It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher Criticizes Liberal Support of Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Now, we all know Bill Maher is kind of an idiot sometimes and is a very anti religious person and he usually typically picks on Christians. Oddly enough he defends Christians and goes for the jugular with Islam.

Man I really don't know what to think. He basically says that women aren't second class citizens in Christianity, that Christians aren't beheading people. He knocks the Saudi's hard for their human rights issues and questions our relationship with them. He talks about Mecca and compares it to the Vatican and basically says that if the Vatican was anything like Mecca and Islam we would be all over it but Liberals and the left have a softer attitude towards Islam.

I don't know what to think to tell you the truth.
edit on 6/17/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Liberals don’t support Islam per se they just support the concept of protecting a minority’s rights.

The other guy, the oppressed person, the persecuted...

The problem is that their not as aggressive as Maher against the excesses of Islam

Just like the Liberals were accused of supporting the North Vietnamese

Maher is just a hater of ALL religion naturally he'd be very anti-Islamic since their the ones involved with all the terrorism currently

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

1.6 billion people defiantly do non constitute a minority.

In my home town their has been an explosion in the Muslim population, but I am assuming mostly moderate because everyone is pretty nice, but you never know.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I like how she tries to use the typical diversionary tactic of shifting focus off Islam by talking about violence in the Bible.

Maybe she didn't know Maher is a devout atheist, and that therefore her little trick wouldn't work.

It's the same trick they use when they want to you to forget about flaws in their political philosophy by changing the focus of the conversation to the flaws in yours.

I f# hate that style of "debate", and it needs to be shut down immediately whenever tried.

Kudos to Bill Maher for doing it. This insane love affair that statist-humanists have with Islam is one of the few things I wholeheartedly agree with him on.

All they have are tricks, because none of it makes any sense. Reveal the trick and they're left a quivering, mumbling, steaming pile of ideology.
edit on 6/17/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

1.6 billion people defiantly do non constitute a minority.

In my home town their has been an explosion in the Muslim population, but I am assuming mostly moderate because everyone is pretty nice, but you never know.

How many of those 1.6 billion people were subject to the colonialism form European invaders in recent history…I would sat at least 80 percent of them.

The only Muslim country that was not colonized was Turkey

Also, I’m referring to them as minorities in the West not any worldwide scale

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well let's be honest the Ottoman's were slaughtering people by the millions.

They were throwing Armenian's into wells and setting the wells on fire with oil.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Absolutely, they did that and they treated Muslims horribly too.

You’ll NEVER read me defending people based on their religious faith

I judge people by their deeds

The Ottomans were as bad as the Europeans in a lot of cases

My old men told me when I was a kid how tough and mean the Ottomans were

That’s how they kept from being colonized they were a colonizer

they has a bad ass Army though

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

They did.

This ideology comes from an old world where you were either being conquered or conquering.

Humans are by their very nature predatory.

edit on 6/17/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

And don't forget the Ottomans were deep into Europe with their unjustified invasions too.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I can't defend any religion that justifies enslaving their women, supports Sharia Law, justifies murder, stoning, and numerous other barbaric acts. I also can't accept Muslims who continue to follow and believe in a religion whose writings are a clear catalyst for violence and murder. It's against everything good a loving GOD would represent.

Call it bigotry or hate, but I would rather be on the side of supporting peace and love for humanity than defending a religion that prescribes to killing and enslaving God's creations.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with Islam as long as their ideals and social wants are never put into a Christian or western nations. If you love Islam so much then stay in a Islamic country and knock your socks off..

Christian's for all their crap are not "at the moment" beheading hostages or raging a religious war, The Hindus and Sikhs are not doing anything to cause issues and myself being a Athiest the only "religion" and I use that term quite loosely when I say it that I think has the best ideals for world peace is Buddhism, as frankly the only thing that worries them is regarding their Karma, and yep you get good Karma by doing good things. Not by cutting hostages heads off, or trying to take over lands..

Muslims however, Oh boy where do we start??... And before I get slated as Neo Nazi hate filled son of a bitch (by liberals) I have dated Muslim women and live in a Muslim community and I can tell you I am doing my bloody best to get out the place..

I am off to check property prices in Thailand..

RA

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wow.. I have never been a Bill Maher fan but that was pretty good.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

This is the one thing I truly do like about Bill. He blasted Ben Afflek over this on his show. Gotta hand it to him. This is the one subject that he nails down perfectly.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

A lot of people are so engaged in the war between Left and Right that they won't concede anything the other side could take as a victory.

The right-leaners won't accept that some of their fellow-travellers are genuine racists. The left-leaners won't accept that some Muslims are intolerant, bigoted and hateful. The right-leaners won't accept that moderate Muslims exist and left-leaners won't accept that some Muslims would slit their throats and then their children's throats.

Christianity didn't give women equal rights, political protest did. It didn't drive civil rights, but those same rights can be described as essentially 'Christian values.' Equal rights and civil rights have all been taken from the powerful; they've never been gifted.

Saudi society is a peaceful one, but it's maintained under a system that most of us find repellent. It's like a little flag of hypocrisy for us in the west and, ironically, elements of both left and right belief-systems are evident in Saudi culture. It shows that we're selective in who we're friends with and who we feel obliged to 'liberate.'

There's obviously a dollar value to our morality...and the Saudis.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Saudi society is a peaceful one

Sure; as long as you're not a woman, a child, gay, espousing your own thoughts and ideas, etc.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

It's time for a comedy bit...Cut off.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Modern Sunni Islam is not compatible with Western society period.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Sure; as long as you're not a woman, a child, gay, espousing your own thoughts and ideas, etc.

I knew a muslim girl that went to highschool with me that was married off by her patriarchal run family to a man she never met and both of them were under 18. I remember her telling her friends about the situation, how she was afraid, and kind of disgusted how it was laid out for her, but she had no say in the fact that she must get married to a person because it was arranged. She was very open talking about it, and she knew her fate and was against it, yet was innevitable. What about that to pro muslim doctrines and thought provokers? You cannot be liberal and understand muslim faith at the same time and agree with it if you are for equality.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

The rest of the sentence the poster stated that you left out of the quote says basically what you just said.

That aside, excellent post Kandinsky.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Sihks, Hindus, Buddhist and Taoist are all non confrontal (duality based us vs them) religions that say another religion can be the same spiritual journey. I even put the Sufi more or less in this corner and they are sometimes considered Islam.

Muhammad and Paul pushed confrontal (duality based us vs them) thinking that creates the become us or die doctrine. If all confrontal religions where gone or reformed to be non confrontal then humanity could co exists.

Islam have many issues against equality and therefore there are three choices from my point of view:
1 Reform or
2 Annihilate or
3 Barrier it in so it cannot effect anyone who is non confrontal until it learns how to behave.

I do push reforming but I think people should be harder on majority of Muslim since they are not doing their part.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join