It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Poll: Americans Hopeful on 2nd Bush Term

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sixty percent of those polled by the Associated Press are optimistic about the President Bush's second term. More than sixty percent said that Bush is "likable, strong, and intelligent." More than fifty percent said that he is "dependable and honest."

www.comcast.net< br /> A majority of Americans say they feel hopeful about President Bush's second term, but those hopes are clouded by doubts about when the bloodshed in Iraq will end.

People say Iraq should be the president's highest priority, according to an Associated Press poll that found that those surveyed are not optimistic a stable government will take hold there.

After winning re-election, Bush is preparing to pursue an ambitious agenda that includes efforts to change Social Security, federal tax laws and medical malpractice awards.

Ahead of Bush's inauguration on Thursday, six in 10 people said they feel hopeful about his second term and 47 percent said they were worried. Most said they were neither angry nor excited about his final four years in office.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

George W. Bush faces the most perilous times of the last sixty years or more. He has proven himself to be a fearless leader, who is both strong and compassionate. This poll seems to reflect that even though there is uncertainty, most Americans have hope for the future. That is a good thing.

Related News Links:
www.sfgate.com
www.kten.com
www.nbc11.com

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The times are perilous, of his making. And already the manipulation of polls has begun.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
He has proven himself to be a fearless leader, who is both strong and compassionate.

Not in this lifetime, in any position he has held.

Here's what the article really drew from the poll:

"Ahead of Bush's inauguration on Thursday, six in 10 people said they feel hopeful about his second term and 47 percent said they were worried. Most said they were neither angry nor excited about his final four years in office."

Poor PR. They could at least make things credible to the Lowest Common Denominator by having tabulations that even appear to add up to 100%.

Good luck to the "hopeful", they shall not inherit America. They will pass the biggest debt in US history on to their children and their children's children. The gang in power cares nothing for any of that.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well grady what do you expect we are stuck with "It" for another 4 years kind of to late to cry about it don't you think?

Now as my oppinion on him,
that goes for intelligence and
That is for compashioned.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I wonder who these polled folks are. Even in Arizona you dont meet many people with this optimistic outlook

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Always take time to read the related news links:

The Associated Press-Ipsos poll on President Bush's second term is based on telephone interviews with 1,000 adults from all states except Alaska and Hawaii. The interviews were conducted Jan. 10-12 by Ipsos Public Affairs.

Results were weighted to represent the population by demographic factors such as age, sex, region and education.

No more than one time in 20 should chance variations in the sample cause the results to vary by more than 3 percentage points from the answers that would be obtained if all Americans were polled.

www.sfgate.com.../news/archive/2005/01/16/national1230EST0443.DTL

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
The times are perilous, of his making. And already the manipulation of polls has begun.

I don't really believe much in polls, but I find it rather interesting that some people find some polls as the truth, when the polls favor their views, while if the polls opposed their views they quickly call it "manipulation"....

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"manipulation" works both ways, you know.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I just replied to a similare thread earlier with the same reply Im giving here. Gallup polls have thier pools showing a different story.

George W. Bush Approval Rating

Most
Recent

52% Approve

44% Disapprove
2005 Jan

--------------------------------------------------------

State of the Country" Satisfaction Rating

Most
Recent

46% Approve

53% Disapprove
2005 Jan

---------------------------------------------------------

Economic Confidence Ratings

Most
Recent Highest Lowest

41% Approve

59% Disapprove

2005 Jan

---------------------------------------------------

www.gallup.com...

Polls dont mean to much. Apparently, according to gallup, 53% of America approves of Bush, but only 41% of the people approve of his economic stratigy. Only 46% are satisfied with the state of our country. Now which is it. Do they approve of Bush, or do they not approve of his policies. If you approve Bush as president, you obviously approve of the job he's doing. So why dont the numbers match up?

[edit on 1/16/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I do surveys in my spared time the people Ipsos is one of the companies that send surveys to me here is their opening adverstisment page and by the way they are paid to do this.

i-Say would like to offer you the opportunity to win valuable cash prizes or cool merchandise, while making your opinion known. To become eligible for these incentives all you need to do is participate in our online market research surveys. You can take these short surveys at your own convenience.

