It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago man makes cross memorial honoring Orlando shooting victims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Chicago man makes cross memorial honoring Orlando shooting victims.

Zanis came from the Midwest to central Florida, "This is a man coming from Chicago to show I love my brother. I love my neighbor."

The title and that quote from the article.
It made me think, why dosent he just stay home and start the 1000 or so crosses for the many who die monthly on Chicago streets?

He loves his neighbors, and that's a good thing, but his neighbors are in Chicago, and there's ongoing killings there.

He should focus his attention in his own backyard,

Make a difference, not crosses.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Chicago man makes cross memorial honoring Orlando shooting victims.

Zanis came from the Midwest to central Florida, "This is a man coming from Chicago to show I love my brother. I love my neighbor."

The title and that quote from the article.
It made me think, why dosent he just stay home and start the 1000 or so crosses for the many who die monthly on Chicago streets?

He loves his neighbors, and that's a good thing, but his neighbors are in Chicago, and there's ongoing killings there.

He should focus his attention in his own backyard,

Make a difference, not crosses.

Just my 2 cents

It is not just Orlando.

Anyone who's really interested should read this blog/article: blogs.longwood.edu...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If he did the city would probably make an ordinance against it. They would be every where.

Years back a texas politician wanted the practice of people placing crosses on road side where people had died in crashes stopped. I suppose he didn't want people to realize how many fatal accidents occur.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

If the man who made them was Jewish, I would be just as touched by his gesture from the heart even though I am not.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Sweet gesture from this man! And, of course, right on cue, in comes someone complaining about it, because it's crosses.

Oh the irony.......

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes

If the man who made them was Jewish, I would be just as touched by his gesture from the heart even though I am not.

No you wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I guess the intent was good.

But i have to chime in the critics as well: the cross stands for catholicism.

The catholic church was (is) demonising gay people.
still against same sex marriage.

In all honesty, if i had lost a person in the Pulse and would get a cross from the church i would decline it.

Respectfully thanking for the gesture but definetly not taking it.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I'm saying it shouldn't.
And that, as much as anything else, is what causes me to despise the PC crowd. Everything has to be "just so" or it's offensive. You can't just say I'm sorry, it has to be said in a certain way.
If someone is truly trying to show compassion, why does it matter how they do it?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

I know and I feel bad that almost 50 people died in Chicago that same weekend. I don't know the guy maybe he feels closer to the orlando community?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How many of you live in Chicago or the Chicago land area? I live in Chicago, and I have seen many of his crosses throughout the city. I believe he started out with traffic deaths, I see them pop up all over the highways (DOT clears them out after some time). I have also seen his crosses at locations where gun violence occurred. Either way, the gun violence in Chicago is a different beast than the shooting in Orlando. Different reasons. How many of you grew up in the "hood", how many of you understand what drives the gang violence? It has very little to do with race, religion, lifestyle etc.. it has more to do with what they see as business, I can go on about how they are fighting for their own imaginary lines where they sell their products. But, it has nothing to do with the OP. How about people focus on his kind gesture and stop trying to throw in a monkey wrench for the sake of throwing it and screwing up a thread about a positive gesture.

And people wonder why less people make an effort to be nice, because no matter what, someone somewhere has to find a problem with it.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I understand positive gestures, I also understand how utterly useless they are.

Again, make a difference, not crosses(or any other thing else).

I see people helping each other at times, and they aren't in the news.

I don't care how many things this guy made, it changes nothing.

People don't need memorials for them after the fact, people need others to bring about change.

edit on 18-6-2016 by Black_Fox because: SpeLLinG

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

So do saying condolences and leaving flowers mean nothing either? We all know change is what is needed. We also know the state of our society at this time.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

<< 1   >>

join