It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anunnaki

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Anunnaki are not Aliens, they are not even physical beings. The ancient Sumerians believed that above our Earth world there was the world of the sky gods and below Earth was the watery world of the abzu/Abyss. The Sumerians probably observed water springing up out of the ground and thus thought there must exist a watery world beneath the surface of the earth.

They called the supernatural beings of these two worlds Anunnaki. The Anunnaki below the Earth world are called the seven judges of Hell and then you had the seven sky gods of the Sumerians. Essentially they are like the angels and daemons of Christianity which are supernatural non-physical creatures.

The way to appease or summon these supernatural beings is by sacrifices and offerings for example:

"Then I sent out everything in all directions and sacrificed (a sheep).
I offered incense in front of the mountain-ziggurat.
Seven and seven cult vessels I put in place,
and (into the fire) underneath (or: into their bowls) I poured reeds, cedar, and myrtle.
The gods (Anunnaki) smelled the savor,
the gods smelled the sweet savor,
and collected like flies over a (sheep) sacrifice."

The epic of Gilgamesh

Does that sound like aliens to you? being attracted by the smell of incense and a sacrificed sheep at a ziggurat temple?

These Anunnaki do not fly around in UFO's they fly around because they have wings like the angels of Christianity. They are nature spirits that control the forces of nature, wind, water, Earthquakes etc.

It was zecharia sitchin who made-up this crap about them being aliens from a 12th planet.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

Sounds like someone slaughtered a sheep, came back the next day to find it infested with flies!

But yeah, theres parallels to be drawn between pretty much any concept/religion! Its one big puzzle! Go figure!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I read Zechariah Sitchin's books long ago.

But the Bible does not describe angles of any kind with wings, and when it does describe angles they look like men.

edit on 17-6-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Yes because angels do look like men, they are all males actually.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You had me at "Anunnaki," hahah. But for real, I enjoy reading anything about the Sumerian stories and the Anunnaki. I've had dreams about them I think (sort of, don't really want to get into it here) and I have taken a great interest in them. I actually feel a connection to it all somehow. Now I'm not saying it's a solid connection, but I feel connected nevertheless. I am not sure what they are and how they got here, I have read different things through the years.

Anyway, I am looking forward to hearing what others have to say also.

Incidentally, the way I was introduced to the name, and it caused me to look it up and want to learn more was from a movie that portrayed them negatively. So I don't know why I have positive feelings about them. The movie was "The Fourth Kind."

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
As far as "them" being non physical (as we know it), I've guessed so. I have far more personal and cultural proof of "spirits" than I do for alien astronauts... though they likely exist out there too.

So we've debunked the nuts n bolts Annunaki from a frozen hellworld in an unsustainable orbit in favor of mercurial spirits lording it over (and perhaps making) humans.

This scenario will annoy both the ancient astronaut followers and the mainstream materialists as well.. .and so I find it delicious.

edit on 6/17/2016 by Baddogma because: fix

edit on 6/17/2016 by Baddogma because: removed wells for toos

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

These Anunnaki do not fly around in UFO's they fly around because they have wings like the angels of Christianity.

Nowhere in the bible does it say angels have wings.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I was snared by the titled but puzzled by your lack of source...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
And never said to have wings

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The water that came up from the ground was fresh- unlike salt waters. That means it was drinkable. Life giving, even. According to your very own logic, they would not have associated that with anything evil. And according to sources, they did not associate the abyss with anything evil (however some people, perhaps foreigners, later on may have begun to confuse it with another realm located beneath us and associated with death- but that's unclear as well).

Enki is the god of the abyss.
Enlil is the god of the sky, and storm.

One day Enlil became enraged at humanity and flooded the earth... this is called the great deluge. Enki sort of went behind Enlils back and sent out the Apkallu to help humanity recover from the great deluge. The Apkallu are creatures that are associated with tending to the tree of life in the abyss. They gave humanity art, culture, agriculture, a law code, and basically civilization as we know it.

