It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Poll: Americans Hopeful on 2nd Bush Term

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

The Associated Press-Ipsos poll on President Bush's second term is based on telephone interviews with 1,000 adults from all states except Alaska and Hawaii. The interviews were conducted Jan. 10-12 by Ipsos Public Affairs.

Results were weighted to represent the population by demographic factors such as age, sex, region and education.

No more than one time in 20 should chance variations in the sample cause the results to vary by more than 3 percentage points from the answers that would be obtained if all Americans were polled.

www.sfgate.com.../news/archive/2005/01/16/national1230EST0443.DTL

You're kidding me right? 1,000 adults interspersed through the 48 continental? All you have to do is bring up a database containing die hard Republicans and offset it with a couple to the contrary.....how many of those polled were of african descent, because 90% voted against Bush....This is just another example of diluting the media with "biased fact." Great, NBC got ahold of it, so this piece of info is going to be taken more seriously than it deserves.....

Furthermore I don't think this poll reflects approval for GW more than the apathy and naivety of the people...

[edit on 16-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Jsobecky, you know the Bush saying....

You're either with us or against us.

If he were MY choice of president and i defended him from the rooftops It would be a little silly for me to do this and say i dont approve of the war. It all goes together. You either like him or you dont, you approve or you dont. I listen to Matt Drudge Sunday nights for the fun of it. Matt is an example of what im trying to say here. On one breath he says Bush is THE man and how lucky we are. Takes another breath and starts tearing down the Patriot Act, cameras in cities, the inauguration and the expenses that go with it, Terror threats, airport security......You name it, he tears it down.
Life doesnt quite work this way.
You cant have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Jsobecky, you know the Bush saying....

You're either with us or against us.

If he were MY choice of president and i defended him from the rooftops It would be a little silly for me to do this and say i dont approve of the war. It all goes together. You either like him or you dont, you approve or you dont.
Life doesnt quite work this way.
You cant have it both ways.

You know that the quote was regarding the war on terror. Trying to make it sound like you must prefer Diet Pepsi because Bush does is just plain silly.

Life does work that way, dg. If there were no compromise, there would be no society. We would be living in an autocratic world if that were the case.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Jsobecky, i think you have to be careful what you wish for.....

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ok people lets get to the survey area and lets fill some surveys to change the polls in the US.

They are only targeting Bush friendly people.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
None of you have problems accepting polls when they're favorable to your point of view...

Polls are done in a scientific manner. You only have to match real poll results, such as with the election, to those of polls done by places like Rasmussen and you'll find they are accurate.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Pollster to citizen: I see you have a GWB '04 sticker on the back of your SUV/Lexus/mud covered truck with gun rack, would you care to take a survey?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Approval or non-approval is not the reason why alot of people voted for Bush again. Here's the scenario: One of the worst doctrines I think that could've ever been put into play considering what America really stands for when people come here to be free, "Manifest Destiny-The Monroe Doctrine" is cloaked by an offensive defense to the real America. Some in the world who see horrible things around them come to hate America for what they are told by their parents, and by "American" actions both secretive and upfront. Some of these people end up with alot of money by inheritance, good business, or by choosing a profession that if they get lucky will rake it in (the black market). The people who have all the money bring weapons, etc. and give others without the money the option to fight instead of fall in the balance of what they have come to believe America stands for. The way those with money entice volunteers for a "Jihad" is by coloring the war against America with the convictions of a religious zealot. The outcome of this brainwashing to what Islam really stands for is fear with on offensive on both sides of the Pacific and Atlantic. Now consider what would happen if Kerry were now president. Great things could happen that have nothing to do with war for the next 4 to 8 years. Meanwhile, those who abuse their money and power to control become more powerful both politically and militarily, (show me a country whos political leaders came into power this way and did not have some problem with a form of dictatorship afterward).

The way I see it I'd love for Kerry to be president right now if I didn't think give or take 5-15 years down the road that person who only wants one nuclear weapon would get a hold of one and use it as dictators do. Sure, that could happen under Bush as well, but not near as likely a part of the imagination (even when he has forced that kind of hand more quickly).

I'd like it if we were more like Switzerland. Nobody invades them primarily because they are a neutral country, (and likely because almost every household has a military issued automatic weapon from mandatory service after highschool). The point to all this is the better of two evils was probably the reason why people voted for Bush. Who knows exactly whether Kerry would've beaten him if there was an unbiased recount of every vote. Overall I'd rather have a president who puts their foot down to the crap thrown around in the world. Even if I don't think we should be the worlds police force, (especially not telling people in other countries what their values should be) are the people in the countries we are involved with afterward not happier with their everyday lives? I hope I did not anger anyone with what I've said here but to clear up pieces of why Bush was voted to stay in office while alot of what he's ordered in the last two years has been disapproved of by the general public. What groups get questioned by the way that helped "polers" come up with those percentages? Anyone here been asked to take part in those? Not me.....

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hopeful about a second term you say . . .

Makes me think of the woman who marries a man who killed his first wife, she knows that first wife must have been a horrible person.

Now for the real punch line. What about women who marry a man who has killed two of his previous wives? *shrug* Hope Springs Eternal.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Bush told the Washington Post that the election was a big thumbs
for his Iraq War policy.

The US electorate effectively expressed its support for the war on Iraq by re-electing George W. Bush to a second term as president, Bush said, calling the election an "accountability moment" for mistakes and misjudgments in the justification and execution of the war.

www.taipeitimes.com...

Bush the Lier, Pharisee Christian
Bush the GrandSon of Nazis

Bush jumped on a plane leaving wife Laura to possibly die at the White House(9/11/01).Bush out of contact with public for hours because Bush thinks the President is more important than the people.

Bush wants to stuff trillions of dollars from the Social Security Trust Fund into the rich people's pockets on Wall Street because Bush thinks rich people are more important than a fair deal for the American taxpayers.

Bush wants to give millions of illegals amnesty because Bush favors criminals over honest hardworking Americans.

Bush is working with a foreign presidente(Fox) to open our borders to millions of guest workers because Bush favors the foreigner's rights to that of American citizens.

Bode Bliss

[edit on 1/17/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The election campaign by Bush was one of extreme fear. How could anybody come away feeling positive about our future when a man who spoke mainly about "terrests" and what they could do to the United States is going to regain leadership for another four years? Gloom may have risen from the democrat side, but doom was the only thing that republicans pushed. Doom is what you will get.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So I guess I'm in the minority when I wake up in a cold sweat after having nightmares of a nuke going off in a major US city, or the countless survival camp dreams I've had.
Is false hope better than no hope?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Nemithesis,

The consensus is Bush has left our borders totally open. We are at no hope at all of security. Bush doesn't want to stop the flow of illegals. Terrorists can just walk right in with them. What does Bush care his presidency is about robbing the public blind. He just wants to make sure he's safe so he can get away with stealing all he can. That's his legacy.

Bode Bliss

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Nemithesis,

The consensus is Bush has left our borders totally open. We are at no hope at all of security. Bush doesn't want to stop the flow of illegals. Terrorists can just walk right in with them. What does Bush care his presidency is about robbing the public blind. He just wants to make sure he's safe so he can get away with stealing all he can. That's his legacy.

Bode Bliss

Answers my question, but certainly doesn't help with my nightmares.

I still have a shimmer of light however.... I always survive in all my dreams.

And I usually play a big role in the aftermath survival of whatever group I'm in.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I often get the feeling that the so called , "christians" are trying hasten the rapture. If it were to occur none of them would be selected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join