It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even if We Vote To BREXIT We Won't Because The Vote Is a Con. MP's Aren't Legally Bound By It..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Apparently even if the country votes overwhelmingly to leave and the people expect our politicians to act accordingly as this is a democracy, It is unlikely to happen.

moneyweek.com...

The article makes it clear that our politicians have no intention of allowing us to leave and they can tell us the vote isn't legal or binding on them.

The second article shows us the option we actually have, which are far better for Britain when we leave and would give us back the right to set our own laws that look after this country's interests. Other countries like Norway and members of EFTA are far better off than we are.

moneyweek.com...

I won't reproduce the articles in words because they are too well put together but for those of us who are interested in BREXIT they are important issues we don't usually discuss but should know about fully.

If we stay we keep people like the Kinnocks living the high life with their son in our parliament keeping an eye out for Mum and Dad and vested interest is not something that should come before the good of the people - Right Mr Stephen Kinnock MP? - no wrong family financial interests first.
edit on 18-6-2016 by Shiloh7 because: sorry missed link out

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

If we get a Brexit and it is Ignored by the MP's..

Expect a revolution in this country!

The people will lose the plot in my opinion..

edit on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 03:00:43 -0500003America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

If we vote to leave the EU a confidence vote will be triggered against David Cameron which he will loose , Boris will likely become the new leader of the Tory party and so PM , we will leave the EU.

Parliament have no choice but to follow the will of the people , the legal system will see that happens if there is an attempt to circumvent it.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I disagree. If BREXIT, then the politicians will work to remove the UK from the EU and broker the best deals possible.

There is no evidence that politicians will work against a clear public mandate. I would like to see them try.

In the UK public opinion has frequently changed the face of politics.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think what was said, was that if the vote was close, say 51% / 49% in favour of Brexit, it would fall to an MP vote, or a re-referendum. This in itself is unacceptable as it wouldn't happen the other way round....in favour of remain, that's it, we stay.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I've read that the pro eu majority of mp's may try subterfuge to stall a brexit hoping something comes along to make it impossible.

The thing is, if the vote is for leave and parliament refuse to honour it, we will see rioting that will shock the world, I can't remember who it was, but one member who is pro remain said on another thread that he'd be out on the streets in the event of something like this. I'd expect a lot of people who formerly didn't care would be tearing stuff up and do you really think that any of the mp's that screwed us over would be getting re elected easily? Any one with a majority of only a few k would be in real danger of losing their seat.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see what happens if the gap to leave is slight. In the "leave" negotiations the EU may come up with an offer. This may result in another referendum to accept, or not.

It's all hypothetical. The French seem to want the UK to leave (they never like us being around as it cramps their style), but other EU nations including Germany may take a more pragmatic view.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Not being from Britain, I haven't followed this closely, but, what's the general thought? Do many of you wish to leave? Do you feel the country in general would be better off out of the EU? Is the atmosphere [ where you live ] Stay or Go?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

As rigel4 mentioned, pro-EU politicians like MP Jo Cox will be targeted and killed.

They are a direct threat to UK civilians and the rioters will naturally take care of them all in their own unique ways.

The English take a very long time to anger and when they flip, its game-over for their enemies.

Example: Poll Tax riots where some shops in Trafalgar Square, London, went up in flames. Then the tories did a U-Turn concerning the Poll Tax.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

It's an opinion piece, not a report. If you think it won't happen even if it's voted for, then don't vote - self fulfilling prophecy really.

I love how all the leavers seem to be getting excuses in early even though opinion polls are suggesting a leave vote is most likely.

But what does 'leave' actually mean? Voting with no idea of what you are voting for is a very confusing, abstract thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

That's exactly what I am expecting because this only coming out now.

I can't believe all the money this little lot is costing us and MP's don't have to honour it.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
I think what was said, was that if the vote was close, say 51% / 49% in favour of Brexit, it would fall to an MP vote, or a re-referendum. This in itself is unacceptable as it wouldn't happen the other way round....in favour of remain, that's it, we stay.

