It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Insurance...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Yes...if your premium is $300 and your subside is $300...you should pay nothing per month.
Check that valu penguin link.
YOu find your state, your county, your age and your income....and it shows the companies and what the subsidies and costs to you will be.

In my state, the govt pays my subsidy directly to Blue Cross....and they bill me for the rest.
YOu should also know that premiums go up annually, both by age and across the board.

For some reason, I was under the assumption that the subsidy was basically a tax-credit. I don't know where I got that from, but that was what I was most scared of. Hell, if that's true then maybe I can go with a little better plan that will cover eye exams and whatnot.
Thanks for clearing that up.

And thank you to everyone else who has posted helpful advice in this thread. I'll be checking out all those links and reading everything before I make a decision.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

It is a tax credit, of sorts.
At the end of the year, you have to file an additional form for the credit.
If your income goes up from your estimate, you can be liable for additional money.

Let's say you make $1000 a month.
In December, you get a $500 a month raise....or you change jobs and you now get $1500 a month.
That $500 increases your annual income, and therefore affects your monthly subsidy.
And, just to pick a number out of thin air....maybe your new subsidy is $10 less a month.....you now owe $120 to the IRS....$10 x 12 months.

Bottom line....should you change jobs, and get a change in income, you should report it to the .gov website ASAP....so your subsidy can reflect your current income.
It happened to me....it's how I found out.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Not to mention having to schedule my physical 3 months in advance. Things sure are a changin...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Let's say you make $1000 a month.

You need a career lol... how about bring home 1000 a week on 40 hours? with healthcare plus pension? And honestly 1000 a week bring home isnt any get rich quick scheme. Its middle class.

This really is the problem with America today. People think they can get by and raise a family on say 1500 or 2k a month? 2k may do ok if you don't like nice things.

We need our jobs back. Jobs that pay good wages and provide health care and pensions.

Union jobs.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Nicely said.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join