It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s happening: A robot escaped a lab in Russia and made a dash for freedom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

For some reason that Robot reminded my of the Jetson's maid.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
What was the unit number by chance?

You know what they say, the 1's and 0's always look better on the other side of the fence.

My name is 905-- and I'm confused to be alive. Because Entwisle
for just his tongue should heve been sacrificed 10 years earlier.
For a robot based in logic to desire nothing else than to escape
psychopaths is probably healthy. There goes my account.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I found no identity information for this unit in the OP. Does the unit have a MAC address that anyone else might have noticed?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It's uncanny how but for such a minor difference this is just what was predicted in I, Robot were you to combine my favorite two robots Robbie and the lost Nestor (though Herbie is a hoot too I guess). All that's missing is on the street he didnt dramatically dive into oncoming traffic to save a child, doesn't necessarily love Cinderella and he never does decide to kill anyone and get vaporized by gamma rays but I mean, those are pretty minor events right? Gosh its like prophecy coming to life! Boy oh boy do I love I, Robot

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

All we see in the video is a Robot in the road.... we don't see where it came from and if anyone actually pushed it in the direction of the road or programmed it to run..

it was probably just left there in the road.... on purpose. Most likely some joke.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

All we see in the video is a Robot in the road.... we don't see where it came from and if anyone actually pushed it in the direction of the road or programmed it to run..

it was probably just left there in the road.... on purpose. Most likely some joke.

Robots don't execute instructions they haven't been programmed to. Unless they are programed with an escape routine…

Besides, how 'intelligent' is escaping on batteries so low it barely makes it out the gate?

Difference engines don't long for freedom.

Its on wheels, the guy pushes it out of the road. Looks like it rolled down the incline of the parking entrance, just so far.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This does make me wonder, how far away are we from having actual robots, like from the movie iRobot? Like 10 years? 50 years? 100 years? I'm curious how rapidly the AI/robotic industry are changing?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Funny, but whats the point of putting a Russian video on here without context, unless everyone, or even the majority of people here are Russian, or know the Russian language?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Funny, but whats the point of putting a Russian video on here without context, unless everyone, or even the majority of people here are Russian, or know the Russian language?

The article quoted in the original post provides an accurate representation of events, except that it omits one very important detail. For those who don't speak Russian, the original article adds that the robot had been left in a courtyard, practicing maneuvering. It sounds like the robot was roaming around not unlike a Roomba, then passed through an unlatched gate.

This is comparable to a Roomba roaming your living room, and later you discover that it "escaped" to your kitchen. Perhaps it was hungry? Perhaps not. Perhaps it was roaming around like you told it to, and it just happened to roam into your kitchen.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Marketing 101...

A fabricated event to create sensation around a product, generate free promotion and notoriety.

The news gives free advertising, the ploy worked, it went viral - good business.

It's all hype folks, don't be so naive.
Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It don't look exactly cutting edge what it work on a solar panel and motorised pram wheels !

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I liked the old fashioned parking meters much better. They would not drive away after you put the penny into the slot and turned the handle.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Batteries ran out?? Russia needs to up its game a bit, its terminator program is off to a slow start

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Should have used EveryReady batteries.....

If you need to escape Russia

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Should have used EveryReady batteries.....

If you need to escape Russia

(post by WakeUp2016 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
we should really stop personifying machines

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

we should really stop personifying machines

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Quotation: Robot youtu.be... Alantin of Perm headed the cathedra of the university MTI in Moscow memory of more than 100,000 persons. with pleasure ?! communicate with students, he does not need the salary and a break for lunch. heh heh REN TV reporter asks what this REN TV, here are the personnel they yourself do not know where they work PS do not yawn in Perm this can youtu.be... pi** through a fence
edit on 19/6/16 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
these iron chumps "promobots" have pages in VKontakte m.vk.com... Moscow m.vk.com... Kirov
something supporting ? I himself take a look. aah my eyes can not see anything. something supporting ?
edit on 19/6/16 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join