It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim remastered is launching in October for Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: gortex

Stop living in the past Bro.

Your thread is about a 5 year old game.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

My Skyrim is modded, never figured out how to use ENB's, afraid I'd mess something up and have to reinstall the game

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm hoping it will run better than it did on PS3. The looong load times and game crashes/system freezing was a pain in the ass. If I do get it for PS4, it will be my 3rd copy as well. PC/PS3 is what I have atm.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

PS4 is basically a mid range PC , it will run and look much better.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I have a question if you don't mind: I have a quad core processor(2.4ghz), 5gb of ram, and a GT 430 1gb graphics card. Do you think it will run better on my pc or ps4?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I think your PS4 would be your best bet judging by your PC specs.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

sweet, thanks. I'm not really having any issues with it on pc (started playing again recently), but it's nice to have options.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Oh, and I hope they add in quick save on console versions like they did for Fallout 4. Quick save is the bees knees.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

My Skyrim is modded, never figured out how to use ENB's, afraid I'd mess something up and have to reinstall the game

It took me a LONG time to get the ENB running, and I DID mess something up, hahaha.

I deleted files, verified caches to get files back, looked at other peoples installations and compared it to mine, had no idea what I was doing wrong when I was doing everything as perfect as I could.

Turns out some ENBs just didn't like my computer. I finally found an ENB version that worked, NOT one of the newer ones it was one of the older ones, and then found a configuration that someone had made for that specific ENB version. Only then did I have a pretty Skryim.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Skyrim remastered will not have current SKSE support, so a large number of mods will not work

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

That is only temporary, it will not block SKSE just the current 32 bit version will not work but the SKSE team will release a new version shortly after I am certain, they did one for fallout 4 and it is likely to be very similar (if not identical) code behind the EXE file, what I am more worried about is will it be a full download or will it just be an update?.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Most likely a full download, prolly a different game in the Steam game section. It took me 3 days to painstakingly select the mods i need and install them. I have no interest in doing it again.
edit on 20-7-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Hunting down the mods is half the fun!!!

I can spend days looking at mods!!
Only to at last open the game, gaze at it in all of its beauty, check out my additions, play for an hour and not touch it again.

(And SKSE will likely be updated for the new version; modders are pretty up and with it when it comes to these things)

edit on 20 7 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

talking about mods, you should check out the youtube channel Broduel

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have the xb1 version pre-ordered.

All of you pc gamers are lucky with skyrim, you will get the enhanced version for free, but if you already have yours all modded out, there really is no reason to get the remake..lol
I have it on xb 360 with all expansions...
*throws money at Bethesda*

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Alright, so I have sunk some time into the game, and it is Skyrim.
The graphics are great, but after sinking 20 hours into a character,
I'd have to say,
I think it could be done better.

Maybe for the next generation of system.
Skyrim is one of those games where the game itself is already almost perfect,
so graphical enhancements are nice,
but not needed.

Certainly worth the money if you have never played Skyrim,
but if you have,
then it is more of a question of how much you loved the game to begin with, especially for console owners.

I was seriously bummed when they said they were not going to make it backwards compatible for the xb1 so was glad to buy the enhanced version. It is one of my favorite games, and about the only reason I ever used my 360 anymore.

The mods are something I have not tried yet.
I am an achievement whore, so I need to get those before I start changing the game.

The game glitches are still there too,
such as quests that don't come off your log and some really quirky strange ones that just randomly happen here and there. Same old skyrim.
But really that was part of the fun.

A couple of dead bodies and a door can lead to half an hour of entertainment...lol

What is really needed for this game is some VR on consoles.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Sounds good
I may pick it up for PS4 once the mods come out. That is unless Sony flip flops again and cancels them.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So many games out right now to revisit this older game. Although it is one of the best games EVER!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join