It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault on Trump, real or fabricated?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It seems to me there is a media assault on Trump. I see "Trump losing support of the GOP" "Trumps support is sliding downward in the polls". "The people of all nations, hate Trump" "Mexico will build its own wall if Trump becomes president" (Ok I made the last one up.) etc etc.

Up here in Red Neck Territory, his popularity has surged, so what is going on? Is he really losing in the polls? Or are we being conditioned to believe Killary is going to win? Lets face it, no matter how we vote, she is going to win, but I dont see us shutting up like the pussy Bernie people who know the election was rigged. Millions of votes thrown away. And you dont hear a peep about it. I just dont see the Trump camp rolling over when Killary steals the office.

Its a lot like what is going on with Britain and the Brexit vote. The Oligarchy isnt going to give up its cash cow without a major war. And neither will the corrupt US establishment. Our votes arent worth the paper its written on. After all they know what is best for everyone else. Just ask them they will tell you, we are all too stupid to govern ourselves.

So Im wondering, has the events of the last few days, and Trumps response to the Terrorist problem, influenced how you plan to vote?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Still voting Trump.
He's going to be the next POTUS...The Press and the Establishment hasn't made him...and it won't stop him.
Nobody REALLY wants Clinton...EVERYONE knows she's corrupt...even the Dems.

People just think it sounds better to SAY they support her.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Referendums aren't legally binding, just opinion polls. Gives everyone a chance to state their position, at the end of the day nothing has been changed.

At least in the EU they state it right out, over here we still lie to the people, i.e., their vote has some effect on the trend or direction the country is heading.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
My policy is to assume that EVERYTHING in the media is fabricated (and/or manipulated) until proven otherwise (Which can never happen). Might be. Might not be. There's no way to know. They're never going to come out and admit their bias and how they manipulate people and stories and rearrange facts and other things to make things appear to be somewhat different than they are. Doesn't take much to change the overall idea the viewer/reader gets from something.
edit on 18-6-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
From my point of view the people have been conditioned over the last two or so years to not trust the establishment, now they are trying to make it seem as though Trump is an outsider by hounding him constantly. They know that talking bad about him is driving his numbers up which is why they keep doing it constantly.

Trump is as establishment as they come. He has far too many connections not to be.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
with Trump:

The media assault is real.

They use fabricated stories.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump is as establishment as they come. He has far too many connections not to be.

But that is just it. He is but then again, they ALL are. So this whole thing is just a farce. There is no way to choose anything that isn't establishment and even if there was, the general public is not knowledgeable or competent enough to make an informed choice anyway. Most likely if there ever is a real antiestablishment candidate who gets a real chance, it will be someone you wouldn't want in charge.

The system is bad and corrupt and the only people who are qualified to run a system like this one are people who are just as corrupt as it is. To try and make any real difference at all is going to cause a lot of instability and chaos and personally, I don't need that in my life. That is what really drives most people back to the establishment every time. Eventually people realize that voting for asshats who promise "change" is dangerous and the consequences will haunt them for decades.
edit on 18-6-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
My policy is to assume that EVERYTHING in the media is fabricated (and/or manipulated) until proven otherwise (Which can never happen). Might be. Might not be. There's no way to know. They're never going to come out and admit their bias and how they manipulate people and stories and rearrange facts and other things to make things appear to be somewhat different than they are. Doesn't take much to change the overall idea the viewer/reader gets from something.

Pretty much the way I look at the media and polls. They are all well constructed satire, just enough truth to make it seem real and plenty of BS to make it entertaining. The only difference between say "theonion.com" and any MSM site is the onion tells you the truth, that they are parody and satire.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

has the events of the last few days, and Trumps response to the Terrorist problem, influenced how you plan to vote?

Uh, no. I won't be voting for either of these tools because I refuse to compromise my principles to that extent.

Lets face it, no matter how we vote, she is going to win

That's all too true and the polls you cite and the turn in media coverage are all orchestrated to support the ultimate vote count in favor of Hilary. The election system is entirely corrupt and produces counterfeit results.

As to the terrorist problem, this election wouldn't change anything. From what I've been seeing, the Obama administration has crafted and invoked rules of engagement by which the FBI and DHS must operate that insure that the FBI and DHS can't effectively counter these attacks. The Democrat operatives in the Agencies and Rules making authorities like the Justice Department, and courts wouldn't allow Trump to change anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Pretty much the way I look at the media and polls. They are all well constructed satire, just enough truth to make it seem real and plenty of BS to make it entertaining. The only difference between say "theonion.com" and any MSM site is the onion tells you the truth, that they are parody and satire.

Cheers - Dave

Well, and of course there are some other differences. With a site like the onion, you have one site that's giving you a completely implausible story that sounds like BS and you can actually check it against thousands of other sites that are actually presenting a different story.

With the MSM, what you have is a syndicate that gets it's story straight and presents exactly the same story across all the MSM. It might be complete BS but it sounds completely plausible in the contest of all the other BS that's been fabricated over many years. And the main thing is they all tell the same story so if you want to disagree with it, you seem to be going up against thousands of well respected names (Even though it should be obvious that a story that is exactly the same, word for word, across every media outlet comes from basically one original source).

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Or are we being conditioned to believe Killary is going to win?.......My policy is to assume that EVERYTHING in the media is fabricated

In the Australasian region the media is preparing us for Hillary as POTUS, she gets very little to no negative coverage whilst Trump is portrayed as a buffoon who will plunge the planet into chaos with his racist intolerance, bad hair and xenowall.

