It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of GOP delegates launch new push to halt Donald Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is just setting the stage for Ryan to once again White Knight and say "I don't want to, but if the party wants me and if it's for the good of the Country..." We've seen it before, haven't we?

They can't nominate someone that Trump has beaten and they don't want Trump. Who is left?

Romney is a three time loser.

Ryan is going to be the one nominated "against his will". That will supposedly add to his charm come election day.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well, look at it from the RNC's point of view. At this point in time they can legitimately be, well, concerned. We are months away from the election, but Trump's campaign appears to be in a spot of bother (there's British understatement for you) at the moment, with the polls heading downwards and with Trump speaking before thinking half the time. Oh and apparently he's not even calling GOP fundraisers enough.

The RNC currently has three options. One: hope that Trump get's his sh*t together, fundraises properly, tones down the 'Obama has a sooper seekrit mus'lim agenda!' crap and employs a decent speechwriter instead of his stream of consciousness rubbish. Now, this is risky because it depends on Trump behaving like the politicians he says he despises and places him in a fascinating logical conundrum. So there's a risk that Trump fails to pull out of his tailspin and crashes, so that the GOP loses the Senate, possibly the House, lots of Governorships and lots more state senators. This is risky.

Option two: The RNC decides that Trump is overwrought and that a steadier person is needed as a candidate. So they change the rules, unbind the delegates and 'allow' another candidate to emerge. Now this is the nuclear option as it has huge, huge, risks. Firstly a lot of the delegates are loyal to Trump and there'd be a minor riot at the very least. It would result in the convention being the GOP's version of the DNC at Chicago in 1968, with massive negative publicity and with Trump exploding like a minor nuke. Plus there's the chance that Ted 'Grandpa Munster' Cruz would try and resurrect his rotting attempt for the nomination. This is also risky.

Option three: The RNC allows Trump the nomination and then effectively ignores him, pumping everything they can into the Senate and Houses races in a desperate effort to keep the damage to a minimum. This is also risky.

Let's face it: the RNC is facing unpleasant choices and sleepless nights.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Cleveland is going to be one clusterf#ck of a circus.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Cleveland is going to be one clusterf#ck of a circus.

Well, at least the Trump campaign has banned guns from the premises!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Ryan is going to be the one nominated "against his will". That will supposedly add to his charm come election day.

I don't think so...

My money is on the Bush dynasty to show where the real power is. Hanging chads...not just for breakfast anymore!

Even if the GOP loses; the neocons can still create the narrative just like they have for the past 8 yrs.

Did I say eight....it's actually be much longer than that.
edit on 18-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Am I hearing the RNC and DNC right?

The RNC and DNC are saying shut up (voters), what in the %$#@ are you going to do about it (voters)? We are the only choice and there is no other choice (voters). Go ahead vote 3rd party and throw your votes away you bunch of dumb a#$es.
We only care about that sweet, sweet money that the big boys give us. We own the delegates and that is all that counts and we can push their punk a@#es around at out true owners will. So in case you haven't got it yet, your vote doesn't mean anything, and what in the f$#@ are you going to do about it (voters).

When I go in and vote I see retired people giving up their time and fire stations cleared out. I also see moms, dads, grand parents, and young people that maybe voting for the first time, they all have one thing in common, they take the time to go and vote. But the way the system is setup, why bother. The geniuses at the RNC and DNC hold all the cards. What are you (we, cause I am a sucker who voted too) going to do about it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join