I think if that happens, then ukip would be the next political party voted in, then they wouldn't even need the public vote to enforce article 50. if the current government wants to remain i don't think they would risk it, if any thing they would try and drag it out for as long as possible, if we do vote out and enforce article 50 then there is a time limit of 2 years, it can be extended but only if both party's agree but the EU is unlikely to agree to extend it. The easiest way would be to try and sway the public in their favour before the vote, exactly what we have been seeing, with money spent on leaflets and TV ads and shows, its a political merry-go round of dictators

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Did you read the articles because one of them says what is most likely to happen. Also I don't actually trust Boris because he is cut from exactly the same cloth as Cameron and I just feel its a political part he is playing rather like an
Etonian play.

I had no idea our vote could mean nothing but I am wondering now if there might possibly be a link to the shooting of Joe Cox over this. Alright the bloke seemed a moron but the timing and what he said was illuminating - it beggars the question were his actions motivated by others who knew about this and wanted it all out in the open. I had no idea they could even think of legally ignoring this referendum, but I expect it based on the idea that this country doesn't riot about things - we are British and accept things we hate stoically.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The polls show it as quite close with 'Leavers' having the edge at slightly above 50%.

Despite some on either side being adamant that their way is the best, it's simply not clear and nobody has a crystal ball.

England could have the sovereignty to start refusing economic migrants and refugees, but lose the benefits of EU trade agreements. We could regain control of our own markets and then discover the EU marketplace has become geared against us.

The Govt are pushing to stay really hard and painting a bleak future if we leave. In contrast, the 'Leavers' see a bright future with a more virile economy and more jobs. 'Leavers' say lower taxes and the Govt. are saying it'll lead to higher taxes.

Like most nations, very few people believe in, or trust, their governments so all the push from our government is making us want to leave. We don't believe what they say. The Chancellor says we'll all lose £4500 per year and nobody trusts him enough to take him seriously. I mean, how many Chancellors across the world say 'no raised taxes' prior to election? They always raise taxes and they always tell us what they think we want to hear to get elected.

Staying or leaving won't change any of that. We'll still be stuck with a government we have no faith in.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I think most Brits think we still have sovereignty over our land, however we don't. I do expect serious rioting it this happens but I still fancy the vote will be rigged.

It puzzles me that so many MP's who should know exactly what is going on, think it a good thing for us to remain in the failing block of the gravy train station the EU actually is.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I can only speak for my family and friends all of whom want to leave. The EU is a parliament which costs a fortune and oversees all other individual country's parliaments. It seems to be a think tank of idiots with no common sense except huge expense accounts who can dictate all sorts of ludicrous things, even to the size of bananas.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

There are plenty of countries not within the EU who trade with the EU so the idea that we couldn't trade there is nonsense. In fact it could even work our cheaper for us to trade - as in the article I put up in the original post - its well worth reading, especially the second article as it explains clearly the position we would be in.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

If we get a Brexit and it is Ignored by the MP's..

Expect a revolution in this country!

The people will lose the plot in my opinion..

I doubt it.... this isnt the 2nd amendment in the US!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Not being from Britain, I haven't followed this closely, but, what's the general thought? Do many of you wish to leave? Do you feel the country in general would be better off out of the EU? Is the atmosphere [ where you live ] Stay or Go?

Its quite decided at 50-50 at the moment, im 26 and voted out but most my age are scared of change, they have known no different then the Eu, but mostly the out voters are from the generation that voted in the EU in the 70's, and now they know they were lied to and quite miffed about it so voting out, my generation are just seeing the smoke and mirrors and falling for it, hook line and sinker, i have spoken to a few that have just been let down by this country so much that they are not hopeful that the uk can cope on its own, as one said 'The uk is not great any more we contribute nothing to the outside world' they just believe all the lies that's spewing around
edit on 18 6 2016 by VsocksV because: spelling

edit on 18 6 2016 by VsocksV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I do wonder if it doesn't boiled down to the fact that without the huge sums of money we pump into the EU it would fail and France especially has enjoyed a lifestyle its economy may well not provide without the EU - just wondering.

It is weird that there is no much rivalry between the Brits and French, especially when you think at one time we were all the same people, we should be close allies. The French look after their own interests better than our are looked after.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join