It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Congressman from S. Carolina rips into DHS official over no-fly no-buy list.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ah, the "I know you are but what am I?" defense. Classic.

And now we have "the forces of centralized control" at work. You just love citing these vague, scary sounding but empty groups.

And now you want to jump over to the non-specific again. You've even got your buzzwords going.

Argue about something specific or be ignored. I really don't have time or interest to address Bogey-bears.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Blah Blah, name calling, "you, you, you". Lost the argument (see my edit bottom of last page), so resorting to personal attack, again.

Meh…

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Gryphon66

Blah Blah, name calling, "you, you, you". Lost the argument (see my edit bottom of last page), so resorting to personal attack, again.

Meh…

What name have you been called? That's right, none.

Every "argument" you've made has been countered with the facts. You don't seem to like the facts, citations from the actual Constitution of the United States, you prefer to talk about what you think "everybody" knows because you seem to think folks agree with you. Progressive income tax, for example, is found in the Sixteenth Amendment (another fact you seem to have missed.)

You seem to deny the Constitutional role that the Supreme Court has in our government because it doesn't suit your beliefs.

We're done.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Didnt watch the entire thing, but following the link this is from 2015...

pretty sure it was just a straight attack on these no fly lists, since the no fly no buy argument is still fairly new.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Im speaking from beyond the end of, fabricated people in the machine part of the machine be a good little cog system... or be the elevated yet same cog just placed a little higher up than all the other same little cogs and maybe youll be placed on that pedestal at the end for all your gear grinding... which is just a new pallete or generation waiting to replace you not retirement but melted down to harvest the last of your worth at the end of life in the foundry by cogs to make more cogs never mind any of the blood sweat and tears to grease the machine.

So thanks for the Nazi propaganda film but no thanks. It simply says its ok to be a part of the machine find your place in it instead of making your place in it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Fritz Lang made that film beofe the Nazis came to power. You haven't seen it, for shame. Also check out Brazil, THX 1138, Rollerball (the original with James Caan) and others like Logans Run, Fahrenheit 451, Elysium….

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

While I follow you and support your intent...no legal American citizen should be put on any list that takes away their rights without FIRST being given a chance to argue it in court.

The problem here is the speed with which the government can take action when they receive new information.

If an airport camera spots some guy carrying something unusual, and by facial recognition, followed by background check in some database, he becomes suddenly a "new prospect" for possible suspicious activity, but is about to board a plane, they can't wait until the guy has his day in court before putting him on the watchlist and giving the order for no-fly.

So, it makes logical sense, that they would act immediately, for the safety of the public, weighing the risks that they are wrong about a single individual, against the risk that they are right and the public is harmed. So, with my proposal, they can act right away, but then have to justify that action afterwards. In other words, they can't "keep" the guy on the watchlist without providing good justification.

It would make logical sense if those given the power to put people on this list weren't liars, cheats and unethical partisan wanna-be-dictators. I vote no. I don't trust this level of power to our government under this or any other administration. But especially this one that has a track record (IRS) for illegally targeting innocent people for political gain and power. I won't vote or support providing our biggest enemy, with this level of power. For me...and my personal opinion...I will take the risk of that one incident over the potential destruction of everything that makes America...America.

Not trying to convince you, just telling you where I stand.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Nice ass umption that is... Ive seen it about 3 times, and know the metaphors of it well.

Assumption you know someone simply means one does not know oneself, expectation means one still has a want or desire to control.

The assumptions and expectations are simply experience that is wide and varied and has no truth in it except ego truth self truth... that others containing the same fault can rail against in a never ceasing cycle of becoming that which one dispises over and over again in a ceaseless cycle until one knows better.

Expect better from yourself and youll always change the world... expect better from others and it will always be the same. Assume those two statements as simple and youve already lost.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Didnt watch the entire thing, but following the link this is from 2015...

pretty sure it was just a straight attack on these no fly lists, since the no fly no buy argument is still fairly new.

