It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even if We Vote To BREXIT We Won't Because The Vote Is a Con. MP's Aren't Legally Bound By It..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Yes, I know and I still don't see my vote as being a black and white thing. I'm one of the 'greater good' mugs who'll be looking to make the right decision in cold blood.

Not being politically affiliated makes it harder to be emphatic in my decision. I rarely agree with any of the bastards

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Yes I agree we are slow to anger - I am myself.

But shooting or assassinating a politicians is not a British thing to do. Think Tony Blair is still alive and if Brits ever had a reason to bump off someone - he is on the top of the list. We don't assassinate our Prime Ministers regularly. In fact the last politicians I remember was Airey Neave and that was in the late 1970's and an IRA thing I seem to remember.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Not being politically affiliated makes it harder to be emphatic in my decision. I rarely agree with any of the bastards

I think that sentiment puts you in with about a third of the population

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Absolutely what could happen although this is a vote unlike any other we have had and more seems to be riding on it for the people. Wondering how it will turn out???

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That's probably because our politicians don't represent the greater good or the public. They only represent the vested interest of those who put them into parliament in the first place.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: paraphi

I do wonder if it doesn't boiled down to the fact that without the huge sums of money we pump into the EU it would fail and France especially has enjoyed a lifestyle its economy may well not provide without the EU - just wondering.

It is weird that there is no much rivalry between the Brits and French, especially when you think at one time we were all the same people, we should be close allies. The French look after their own interests better than our are looked after.

France pays in almost exactly the same amount as the UK but receives less back................. are you Boris in disguise?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

If we get a Brexit and it is Ignored by the MP's..

Expect a revolution in this country!

The people will lose the plot in my opinion..

The Brits will 'take it' like they have since 1066, Watt Tyler being the exception, but then, look what happened to him.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I know that other countries not in the EU are trading with the EU and doing very well without any EU interference in their industries etc. I also know that the money we get back always comes with demands and dictates. We don't have a free hand on spending the grant itself.

The issue has been deliberately confused because sadly I doubt there is an MP today who can actually identify the truth, or is prepared to be honest. In fact I suspect many don't even know exactly what is at stake. We no longer have the debates in the house where points were raised in front of everyone and debated. Today its government by quangos and select committees which keeps only those with vested interests governing things they should be kept well away from.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I know that other countries not in the EU are trading with the EU and doing very well without any EU interference in their industries etc. I also know that the money we get back always comes with demands and dictates. We don't have a free hand on spending the grant itself.

The issue has been deliberately confused because sadly I doubt there is an MP today who can actually identify the truth, or is prepared to be honest. In fact I suspect many don't even know exactly what is at stake. We no longer have the debates in the house where points were raised in front of everyone and debated. Today its government by quangos and select committees which keeps only those with vested interests governing things they should be kept well away from.

I agree with you, neither Johnson or Gove, or Ian Duncan Smith or Priti Patel are being honest, they are being disingenuous, coming out with rhetoric not facts - best if you don't join them in doing the same which you keep seeming to do.

Trouble with the leave campaign, bugger all in the way of facts that can actually be verified, but plenty of rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

No I am black haired and taller. However the French aren't 'jobsworths' they certainly don't follow all the rules like the Brits do so I suspect they benefit far more than us on that point alone. They also know how to protest and get their own way.

As I said in another post, when you do get money back from the EU it always comes with EU strings and dictates. Far better not to pay it in the first place IMHO.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

INLA as was pointed out to me recently.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The EU takes 13% of British GDP each year, but firms who don't sell to the EU still have to abide by EU rules and regulation, is that fair?

America is Germany's biggest customer, do the Americans pay for the privilege? no they don't.

Just who did the Brits trade with before the EU came into being? The rest of the world!

Britain buys more from Europe than Europe buys from Britain, who needs who the most?

If the Common market is so great, why is it America has not even asked to join?

Britain is not allowed to deport foreign rapists and murderess, its against European law!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Did you read the second article I put up. OK Its an opinion, but that little magazine has a huge following and she is more often proved right than wrong. I can see the sense i what is said in it.

Disregarding many of the things that people are thinking of its mostly about mass immigration which is threatening jobs here because we don't have the infrastructure to keep accepting people and in truth we don't need them either.

To give a small example, but a relevant one, if you look at Germany as an example, it retrains its unemployed after 6 months so they can get back into work. In the UK its been a con to keep up unchecked immigration - no health checks and no qualification checks - because it provides cheap labour and has effectively lowered wages - so more profit for the companies etc.

In the UK the unemployed are left to fester because if they try to retrain, either they can't afford it or they loose their benefit because they are not available to work. The whole system is disgusting because many would love to retrain and come out with decent qualifications they could use. Yet being in the EU, the good parts such as the German model of retraining their unemployed hasn't filtered down to the UK. We have a massive shortage of HGV's drivers and lots of people with ordinary driving licences who could be retrained - not happening because of all sorts of hoops people are supposed to clamber though - the retraining programs look good but don't deliver what's needed.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

No I am black haired and taller. However the French aren't 'jobsworths' they certainly don't follow all the rules like the Brits do so I suspect they benefit far more than us on that point alone. They also know how to protest and get their own way.

As I said in another post, when you do get money back from the EU it always comes with EU strings and dictates. Far better not to pay it in the first place IMHO.

What's that got to do with anything? The French pay in the equivalent of the UK but don't get the rebate. Can you give examples of what you are talking about?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

More rhetoric, move to Germany if you think they are doing better - why do you think that's an argument for leaving the EU? Again, lack of facts does not a valid argument make.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I think most Brits think we still have sovereignty over our land, however we don't. I do expect serious rioting it this happens but I still fancy the vote will be rigged.

If the politicians are for the EU and the opinion poles are about 50-50 what do you think the chances are that the official voting would come back as 52% for staying? I heard rumors of vote corruption in the recent Scotland out vote but don't know if there was any truth to that.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Nobody can say what will happen in the event of Brexit because it hasn't happened yet , one thing that is sure is that we will hold the bargaining chips as to any memberships we choose to enter into with the EU as the 5th largest economy in the world.

There is, of course, also the matter of the free movement of people: EFTA/EEA membership would mean the four freedoms remain. This might be a deal breaker for some. But given the upsides we aren’t sure it should be – and there is always the chance that the UK could strike a new/different EEA style deal anyway

I'm no longer listening to politicians or journalists as my mind is made up , with less than a week to go all that is left is rhetoric.

If there is a Brexit vote and the Westminster elite try to circumvent that then I will be on the streets along with tens / hundreds of thousand of my fellow countrymen , the Vox populi will be heard.

edit on 18-6-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If you vote out and the governemt says, 'nope, we are in controll and we are staying in'

That's when you go to your basements and get your AR-15 and other guns and oh wait, the U.K. Doesn't have a NRA looking out for you ability to defend yourself against Government tyranny.

Oh well, enjoy being slaves
edit on 18-6-2016 by thinline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
If you vote out and the governemt says, 'nope, we are in controll and we are staying in'

That's when you go to your basements and get your AR-15 and other guns and oh wait, the U.K. Doesn't have a NRA looking out for you ability to defend yourself against Government tyranny.

Oh well, enjoy being slaves

We don't need them. We can accomplish all that without all those guns.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

If we get a Brexit and it is Ignored by the MP's..

Expect a revolution in this country!

The people will lose the plot in my opinion..

yeah, the country will run out of tea bags and tutting... Revolution my arse. Or is there a plan to shoot more pro europe politicians post vote if things dont go your way.?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join