It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange is the New Black - Back on tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think you'll actually be able to even watch the entire season...on Netflix....

I wouldn't have ordinarily watched this, but somehow the idea of Laura Prepon in a women's prison....

Anyhoo...it's actually a really good show, with good writing, acting, and unpredictable storylines.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Orange lives matter

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I like it because pretty women get naked and have sex with each other. Visually appealing. The writing takes backseat. My favorite characters are Crazy Eyes and Pensatucky though.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Arent there certain websites for that sort of thing.... why beat around the bush?

Furthermore, what ever happened to the quality shows like 'the wire' or 'sopranos'.... good ole days! Nothing like the idiocracy they put on nowadays! i never understood OITNB.... something about the delicate sensibilities these shows play on that i cant quite wrap my mind around!

but i guess everyone has their own taste sort of thing!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

My wife and I love it!

Only problem with this season is we have a kid lol.
But after bedtime woohoo!

Yes, when Netflix releases a season you can watch it entirely.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Arent there certain websites for that sort of thing

If that's what you're looking for, you'll be disappointed. There is SOME of it, but very little. About the most nudity you see is in the bathroom scenes, and even then it's just background to the actual story.

No, like Sopranos, and other great cable shows, this is all about the characters and situations they are in, an it's a great ensemble, that's why it works.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

my only beef is how wholly unrealistic it really is. Women's prisons are virtually the same as men's, horribly violent with racial segregation. When Tasty's "mom" come in on season 2, it finally got a little bit more real. She turned her group out in drug dealing prison gang and made Susan an enforcer, which she did quite well. Thats a real prison.

That cute blonde girl would not be running nothing unless she utilized her fists more. I think thats why the writing makes me mad sometimes. She will say something and im like "ok, why is she not having her faced smashed in like would normally happen??"

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If you saw the real person the little blonde is based on, would make more sense....she looks nothing like the little blonde in the show, lol.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

So am I the only person that appreciates that Piscatella is actually trying to treat the prisoners like criminals in a prison and not children at a daycare?? I would hope he sticks around for season 5 and not get written out.
Damn shame what happened to Poussey.

I wonder if Daya is going to do the deed. Really # of that other guard to just allow the psycho to bring in a gun into the gen-pop area. Both were total morons for that move. Not wise to bring in something that will be used against you when surrounded in close quarters by your enemies.

I am a bit hurt for Lolly too though.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

He's not treating them like prisoners as they still have protected rights, which were clearly violated multiple times and if we're going to be sticklers about the law most of the guards deserve an orange suit too.
No I don't think just because you're in jail you lose your basic human rights. Great show!

top topics

join