It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headless naked corpse found by castle Frankenstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The Link

BERLIN (Reuters) - German police are investigating the discovery of a headless body near castle Frankenstein in Germany, a ruin many see as the inspiration for the novel about the mad scientist who made a monster from body parts.

Police said on Tuesday the naked male corpse was found by a couple in a car park in the southwestern town of Darmstadt some two miles (3.2 km) from the castle, but added it had probably been moved.

The mediaeval castle was the birthplace in 1673 of Johann Konrad Dippel von Frankenstein, a controversial alchemist famous for his avid interest in the creation of artificial life. He was also rumoured to have experimented with human body parts.

Many say he inspired the character of Victor Frankenstein in Mary Shelley's 1818 novel, itself later the source of countless spin-offs and horror films. Dippel died mysteriously in 1734.

Local police dismissed suggestions of any link between the castle, a popular tourist attraction among gothic thrill-seekers, and the decapitated man as "absurd".

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I very suspect of this article. What I mean is, I'm finding it hard to believe Reuters would publish this.

Mary Shelly's novel was based on the fear's Mary had of what nightmares mankind could create through technology (i.e. the supplanting of man-made endeavors over acts previously reserved for God). She wrote it (at I believe the age of 14) during the Industrial Revelution that was taking place in Europe.

So for this article to create this whole "body parts and artificial life" connection is a bit bizarre...and I don't even have to point out, incredible.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
the head needs to be the freshest...naturally...

Hehe...Reuters and sensationalism...who knew?

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I just thought it was a cool little story your mind could run wild with...

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   
One of our local gossip magzine displayed a couple pictures which seems to be a caucasian woman hangin upside down in a damed kitchen.
What shocked the people was right next to the hangin woman, a oriental looking man was chopping away like what you see in those places selling roasted pork.
The sources of those pictures came from an unknown mail.

new topics

top topics

join