It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a photo a good friend took... Very Weird !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Okay, let me fill you in on the details of how this picture came about. My good friend Jay was in his room watching TV with his girlfriend and, according to Jay, he heard a knock on his window and he assumed it was me (I said I might stop by that night)... so he grabbed his digital camera and was going to surprise me by taking a quick picture as soon as he opened the blinds to scare the crap out of me (super bright flash + night time = good way to surprise someone). He opened up the blinds and took this photograph, but there was nobody outside his window... so he didn't think anything of it.

A few months later (right before Summer '04), he was backing up all of the photos from his memory card to a CD, and he noticed this picture in the mix. Something caught his eye. When you look at this picture, you will see it, too!

My friend Jay isn't too computer-savvy... that is to say I had to teach him how to burn a cd, copy the photos off of his digital camera, and how to download music properly... so his level of computer knowledge isn't that great. That is the one thing that trips me out about this picture so much, simply because he just does not have the computer know-how to manipulate a picture.

He called me up and told me to come over right away because he wanted to show me "something creepy" in his words. So I went over to his house and I was pretty amazed at what I saw here.

In the photo, you can clearly see where his camera is, where the flash is, his hand on the camera, and his forehead and baseball hat (right above the camera). He was standing right in front of the window as he took this picture, yet when you look down near the bottom of the window, you see a little figure of some sort. Now, you can CLEARLY see that this "man" is wearing dark sunglasses, a blue shirt, and seems to have some sort of suspenders on (we debated whether or not this was a gun holster, because near his left armpit it seems like it). This "man" also has no legs. ALSO, he would have to be 2 inches tall. The grass is DIRECTLY behind him (my friend's room is below-ground and the window is ground-level) and he seems to be within the grass. Another amazing aspect is when you zoom in a bunch, everything in the photo gets really blurry while this little character stays fairly focused and sharp, atleast moreso than the rest of the picture.

A couple of weeks ago, a long-time friend of ours, John, was up in town and we showed him this picture and he was flabbergasted as well. And he's the biggest skeptic I know! He kept looking at the photo all night on the computer while me and Jay were watching TV. He came into the room and told us he believes it was some sort of ghost, which shocked the hell out of both me and Jay. John also said that when you zoom in a bunch, it appears as though this little figure is actually suspended within the grass, as he appears BEHIND the crack in Jay's window, but I'm not too sure about that one.

I just wanted to post this on here to see what others think of it. It really is quite strange. My friend hears a knock thinking its me, takes a picture to surprise me, turns out nobody is there, and then this little man appears in the photo!

I am fairly convinced that something is very screwy with that picture. Sadly, I bet most everyone will assume this has been doctored or that it is a reflection. For the reflection argument, all I have to say is that Jay was standing DIRECTLY behind the camera as he took the picture, so unless he had some crazy electronics built into his shirt, I don't know where this would have been reflecting from. For the doctoring argument, all I can say is that my friend Jay simply does not have the know-how with computers to manipulate images.

This JPEG photo is 1,119,252 bytes (1.07mb) just to let you know. The link is below. Please make your judgements and post replies! I would like to see some feedback on this...

littlemaninthewindow.jpg

[edit on 17-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Looks like the reflection of an action figure in the window.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well, why would an action figure reflect that well and that large in the picture when his hand or hat barely reflected? He was standing a foot from the window.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Looks like the reflection of an action figure in the window.

Id have to agree. The bad guy from the matrix specifically. Ive seen an action figure of him at Spencers at the mall here in the same white buttonup shirt, dark sunglasses and arms forward at the shoulder pointing down, just like the reflection. The figures are pretty cool. There is a whole line of them. Very detailed.

Edite:

The shoulder gun holsters were the give away.

[edit on 1/16/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
yeah looks like a holster. I think its a reflection, not of Jay but of a person on his tv set reflecting on the glass.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yeah, we all thought it looked like Agent Smith as well. My friend Jay is 20 years old. I find it hard to imagine he would have an action figure. I also find it hard to imagine he would have reacted the way over this picture that he did. I'm open to the possibility it could have been a reflection of something, but as I stated before, my friend Jay is standing RIGHT THERE like a foot away from the window when he took the picture. And how would the reflection be so detailed (you can see the collar on his shirt) when you can hardly see the reflection of Jay's hat or hand in the photo? Hell, I have no friggin' clue what this is! I just thought it was very strange, so I decided to post it.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm going to have to say it's the reflection of the television in the window. look at how the man's torso is cut off in the reflection in a streight line.

Whatever it is it's a reflection from inside the room. The reflected image is much too clear to be coming from outside the window where everything is blurry and out of focus , not to mention that the man would have to have been lit up by some light source to appear as bright as he is. (and you can also see where the lower left hand corner of the man goes OVER the crack in the glass (meaning it's reflecting off the surface of the glass.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Greyhaven7]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpyomna
Yeah, we all thought it looked like Agent Smith as well. My friend Jay is 20 years old. I find it hard to imagine he would have an action figure.

Awwwww, C'mon! Im 32 and I have more starwars action figures and old original toys that I collect, then most kids have toys!
I will NEVER grow up
Well, except for when my daughter needs me.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Kidfinger is Comicbook man !

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I wish I had the sequence of photos Jay took that night. He took a couple of pics of his room shortly after that and they were watching Family Guy... I don't recall an Agent Smith type character from Family Guy anywhere. But hey, it could have been a reflection from the TV somehow (which would have been directly behind Jay), in which case I'm going to whoop him upside the head.

thanks for all the replies on this by the way

[edit on 16-1-2005 by tpyomna]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Kidfinger is Comicbook man !

Close. Old original starwars action figures/Video gams/and a healthy dose of Sci-fi and crime drama.
Micheal Slade is one of the best authors. Check ot Ripper

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's unlikely to be an Agent Smith figure because from what I remember, Smith wore a white shirt and black tie. The shirt & tie of the figure on the picture are both blue.

The head looks more like Arnold Schwarzenegger than anyone else I can recognise - Is there an action figure of him in a role other than the Terminator ? - True Lies or something like that ?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
ya thats definetly agent smith.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
look close, theres a goatee and it looks like hes sunburnt and balding.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
the more you look at the picture the more you notice haha. this was the problem with looking at it. thats why i posted on here to get many other opinions. yet again, thanks for the replies. i also thought it looked like he was slightly balding and/or sunburnt because the forehead looks very reddish.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
i agree. the reflection dosen't have any kind of sign that this was something strange. i see these kind of reflections all the time.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
when I think about it, an action figure, reflection of one, or reflection from the TV does explain why the head looks all read. It infact looks simply kinda stretched, and if u tried hard u could makeup a receading headline on the sides and the top of the red area. I noticed the sunglasses look weird though, like they are properly on one ear but have fallen off the other, exposing his eye. He also appears to be wearing a blue tie, almost matching with his slightly baggy blue shirt.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
OK, OK, I admit it... It was me in your garden I'm really, really sorry.....

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i couldnt find an agent smith toy like that anywhere online, maybe its just a picture of him or its on tv as said before. besides, it looks too big and detailed to be a toy, and even though you claim it wasent doctored that could EASILY be done on photoshop, even by someone with no knowhow

[edit on 17-1-2005 by waltzonthesun]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Next time you want to emphasize a detail please edit the pic to show the enlarged detail, but also show a SMALLER picture of the entire shot. I have to scroll into the kitchen to see one corner to another. Your friend was obviously under surviellance for illegal growing activities. His "surprise" visit to the window with his digital camera caught the feds performing surveillance off-guard.

[edit on 1-17-2005 by groingrinder]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join