It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is reportedly working on a self-titled cable news network

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
This sounds great for people who prefer their news steeped in racism and devoid of truth.

Much like the majority of posting on him has been right? The 'racism" has been proven to be false but you all persist in saying its racist to enforce the laws and also State a factual statements about immigration in this country.

if the democrats put up someone who was strong on defense and social programs as well as th e military and jobs an d immigration and who preserves the second amendment Id vote for them. Clintons just not it. enough dynasties please.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah, well, Trump is not strong on defense or immigration. He's racist and his policies are racist and that's exactly why he attracts support from hateful racist groups.

He's being called out on it, and frankly, his supporters love him for his racist tendencies.

edit on 18-6-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Yeah, well, Trump is not strong on defense or immigration. He's racist and his policies are racist and that's exactly why he attracts support from hateful racist groups.

He's being called out on it, and frankly, his supporters love him for his racist tendencies.

No i have yet to seen anything he says as Racist. Other than cherry picked comments that left out all previous context. SHow me entire transcripts un edited and from a 3rd party. Mainstream news i s in the dnc pocket

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The problem, or danger, of a third party at the national level is that our government was set up for a two-party system. Right now, 51% minimum of the votes means you represent everyone. If you had three or more strong parties, then would someone be elected POTUS with 34% vote, or less? We have "winner takes all". We have neither run off or proportional voting to seat those in Washington.

Possible reforms include establishing an independent redistricting commission, judicial intervention using the Voting Rights Act, and finding ways to introduce transparency and get citizens more involved. Open primaries are another way to repair our polarized party system. Specifically top-two vote getter (TTVG) primaries might ameliorate hyperpartisanship.

Relatedly, we could find alternatives to our winner-take-all system which leads to large areas dominated by one party (see Duverger’s Law). Such alternatives might include instant runoff voting (IRV) or even proportional representation (PR), especially suited for us is the single transferrable vote (STV) with multi-member districts.

On a cautionary note PR can wind up favoring extremist parties “because they can get a foothold and seats in the legislature and force unnatural conditions in which extreme groups hold the balance of power.” The authors note that in Israel the minority interest ultrareligious parties have been able to hold the majority hostage.

We do not have a parliamentary style of gov, yet we have become polarized as one,

In a parliamentary system there are stridently adversarial voices but the majority is not inhibited from enacting its agenda. But in a constitutional system such as ours, with its separation of powers, the majority is limited. This implies that effective government rests on negotiation and compromise. But parliamentary-style polarization has meant that majority power is now limited in a manner exceeding that envsioned by our founders thanks to uncompromising partisans willing to play politics. There is a serious mismatch between our constitutional form and its present parliamentary-style content.

The above source is a good summary of the book Mann & Ornstein “It’s Even Worse Than It Looks”

If Trump were to establish a strong third party via his media outlet, then there is the real possibility of a Trump POTUS. A few years ago, I wondered what would happen to exactly those GOP voters who would leave their party; the Democratic Party could not take back their old Dixiecrats, and Reagan Democrats might follow the Dixiecrats. This is a time of political reckoning or a time of fundamental change in voting processes and govt structure.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Now he's doing a push for racial profiling.

So, he's not racist- he just consistently takes stances that a racist would endorse? Pretty much every time? That about right?

Come on, I thought Trump supporters respected bold honest harshness. He's a racist and his stances support that fact. And he's popular among racists because of his demonization of people based on race and religion.

I hate to say it, but if you don't see it... Well...
edit on 19-6-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

So far this election, both parties have gained support from white supremacists. Trump and Clinton both have been endorsed by white supremacists. It's bad either way, but at least Trump doesn't have a long history of being involved with the KKK the way Clinton does. I don't see how you can be more upset with Trump being endorsed by some racist than Clinton's actual documented history of being involved with them.

But that wouldn't fit the opinion that you got from your favorite blogger or comedian.

Regardless, I've reviewed his policies and none are racist. If you can prove they are, I would love to hear it. However, considering you actually support Communism, I doubt you'll be able to think it through long enough to have a coherent criticism.
edit on 19-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
slightly alarming how many of you are ecstatic over the premise of state controlled media, which this will be if ya vote him in....

In China it sucks, In Russia it sucks, but the orange one, yeah grrreeeaaatt idea. LOl @ tweeting his family to create a media company , I honesty can' t stop laughing at that.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Talk about getting into a format that is on its way out. The 24 cable news network is a shrinking over-saturated market that younger generations do not follow. This would be like opening up a DVD rental chain now. I know Trump has had some spectacular business failures but, even he would not bother entering a near dead format.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

So... what part of racial profiling isn't racist or feed racism?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Can you give an example and explain why you think it was wrong?
edit on 20-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join