Your participation in these surveys helps our clients to improve their products and services. By participating in our surveys you not only become eligible for cash and prizes but you may also get a chance to see new products and services before the general public. To become a member just click on the " Begin Survey " button and fill out our short Membership survey. We estimate that the survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.

Everyone who completes the Membership survey will automatically be entered into our sweepstakes for $1000. In addition, each month you're on our panel you'll be entered into our monthly half & half draw for $250 and an additional $250 goes to the charity of your choice!

Actually this is from the link on one of their e-mails to me, and when you fill their "matching survey list" they target you with the "rights surveys" so much for manipulation.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The value of a poll depends on several factors. One is the sample and most polling agencies have this down pat. It is too easy to spot sampling errors and bad methodology. Another is how the questions are presented and whether or not they bias the answers. The questions are given in one of the articles I cited. And the third is how the user of the poll results intends to use the results and maybe that's the stickiest part.

Perhaps the most encouraging thing about this poll is that it seems to say that now that the furor over the election is beginning to wane, people are beginning to have more realistic expectations about the future. People do express concerns, but collectively there is hope. Most people are willing to give the President the benefit of the doubt with regard to policy and admit that he is a good man doing the best he can in the toughest position in the world today.

Even though, most polled believe that a stable government is unlikely in Iraq, a very large percentage do believe that it is a possibility. For myself, I think that it is possible, but will take much time, effort and bloodshed to accomplish and it would seem that that is the collective opinion of the nation.

If the poll can be considered the pulse of the nation, then I would say that the pulse is within normal limits.

[edit on 05/1/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

If you approve Bush as president, you obviously approve of the job he's doing. So why dont the numbers match up?

[edit on 1/16/05 by Kidfinger]
I question this as well. If you like him, then you agree with everything he's doing. How can you possibly be behind a man if you dont approve?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
people are willing to give the President the benefit of the doubt with regard to policy and admit that he is a good man doing the best he can in the toughest position in the world today.

I completly agree. The problem is, if this is his best...........well, it leaves a lot to be desired in a president. Granted, this is just my own humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here is the skinny on Ipsos. They do a variety of social and marketing research and there is nothing that would indicate that they are dishonest in their methods.

www.ipsos.com...

www.ipsos.com...

[edit on 05/1/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
No they are not dishonest Grady they just target you by the way you fill your preferences form.

It said it clear, you fill the form and they will match you with the "right" surveys for you, so If is asked on a survey what party I voted in the elections they will target me with the response I give.

I fill about 3 to 4 surveys a week for different subjects. I do get paid for most of them and they are fun.

By the way I had surveys on the election and on the candidates.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

as posted by Marg6043
No they are not dishonest Grady they just target you by the way you fill your preferences form.

It said it clear, you fill the form and they will match you with the "right" surveys for you, so If is asked on a survey what party I voted in the elections they will target me with the response I give.

Marg?
Oh, do you mean like how those exit pollsters did (targeting mainly women, etc.) when applied to the inflated exit poll numbers that had Kerry winning the election this past November?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Marg, there is a difference in marketing research and political research. It is not uncommon for pollsters to offer incentives to participate. It would be stupid to send surveys about tennis racquets to people who don't play tennis. That is why they match the surveys to those polled. In the area of political research, they might just send surveys to Republicans, but the survey results don't reflect that and I doubt that the AP would be doing business with people who just want to make the Administration look good.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So what? People are always optimistic about the future, since by definition nothing contrary has yet happened. This poll is essentially worthless from an informational point of view - just another media puff piece to fill air time.

But I am anticipating the inaugural speech with anticipation. I think it may be informative as to where Bush is going, in a general sense of course.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I question this as well. If you like him, then you agree with everything he's doing. How can you possibly be behind a man if you dont approve?

I like a lot of people. I don't know a single person that I totally agree with on every topic.

Lots of polls have a neither agree nor disagree choice for some questions.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Exactly Grady that is why you show you preferences, Opinios polls is another very good site that has mini polls on politics and they are for anybody that goes to their site to take, now for their serious surveys you have to join and they pay for the surveys I like them best.

If anybody wants a link to these surveys groups I will happily supply the links for you.

www.getpaidguides.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join