It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G4S admits mental evaluation of Orlando killer listed wrong doctor and never took place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Nine years ago, the state of Florida received documentation from a security firm vouching for the mental health of Omar Mateen, who launched a bloody attack this week on Orlando nightclub patrons.

But the psychologist whose name appears on the document in state records said Friday that she never evaluated a man who now ranks as the worst mass killer in American history. In fact, she wasn’t even living in Florida when the evaluation was supposedly completed.

Source

(credit to misfit312 - Link)

Oh look, more strange occurrences surrounding the Orlando shooting. I saw the article and checked back into this thread to see if it had been added.

From the original,

The psychologist who administered the test that established Orlando killer Omar Mateen as mentally fit to carry concealed weapons as a private security guard did the same for another South Florida killer who worked for the same company.

This might lead us to think that both killers were not evaluated by Nudelman. Upon reading, we learn that he did in fact evaluate one of the two.

Nudelman has been in the news before for evaluating a prospective G4S security guard who later turned to violence. In 1998, she passed Paul D. Ahern, who went on a shooting spree in Miami, killing two people and wounding a cop. A British inquest later revealed the company didn’t do enough to vet the man.

The psychologist states: “What I do know is that in September 2007, I was not living or working in Florida, I was not performing any work for Wackenhut, and I did not administer any type of examination to Omar Mateen.”

The company called the discrepancy a “clerical error” and claims that Mateen was still evaluated by another psychologist working at the time. While more information comes out, the odds of this incident being manufactured increases slightly.

A former co-worker, Daniel Gilroy, told the Miami Herald that he had complained to superiors about Mateen’s frequent violent, racist and homophobic tirades. He alleged that the company had ignored him, while G4S said it had no record of those complaints.

As previously stated, Mateen’s co-workers notified their supervisor of his questionable behavior, only to have it ignored. This may have indirectly allowed Mateen’s behavior to develop into a more physical and aggressive state.

On Wednesday, Nudelman’s lawyers released a lengthy statement to various media outlets saying that G4S’ form was a “false document.”

The reason: Nudelman had closed her Florida practice on Jan. 1, 2006 – 21 months before Mateen was supposedly evaluated. “She had no involvement in the psychological screening of individuals for Wackenhut after 2005,” said her lawyers, Taylor Wilson and Lin Wood.

In an email on Friday, the company said Mateen was indeed evaluated by the firm that bought Nudelman’s practice, Headquarters for Psychological Evaluation, owned by Dr. Joanne Bauling. She could not be reached for comment on Friday.

And if all that wasn’t bad enough, the bombshell revelation here is that Mateen wasn't evaluated at all! On Friday, the company (G4S), had this to say...

Mateen was not interviewed by a psychologist, but rather, the psychologist evaluated the results of a standard test used in job screenings.

Holy donuts Batman! The story we’ve been lead to believe is falling apart before our eyes. The lax behavior displayed by G4S has helped Mateen evolve into the killer we unfortunately witnessed in Orlando.

Conspiracies abound, this lack of immediate oversight may had been allowed for select individuals. Sociopaths that are stable enough to blend in with society, but on a deeper level, show promise for future homegrown terrorism.

edit on 18-6-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's interesting that G4S are just as screamingly incompetent in their American operations as they are in their British operations.

Good luck getting somebody to be held accountable for, G4S are, as a company, incredibly good at ducking responsibility for anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nobody can tell what really goes on in the mind of Jekyll and Hyde types.

If you've ever known someone who abuses their spouse or family members, drinks or takes drugs in secret while maintaining a job during the day…

Serial kiilers, rapists, and child abusers move through society by day and we're so surprised when they eventually get found out.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So we should automatically believe "The Company" ?

The discrepancy a is “clerical error” .......

Oh how convenient !!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
It's interesting that G4S are just as screamingly incompetent in their American operations as they are in their British operations.

Good luck getting somebody to be held accountable for, G4S are, as a company, incredibly good at ducking responsibility for anything.

G4S had a conference at a hotel in Britain recently and I heard first-hand how shockingly they behaved. The men were egotistical thugs and the women were swearing loudly like fish-wives. Later it was found that they had brought numerous bottles of cheap wine into the hotel and hid the empty bottles under the tables! It appears that G4S don't care what scum they employ. I'm not surprised they are involved in dubious activities: they are the type that would sell their own grandmothers.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I don't understand how putting the name of a real person on such a document could have been a clerical error if she wasn't even working for them or had any dealings with them at the time.

Clearly they knew who she was for some reason and apparently believed she would not be contacted about it for any reason. I mean if you're putting false information on a form, you would not put the names of real people on there because of the likelihood that if anything unexpected happens, someone might just pick up the phone and call the person and ask them about it.

Or, perhaps it's all just part of the plan. To make it look like current procedures are not good enough (DAMMIT!) and that everything has to be meticulously scrutinized and documented even more than we thought. Which, of course, is perfect for pouring more lard into the bloated bureaucracy and turning all of this into a red tape factory.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

So whether a person believes that the Orlando shooter was a patsy or had "handlers" etc., one thing seems to be clear.

For whatever reason, Govt dropped the ball on several occasions.

But we wont fire anyone or hold anyone accountable.

We'll simply push a watch list to make it easier to strip people of their 2A rights...

edit on 18-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Sounds like there are too many regulations on this particular company and industry, we should let the company/industry regulate themselves.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Thanks for the credit
After doing some looking on the web I don't think for one minute this was a clerical error...

If I were that doctor I would be worried who else they stamped my name on..

Also, how many others did this company falsely push through?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So we should automatically believe "The Company" ?

The discrepancy a is “clerical error” .......

Oh how convenient !!!!

Sounds more to me like the company faked the evaluation.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Looks as though this company is falsifying records and who know what else.

Hope they are cut loose from the government payroll. I doubt it will happen. The US government seems to be a huge cash cow for everyone except the hard working citizen.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I doubt it, they have almost a million employees world wide. They fall in the too big to fail category and write their own rules.

Sure, there'll be a smack down of some sort, a few time outs, a termination or two and possibly some hiring policy changes. But give it some time and it will be business as usual.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Probably. No wonder the corruption never ends. I'm thrilled they provide security at some sensitive locations. As big a deal security has been made into. it's bound to just become routine business of making money.

new topics

top topics

join