The Apkallu (pre-moses, pre-jesus christianity everything, mind you) were often depicted as men with wings. But they were also depicted as half fish half men, too.

Anyway I don't believe in aliens or anything so I agree with you there. It's all just really cool history...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12

How do you know all angels are male? That's a very sexist statement. The same as most of the religions calling god a man or the lord or father. God is male and female energy

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1

How do you know all angels are male? That's a very sexist statement. The same as most of the religions calling god a man or the lord or father. God is male and female energy

Well go through the list of archangels and find one female then

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

But we all know the Church would never have allowed a strong female figure in it's doctrine at that point in history.

Hell they left out the Gospel of Mary! You'd think the words of the mother of Christ would have some meaning in the cannon, but I guess not.

Besides, the names of Angels are man made. I really really really really really doubt God actually gave them names if God does exist, considering he's a being not of this world and neither is any of the 'higher life' he supposedly created.

There would be no male or female in that classical sense.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
In Vedic mythology you have Earth inhabited my manuṣya's (humans), above the Earth realm you have the Deva's and below the Earth Realm you have the Asura's. The Sumerians had a similar concept and these metaphysical beings were to be appeased by offerings just like Hindus today still make offerings, burn incense etc to honour these beings.

I realise some of you are disappointed to hear the Anunnaki aren't 8ft aliens flying around in spaceships coming from a 12th planet but hay it was entertaining whilst it lasted!

One thing common sense should have alerted you to this is a planet with such a highly elliptical orbit as posed by zecharia sitchin would be roasting hot when orbiting closest to the Sun and so cold that gases would be solids whilst out at its furthest orbit. No life could ever evolve on such an unstable planet and I haven't even talked about the effects of the gravitational stresses induced by such a highly elliptical orbit.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

realise some of you are disappointed to hear the Anunnaki aren't 8ft aliens flying around in spaceships coming from a 12th planet but hay it was entertaining whilst it lasted!

There is not a single piece of evidence for either of those things being true.

Sitchin, or otherwise.

Trying to use the fables of old such as Gilgamesh for example, without any other kind of sources or correlated findings, don't prove anything.

They just prove that Sitchin believers and believers of this theory aren't all that different, since they are willing to accept something without any kind of evidence to back it up.

~Tenth
edit on 6/18/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

My point is that the Sumerians belief was that the Anunnaki were metaphysical beings that they prayed to, made offerings of incense, fragrant oils and made sacrifices of animals to.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

But we all know the Church would never have allowed a strong female figure in it's doctrine at that point in history.

Hell they left out the Gospel of Mary! You'd think the words of the mother of Christ would have some meaning in the cannon, but I guess not.

Besides, the names of Angels are man made. I really really really really really doubt God actually gave them names if God does exist, considering he's a being not of this world and neither is any of the 'higher life' he supposedly created.

There would be no male or female in that classical sense.

~Tenth

Then look at the pre Christian book of Enoch, none of the angels in that are females either. Angels are supposed to be the army of heaven to ancient people an army of females was unthinkable.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Then look at the pre Christian book of Enoch, none of the angels in that are females either.

Which is a fairy tale, written in a male dominated world, of course there are no women. You must realize the historical context in which these texts were written.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

We are told by the savior that we are angels(messengers) in heaven. Where we have no mates(husband or wives). And he also states that we should make the two eyes be one. If you are male, make yourself female. If you are female, make yourself man. The two in one. Androgynous.

As "tttp" says: It was a male dominated world where the educated were men who wrote for men. With few exceptions throughout history.

Well, this is my answer...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The Annanuki are corporal ETs. Flesh and Blood, with longer lifespans than regular humans or "adams".

They also answer for their behavior and intentions just like the "adams".

Read up on Mauro Biglino and it may open your eyes, or it may not, as some people prefer to keep their closed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join