all, unless you can find a UFO that would of been shaped like it head floating about.

The theme I was trying to bring up was that these creatures could easily be UFO's taken from different accounts from the the different mythologies, and may get/give some accurate detail on these mythical creatures. However, the various views on them seem to differ and have diluted greatly, but still share alot of similarities since all the while, where the perception of their morality, or stations in the realm of mysticism was to how those people would of reacted at or with them.

Like how God supposedly supposed to come down on a Cherubim, or an Islam personication of Angel, or maybe even maybe the big bad wolf Satan, that killed Odin, just like how Vishnu came down with the Garuda, on the Jinn could have been the Seraphim or Nagas.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
the Jinn could have been the Seraphim or Nagas.

Djinn are the bastard children of the fallen male Grigori (watchers) and human females.

They have no wings, yet some can fly (levitate) like the Rephaim. Seraphs have 3 pairs of wings.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

the Jinn could have been the Seraphim or Nagas.

Djinn are the bastard children of the fallen male Grigori (watchers) and human females.

They have no wings, yet some can fly (levitate) like the Rephaim. Seraphs have 3 pairs of wings.

The Oracle of Wikipedia says differently.

A few traditions (hadith), divide jinn into three classes: those who have wings and fly in the air, those who resemble snakes and dogs, and those who travel about ceaselessly.[20] described them as creatures of different forms; some resembling vultures and snakes, others tall men in white garb.[21] They may even appear as dragons, onagers, or a number of other animals.[22] In addition to their animal forms, the jinn occasionally assume human form to mislead and destroy their human victims.[23] Certain hadiths have also claimed that the jinn may subsist on bones, which will grow flesh again as soon as they touch them, and that their animals may live on dung, which will revert to grain or grass for the use of the jinn flocks.[24]

Some Snakes...Just like the Nagas and the Seraphim.
edit on 22-7-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Unrelated, to the main thread but what the hell.

edit on 22-7-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well this is not fun at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Well this is not fun at all.

Actually the djinn are smerking behind your left shoulder at your faith in Wikipedia for being your Oracle.

The chaos gods are laughing even more at how human minds are so warped these days.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Your religious bias and musings have no effect here.

edit on 23-7-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Although it being biblical and supposedly powerful, I'm kind of leaning to believing, it more rather beast like, and possibly feared as one, then a mystical creature that is revered or even described as well, like the Seraphim.

Although there are no hints to it being a mechanical it in any way, it general physical trait is just really, really odd

I experienced the Lamassu in a dream a while back, before having knowledge of them.
You're right, they are extremely powerful, beast like and kind of mechanical. Both a living being and almost machinery at the same time. Odd indeed.

You may find this thread interesting.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I like turtles.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

Although it being biblical and supposedly powerful, I'm kind of leaning to believing, it more rather beast like, and possibly feared as one, then a mystical creature that is revered or even described as well, like the Seraphim.

Although there are no hints to it being a mechanical it in any way, it general physical trait is just really, really odd

I experienced the Lamassu in a dream a while back, before having knowledge of them.
You're right, they are extremely powerful, beast like and kind of mechanical. Both a living being and almost machinery at the same time. Odd indeed.

Yea, from what I gather about them and their use and purpose in art about being guardian spirits would be no different to that of a Gargoyle being used put in place today. Where the believe of them was that, they would ward evil spirits away, much like how Golems or Statues that come to life guard treasure, Dragons can also serve this function of vigilant guardians or hoarders. Thing is Gargoyles are rather portrayed as being Imp/goblin or child like rather Earth shaking beasts much like a mirror image of the first pic of a Cherub in the post.

I'd like to find more comparisons that could relate to the symbology across a few more cultures, and belief functions that would follow suit, much like the Chinese Lion Statue in the above or a mayan statue of the feathered serpent almost looks like a Lion.

...Eventually. However, it all perspective at the end of it all.

Your dream thread doesn't surprise me that much, where as you not having discovering about it prior to having it, would mean that it symbology might have some relevance or impact on to you, and you just interpreted it that way possibly some before reading about them.

Funny thing about what I heard about dreaming, is that you will only dream about thing you know...And you didn't know anything about the tetra morph before hand.

edit on 24-7-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

Yea I don't have any ninja turtle UFO that ward evil ninjas away stories.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Some related pics of giant birds or mounts that show similar meanings or stances...
The Demon Bird, Anzu with two lions...(Supposedly in one story Anzu, could be a steed for the one that slayed him)

The Divine Hindu mount or Buddhist Beast, Garuda...

Black Garuda whose one in the same, but usually seen holding or eating two snake, or nagas...

Modern rendition or concept of a Cherubim.

Renaissance Painter Rapheal of God riding a Cherubim with Cherubs at the sides.

A Mayan Figurine, that holds some meaning and history of being a divine mount...Was posted in a interesting thread by a member Kanveldzt.

The Mayan Morning Star, and main God, Quetzalcoatl, who can be depicted handling a Snake similar to one or two Hindu Dieties, like Vishnu

Mohammed supposedly speaking with the Angel Gabriel.

A demon king of Saturday from an Isamics book...My favorite day of the week.

A Medieval Depiction of the supposeded Moon, or maybe something else.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

Yea, from what I gather about them and their use and purpose in art about being guardian spirits would be no different to that of a Gargoyle being used put in place today. Where the believe of them was that, they would ward evil spirits away, much like how Golems or Statues that come to life guard treasure, Dragons can also serve this function of vigilant guardians or hoarders. Thing is Gargoyles are rather portrayed as being Imp/goblin or child like rather Earth shaking beasts much like a mirror image of the first pic of a Cherub in the post.

I'd like to find more comparisons that could relate to the symbology across a few more cultures, and belief functions that would follow suit, much like the Chinese Lion Statue in the above or a mayan statue of the feathered serpent almost looks like a Lion.

...Eventually. However, it all perspective at the end of it all.

Your dream thread doesn't surprise me that much, where as you not having discovering about it prior to having it, would mean that it symbology might have some relevance or impact on to you, and you just interpreted it that way possibly some before reading about them.

Funny thing about what I heard about dreaming, is that you will only dream about thing you know...And you didn't know anything about the tetra morph before hand.

But then it's highly possible I may have learned about them subconsciously. Being asleep in front of the TV while a documentary about them was on perhaps.
I too find it interesting that many cultures seem to be depicting the same beings. I'm convinced the Lamassu and the Sphinx are the same thing, and you mention gargoyles have a similar role also. All these beings are often depicted in pairs, same as in my dream.

As Whatsthisthen stated in the other thread, maybe these beings actually physically existed in some bygone age and the memory of them lives on in the superstitious art and architecture of all these cultures.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join