It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium arrests 12 in counter-terrorism raids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: DBCowboy

When is a withdraw not a surrender?

When you should not have been there in the first place.

Build a time machine then get back to me.

Really, I hate this. "we shouldn't have been there in the first place". Well, too damned bad. We're there.

And when you do not surrender. But focus on defense - at home.

so we wait until we're attacked and invaded before doing anything.

good plan.

Unfortunately that will never happen, because Hillary has to protect the "nuclear monopoly" of Israel.

So we're hating Israel and Israel is the causes of ISIS and fanatical Islamic attacks.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: atomish
I like Trump, but no. I don't like such ignorance. And come on geography is so simple!

Though it was you saying it, so please don't be so ignorant of geography

Don't worry, I know my geography a little better than I let on.

My tongue was firmly planted in cheek with my original post. Sorry for the confusion, I like to sneak little jabs in on the Orange-Faced God when I can.

ETA: I do honestly think Belgium is a beautiful country though, just to clarify.

edit on 6/18/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No, he isn't a god. Trump's real.

I've never been there, though I have family in Brussels.
edit on 18-6-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
No, he isn't a god. Trump's real.

Hahaha, indeed. Touche!

I've never been there, though I have family in Brussels.

Unfortunately, neither have I. But like you, I have family (half-brother, niece and nephew) in the area (Belgium, Germany) and it has been near the top of my list of countries to visit for a long time.

So far, I've only been able to experience vicariously through their words and pictures and what can be found online.

Don't want to start venturing off topic more than I may have already, but it was nice talking to you. Hope you and yours have a great weekend.
edit on 6/18/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Same to you and your close ones. I'll avoid saying so to not derail anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Really, I hate this. "we shouldn't have been there in the first place". Well, too damned bad. We're there.

This isn't a war that can be won with invasion, the enemy fights by attacking soft targets, not military.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Then we need to change the way we fight them.

We need to be so horrible, so vile and nasty, so brutal and savage, that they will crap themselves at the thought of attacking us.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Then we need to change the way we fight them.

We need to be so horrible, so vile and nasty, so brutal and savage, that they will crap themselves at the thought of attacking us.

Who do we counterattack though? ISIS isn't a nation that we can invade, and even if they were the other terrorist groups aren't. It's a decentralized enemy so a centralized response would be ineffective. We don't have the authority to just go into every country in the ME and start hunting people down, and even if we did they would just scurry to other countries and hide like India, China, and everywhere in Europe.

The only people that I think we can viably attack are their financiers because that typically involves a centralized power to collect and spend money but even then, it would involve pinpoint attacks and not large military actions.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Taking the war to them wouldn't be easy, but it is doable if we changed our ROE.

But even discussing it is probably a waste of time. Neither you or I are in charge.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Now, only three of the twelve are arrested, the rest is released again.
When i wrote my first comment, about the patsies, i though about asking how long it would take till they are released again, because of no evidence and the usual stuff...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Good luck getting Israel to agree.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If only the authorities had read ATS! People have been talking about the influx of refugees in Europe leading to more acts of terrorism for months on this site. Reminds me of when I was in Afghanistan,jokingly asking the Afghan troops where Bin Laden was. They all said Pakistan! Sure enough, 2 years later, found him in Pakistan. Seriously though, I'm glad that they didn't hush this up for the sake of not offending delicate little feelings.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

me: And when you do not surrender. But focus on defense - at home.

you: so we wait until we're attacked and invaded before doing anything.

This is something i still don't understand about the American psyche.
On one hand it s this attitude of "we are the greatest, the best, we have the best and biggest army" on the other hand it seems to be the most scared nation and even Americans don't trust their military to defend themselves.

spending trillions to instigate in about 3/4 of all countries worldwide, but failing to protect the own country at home.

And this is not an attempt to bash, I just simply don't get this kind of double think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join