It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedian Hasan Minaj GRILLS GOP at their OWN Dinner!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I just saw this video and thought I'd share it:

“You know, we look to you guys as our leaders.” Minhaj said. “You make almost $200,000 a year to make society better… Ultimately, it comes down to money and influence. And right now since 1998, the NRA has given $3.7 million to Congress. There are 294 members of Congress that have accepted contributions from the NRA. And that doesn’t even include the millions of dollars from outside lobbying.”

Link

If you DON'T know who Hasan Minaj is ... he's a contributor on the "Daily Show". I know, I know...people are gonna scream "LIBERAL BIAS!" ...

Not really, he was ASKED to speak at the 2016 Congressional RTCA Dinner. I'm currently researching to see for MYSELF if what he said about the CDC being blocked from studying gun related deaths by congress is factual or not.

The man has a brass pair, I WILL give him that. I will indeed...

The full video is about 22 minutes and is HILARIOUS. He manages to make the GOP laugh heartily. One joke?

Hillary wants to be POTUS so badly she's willing to sit in the same office as "the scene of the crime"...

THINK about it...

For the FULL video, watch it here:

It starts off funny, and gets more and MORE serious, the first clip is from the very end...it's worth watching the whole thing...

We should be TALKING and maybe this man's got the right formula...
edit on 18-6-2016 by DanteGaland because: Add quote for people who can't watch video

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I have very limited comic references but Hasan Minaj did not seem at all funny in that skit. He seemed hostile and chemically animated in his speech pattern but also scripted by DNC talking points. Weird stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Congress is paid to write rules and laws to make our lives better?

Wow.

Enroll him in Libertarianism 101.

Stupid Congress. Hurry up and write a law banning everything but peace and love.

Theres a reason why the Constitution limits the power of government or at-least tries to.

Again, according to him, guns are to blame...

SMH.

edit on 18-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

He did a great job. He kept the crowd engaged by not hitting them too hard and by spreading out the jokes on both sides of the isle. Good for him.

The last few minutes were definitely the best and the most important part of his message and hopefully it got through to some of them and past their defenses and egos.

Good for him!!! Great Job. Funny too.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Wow, the idea of trying to outbid lobbyists seemed to make people uneasy.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

A CNNMoney analysis of federal campaign finance records shows that much of this money comes from everyday Americans. And these contributions, which the NRA uses to keep pro-gun lawmakers in office, are on the rise

So the NRA is mostly funded by member dues. It is not a big money lobby it seems but a lobby of average folks trying to have their voice heard over the din of corporate media sensationalism and hyperbole.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ratfintc

I just thought that the idea of outbidding lobbyists in general seemed to make people uneasy, not specifically the NRA, but in all fairness, the crowd seemed pretty uneasy the whole time.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

That was easily the most important point he made all night and I think it had the impact that it was supposed to have too.

Now it's just a matter of how long it sticks in their mind which will determine whether it made a difference or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: wheresthebody

That was easily the most important point he made all night and I think it had the impact that it was supposed to have too.

Now it's just a matter of how long it sticks in their mind which will determine whether it made a difference or not.

Sad part is, we already outbid them with those salaries of theirs that we pay.

We just pay them up-front and they don't care if they do a good job because it doesn't even matter anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

We just pay them up-front and they don't care if they do a good job because it doesn't even matter anymore.

Not really though. What they get as salaries isn't that much at all. That's what we pay them. They easily get much more than that by lobbying and donations to their campaign funds and SuperPAC's.

They make around $200,000 for their annual salary. Hillary got $225,000 for one speech at Goldman Sachs. They paid over what a congressman makes in a year for a few hours. So we are clearly being outbid by greater groups than ours.

That's just one organization too. If you break it down per capita that's $200,000 divided by approx. 300 million americans and 225,000 by however many members of Goldman Sachs Board has which I don't know but it's a hell of a lot less than 300 million. So in comparison my interest to them is worth a fraction of a fraction of a cent compared to what Goldman Sachs is. Who do you think they're going to listen to???

I'm not saying that it's a good thing. Don't get me wrong. What we pay them should be fine. We shouldn't be letting them accept Bribes but we do and that's the problem. We're f*cking retarded for letting money buy our politicians like we do. Because the fact is when the .1% own as much as the bottom 60%, we can't afford to have our interests met as long as money is the only voice in DC.
edit on 18-6-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

This guy, is now my hero.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

here is Hassan Minaj on Trevor Noah's show. Other than my brother's name is Hassan, I found the video in the Op just outstanding.

I fully agree, until we know what is going on, we shouldn't allow any conservatives into the White House. Just need time to assess what is happening.
edit on 18-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Not really though. What they get as salaries isn't that much at all. That's what we pay them. They easily get much more than that by lobbying and donations to their campaign funds and SuperPAC's.

They make around $200,000 for their annual salary.

I was talking specifically about the 3.7M from the NRA but yes you are definitely right.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

im 3 quarts through it, and to me as an australian.... great value. For him though, a comedian named Hassan and his performance thus far is likened to a hypothetical suicide vest.

Truley though, as a previous poster reckoned he is not funny, i beg to differ. Anyone who listens to this and doesn't find it funny have a poker face of Ren not Stimpy.

I vote this guy for president, may as well throw him in the mix with the rest of the circus, at least he speaks the truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

He did bravely make that speech oir skit or whatever one wants to call it, in front of what should have been a very hostile audience. They don;t crack up laughing, but they are riveted and looking thoughtful.

You are right.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What I find interesting....

Is that satirists (comedians) SEEM to do a better job telling the news...than the news.

My conservative friends NEVER watch The Nightly Show or The Daily Show. They have no CLUE how easily they are taken apart by "funny men".

They also don't ever have much to say...

This man was ASKED to appear at a GOP-sponsored dinner. Think of it like a "roast". How odd, as if they themselves KNOW their own hypocrisy and want to laugh at it?

And true...the NRA money comes from member dues....but most members don't go over the accounting books of the NRA and SEE where it is being spent.

And to reply to someone above...if congress's job isn't to make laws, pass budgets, ect -- what are we paying them for? Why do they even NEED to be there? Libertarianism is just anarchy-lite that most people OUTGROW as the reality of the world sinks in during older age.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I believe this to be a good example of the true mentality of this little SJW weasel.
He actually believes a professional soccer wage gap exists...

Gavin schools him with no assistance of a script or aids.

Here Comedy Central uses clever editing to make it look like Gavin is the fool.

Don't need to watch the video to know it is some leftist garbage written by 20 hacks with no real creative intellect between them.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Don't need to watch the video to know it is some leftist garbage written by 20 hacks with no real creative intellect between them.

Ahh... Ignorance embraced...
edit on 18-6-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Satirists really are the ONLY real news people left. I hear people talk about how Walter Kronkite was the guy people trusted every night to give them the news- he was their guy.

Jon Stewart was my generation's Walter Kronkite. Hasan has learned from the best and and I hope he keeps up the fight.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hassan is an accomplished sketch and stand-up comedian. Damn good one too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join