Based on your comments there, take from that what you will.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
It seems to me there is a media assault on Trump.

No doubt, there is a media assault on Trump. But he hands them every tool they need. Day after day, he gives them (and the Never Trump folks) all the ammunition they might need and more.

Up here in Red Neck Territory, his popularity has surged, so what is going on?

I think the answer is contained in the question. Some people LOVE that he's anti-Muslim, anti-Mexican, xenophobic and so on, because they are, too! They love that he will say whatever he wants, without regard to how people may take it. He makes comments against women, disabled, war heroes, Obama (whose approval numbers are quite high) and talks about robbing people of their religious freedoms. He's going rogue on the GOP and we know how that works out. Some people LOVE that he has no diplomacy, no manners and no sense of tact, because they don't either.

Is he really losing in the polls?

Of course he is. All the time he was winning in the polls, no one ever questioned them. He bragged and touted the polls (as did his followers). But the minute he starts tanking, due to the facts that 1. He won't listen to anyone and thinks he knows best how to run a campaign, and 2. A general election is a different animal from the primaries, all of a sudden, the polls are wrong or manipulated by the media??? That's Donald Trump Victimhood. He plays that card well.

OF COURSE he will blame the media, Hillary, the left, Obama, the GOP, and the freckle on his left buttock before he'd take responsibility for ANYTHING. Everything he's experiencing is his own doing. The media is not as powerful as many like to think. They're giving it their all, but only Trump can sink his boat, and he's doing that quite well.

I dont see us shutting up like the pussy Bernie people who know the election was rigged. ...And you dont hear a peep about it.

They don't talk about that on FOX. But the Bernie people are not shutting up. They are very involved in the political revolution, not to get him elected president, but to get his agenda into Hillary's platform. Bernie is going to the convention and if he loses the primary fair and square (according to current election rules), he will keep his word and support the Dem nominee. It's not all about becoming president for him. It's about getting his agenda into the Dem platform. He's also very busy working on down-ballot races.

Brand New Congress
Many Bernie Supporters Not Conceding

So Im wondering, has the events of the last few days, and Trumps response to the Terrorist problem, influenced how you plan to vote?

Absolutely not.
edit on 6/18/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Trump and the media go hand in hand, he sores and drops in ratings just like cnn, msnbc, fox.

Its a match made in heaven there all terrible.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's like a friend asked me... " they say that, but who do you actually know that says they are voting for Hillary?".... No one.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
with Trump:

The media assault is real.

They use fabricated stories.

It's usually direct quotes from the ridiculous things he says, so they aren't making it up.

Trump sorta just invites all this upon himself. If he didn't talk all crazy like, he'd probably be doing much better among ALL voters, as opposed to his core group of white, old and disgruntled.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It's real.

They did this with McCain too.

Remember how the media used to praise McCain all the time for being "the Maverick!" and being able to work across the aisle? Then as soon as he got the nomination they started the drumbeat about how he was too old and was going to drop dead mid-term (we can see how well that prediction came to pass), how he was too dumb to use technology because he couldn't type (due to old war wounds, but nevermind that little fact), and other such things.

This is the same playbook. Just ignore it. Hopefully, most of the public is wise to this by now since it's been done for every election cycle since dirt was young.

**EDIT**

And to add, no it won't change my vote because I expect it, and after this last attack, one candidate will call a spade a spade at least while the other will continue using language that leads to this:

If we can at least start aiming our blame in part of the right direction, I'd rather we do that. With Hillary, all that will happen is that we will continue to be led to blame the tool and each other.
edit on 18-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I still maintain that Trump will bail before the convention. Health problem....no guts for the long haul till November.

Also he reads the polls and his ego won't let him go down as a loser. His cable channel is already in the works according to rumors in the biz. To me that's an indication he really never wanted the nomination in the first place. Brilliant marketing strategy Mr. Trump!!

www.cnbc.com...

Adios Don...it was fun while it lasted! btw....can I send you my resume? Could I be your rep. down in Jamaica perhaps.

edit on 18-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well, I know that the Huffington Post has launched an all out assault on The Donald. Not surprising since Arianna Huffington vowed to use her publication for just that. Honestly, you can't fair and balanced news regarding this election and its candidates anywhere!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think if Trump were to clean up his language a bit and become stately..if he didn't abandon his views, but learned how to relay them in a less hammer to your skull way..then he would win potus quite easily.

Not because his views are awesome..people simply dont like hillary much with all this dodgy corruption stuff going on, her seemingly only care to become potus just to become potus (not a convincing visionary), and the left has had a huge..massive backlash against the latest hyper-pc stuff..I cant tell you how many liberals in the past 4 years have jumped off the left due to progressives sinking the ship with anti-liberal safe space bullcrap.
That is going to effect the party bigtime.

But..even with all the rotten things going on in the hillary camp...trump is a slightly harder sell..simply because its like electing a swarm of bees. Lots of his views are sensible (plenty aren't)

Anyhow, polls show hillary in the lead..and unless trump goes to charm school..he will most likely lose. You can dismiss polls of course...the right dismissed them for 2 elections now and both times wondered how they lost..even though the polls showed exactly that leading up..I see nothing changed, so..prepare for another cycle of confusion.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Total b.s. you know that right? Total b.s.
That man is a train wreck. He's a loser, he's undereducated , uninformed and unfit to be president and we need to do EVERYTHING we can to keep that lowlife away from the white house.
He will not be elected. Not without women and Latinos and African Americans and Muslims and whoever he insulted this week. 70% disapproval rating.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join