It is actually much more than that. He compares the impact of the "no fly list" and "no buy" upon the 2nd amendment to other amendments. Such as (paraphrasing) "Should your right to legal council also not exist UNTIL you challenge the government for it?".

Quite inspiring.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Our fear(less leaders) didnt ask us for any of these lists... and we see news trying to sell us this fear on a daily basis... is that hopes that we are still buying what they have been trying to sell for nearly 16 years? People are tired of buying it, dividing down both aisles to represent those pitching it.

This war/fear has a drivers license... yet I dont unless I bend over and say please insert fear from your illegal catch 22.

Salut because salute isnt going to happen until it stands for the freedom it represents and actually flys for.

edit on 20-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Do you vote, by any chance?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
THEY want MY GUNS but THEY can't have them...PTSD none the less!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

They don't want your guns.

They want your loyalty, your money, and your labor.

You can keep your guns, just can't get any bullets.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Already HAVE them.
MY loyalty is earned
edit on 20-6-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I did in the primary... as a straw poller no less, delegates were absent which meant likely not leagally regstered with all the legal loops and hoops.

I can say this for national though... likely never again, registering back to Indy soon as I had to change it or it wouldnt have counted. Local and state perhaps... they dont really listen even with pile after pile of petitions.

I suggest everyone switch to Indy so the parties wont know who to pander too... no laws on party switching... just who gets excluded.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Earlier you said…

…that others containing the same fault can rail against in a never ceasing cycle of becoming that which one disposes over and over again in a ceaseless cycle until one knows better.

Expect better from yourself and youll always change the world... expect better from others and it will always be the same. Assume those two statements as simple and you've already lost.

Now you tell me you vote. Wax somebody else's ears with the philosophy of 'change we can believe in'.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

First time and it was a just a primary being 43... if you wish to crucify me for seeing how the process and system actually works than talking about it with no experience in its use... will that be based on a following question of whom I strawed for? Seeing how the system is now having not only spoken out about it but used it? That's my current experience speaking not any attached views of one side or the other or possible 3rd that may balance out those two sides always representing extremes that seem to rarely balance these days?

I from my experience do not think we have a personal voice unless it comes for a place of position and power... you know the a working woman being 1/2 a person instead of whole like a man family or not he's a whole person?

Well from my straw vote I saw that voters are similiar except without a position of power or influence... ones vote seemed to count 0.001% maybe even less, as if a delegate doesnt show up then none are counted and whomever does? Sweeps the entire vote or poll in that favor. My single vote and the other straw voters 3 I think counted for every single vote or voice in my entire district.

This is why politics doesnt like celebrity to get involved... that voice carries weight, and influence. So seeing how I use my voice for justice and equality and ethics in separation of church and state as intended and written with a secular public as written and intended...

Has your opinion changed on if I should or should not use such weight my voice carries for such? I dont personally like watching the entire process before it even starts with the possible annocments might annoucments for running til all the way through... it's felt like several years relatively speaking.

Even though you dont consider Metropolis a Nazi movie... Hitler was a huge fan and inspired by it... he just wanted to be top cog. When even a king is not a king... when the crown the people allow belong to the throne itself and not the person that can be so corrupted by the poison of ones own mind or heart(ego, desire, and pride) when affected by such positions.

They come with nothing but absolute responsibility to each and every single person in that place or reach of it... down to the mosquitoes when saying hey citizens please check your stagnant water collection in old tires, bowls, pools etc. including realestate agencies and banks holding such properties so the Zikka virus does not spread to claim more victims before we can get a handle on it.

See how such a position operates in responsibility... when it says hey we in such a position dont like this that or the other? They are at a buffet not listening to the people. Thats the difference and why they keep increasing as the public continues to starve... a real leader will starve with them or before them... than say let them eat cake by offering up their own head before such an utterance.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry too winded.

Have a nice book signing…

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
HOLY $#!# THAT GUY IS MY HERO!!!! THAT RIGHT THERE LADIES AND GENTELMAN IS THE ATTITUDE WE NEED IN GOVERNMENT!!!!
STAR AND A FLAG
edit on 21-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join